Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The breakover angle on the 4 door is going to make stuff like this inherently way harder. But the 4 door will also be way better in the dunes. It’s all trade offs.
Pardon my ignorance - but why would a 4dr be better in dunes? Isn't more weight inherently bad?
Sponsored

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok... sooo did I miss something or my Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch didn't make it up the hill on that video.... Now listen, I'm not an offroader professional, by no means. Maybe someone can elaborate, is that like an impossible hill or something. Could a Rubicon or powerwagon had made that? If I have a badlands with sasquatch with GOAT, it better be GOAT. Now again, are there factors involved you bet. But like I said, if I'm paying a bunch of money, my darn Bronco better get up that dang hill! Love to hear everyone's thoughts on this though..

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok... sooo did I miss something or my Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch didn't make it up the hill on that video.... Now listen, I'm not an offroader professional, by no means. Maybe someone can elaborate, is that like an impossible hill or something. Could a Rubicon or powerwagon had made that? If I have a badlands with sasquatch with GOAT, it better be GOAT. Now again, are there factors involved you bet. But like I said, if I'm paying a bunch of money, my darn Bronco better get up that dang hill! Love to hear everyone's thoughts on this though..

Many people are going to tell you its the driver who sucks, the tires are too full of air (this appears to be true), there are multiple paths you can take...etc.
Lots of people also don't want to accept that maybe the bronco which we all have been waiting decades for *might* not be as good a rock crawler as the wrangler.

A Powerwagon shouldn't be rock crawling.

IFS also makes crawling v hard.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pardon my ignorance - but why would a 4dr be better in dunes? Isn't more weight inherently bad?
More weight is bad, but it’s more than offset by the longer wheelbase which helps soak up bumps.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not enough evidence to put down the Bronco on the rocks. Just not enough photographic evidence to backup their claim. Which nullifies their judgement, in my view.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk my vehicle on a trail like the Rubicon. Even my gf’s brother-in-law who has a highly modified JKU won’t bother hitting up the gnarlier parts of the trail because he actually wants to enjoy his rig when he goes home.
I’d def say if I was running the rubicon on the daily I’d have a separate rig that is armored to the Max. So I wouldn’t blame your gfs bro in law!
Crazy how use to be Jeep vs Hummer now it’s Jeep vs Bronco. Hopefully one day we can all just be one big happy family. One reason I always loved EJS although Jeep is in the name all kinda of vehicles show up!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many people are going to tell you its the driver who sucks, the tires are too full of air (this appears to be true), there are multiple paths you can take...etc.
Lots of people also don't want to accept that maybe the bronco which we all have been waiting decades for *might* not be as good a rock crawler as the wrangler.

A Powerwagon shouldn't be rock crawling.

IFS also makes crawling v hard.
I think it’s a combination. Pretty clear that the driver wasn’t going at this obstacle the best way possible. But a wrangler would be more forgiving than a Bronco is in this situation, so it’s a toss up.

I want to see what some guys like Brad Lovell and Loren Healey can do with the Bronco.

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my question for all you crawling experts.. because I never have, nor will I ever enter a trail like this. Just not my thing. But I digress..

I assume this section of the trail (shown in video), would most likely have been possible had the Bronco:
1. ran with 'true' 35" Mud Terrains (not this cheesy Goodyear wanna be tires)
2. had the tires 'aired down'
3. had a more experienced driver? (Assuming guy at the wheel not 'as' experienced)

And obviously this wouldn't be used or was taken as a promotional video. Because all you guys who said the Bronco doesn't need to tow because it's competing against a Jeep that doesn't tow... well would the Jeep make that pass? Cuz if the answer is yes... well... give me my towing capability because you just lost your argument :mad: Oh and while I'm at it, I'll take a V8 with a nice exhaust too ? thanks.
Almost any tire will hook up on the rocks on the Rubicon trail.
That section is a bit tricky and you can sit there and watch guys with 40's struggle if they're off the line.
It really doesn't matter if they are bald AT's, but it does matter that you air down to 8-10psi

The breakover angle on the 4 door is going to make stuff like this inherently way harder. But the 4 door will also be way better in the dunes. It’s all trade offs.
Breakover is worse in a 4 door, but climbing really steep stuff is usually a lot better than a 2 door.
There are different scenarios where the wheelbase of either has an advantage.
Just depends on where the rocks end up.

Going up the side of that boulder is not an experienced crawler move. I think that's Gatekeeper. It's a tough spot.
That is a legitimate line there, but most people drive up the valley and turn hard left.
This spot is right next to Buck Lake, and is a half day's drive into the Rubicon.
We like to call it Heckler hill, because you set up camp right there and get to watch everyone coming up it.

Not enough evidence to put down the Bronco on the rocks. Just not enough photographic evidence to backup their claim. Which nullifies their judgement, in my view.

Personally, I wouldn’t risk my vehicle on a trail like the Rubicon. Even my gf’s brother-in-law who has a highly modified JKU won’t bother hitting up the gnarlier parts of the trail because he actually wants to enjoy his rig when he goes home.
That level of trail rash is about what you'd expect from running through the Con in anything with 33-35" tires.
It's a moderately hard trail and you can expect some light damage even on rigs with 37's and 40's.

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the 4 door looks better.

I think 4 door Jeeps look better.

When I bought my M3(s) I bought 4 doors cause I thought they looked better.

I guess some folks just like 4 door looks.

I was born in 1979 and have no alliance to classic 2 door Broncos. ;)
This is where we disagree my friend, which is okay?. My m3 was a 2dr. Also had an m2. All my Jeep's were 2drs. Every 4dr I've ever had I've gotten rid of with a year as I never use the back seats and aesthetically to me a 2dr always looks better, just better proportions imo. But to each their own and I ain't mad at ya, as I said, the 4dr does look good!! Either way you can't go wrong. Bronco all the way. ????

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like they all made it through the section in the video. This Bronco was the last in line, in front of the Jeep. This photo is of the same section. They probably figured out the best line and approach at some point. Would have been nice to see a video of it actually completing it.
Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) 1596646031607

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Y’all the amount of pics floating around on fb is nuts! They have been spotted everywhere! Go Ford for hitting the where the pavement ends!!

BE6CECF7-23E4-49BB-AF40-3669FFD045A1.jpeg

1DB5C4D3-525C-4728-B185-486457AD95DF.jpeg

4CACB6F6-5F13-49E5-9C13-77A335759E97.jpeg

F2520643-FC30-4D13-B4A1-6CD36BB2EF95.jpeg

13070CCB-A777-4E0B-A853-38059E2AF047.jpeg

7E804DAA-B102-4123-94A3-AC8A9F81470E.jpeg

2FE66D93-6EEF-4326-88A2-9D96666FACAE.png

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is where we disagree my friend, which is okay?. My m3 was a 2dr. Also had an m2. All my Jeep's were 2drs. Every 4dr I've ever had I've gotten rid of with a year as I never use the back seats and aesthetically to me a 2dr always looks better, just better proportions imo. But to each their own and I ain't mad at ya, as I said, the 4dr does look good!! Either way you can't go wrong. Bronco all the way. ????
No M4 ever looked this good tho ;) My old M3...

24459893894_6b6e12d3cc_z.jpg

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you listen to the guys talking in the video I think it explains most of it. They don’t seem to be unimpressed :)

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It did just fine. They forgot one tool the old timers bring with!! A shop broom. The dirt there makes the rocks real slippery. The old guys would broom them off so the tires would hook up. I have seen and xj on bald 33’s and an Fj on bald 35’s with ifs do carnage canyon in Buenavista Colorado. That trail is way worse then the rubicon. Our group and the other group that caught us both had brooms.
Sponsored