Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you guys charge when order is placed or shipped 2000 is a lot of money for the xl linkables if we won’t get them for months
Yes we have to charge to secure your spot in line.

We have linkable kits available for the roof, so we've been getting those shipped right away. I have a few more coming this week to fulfill the rest of the orders.

Bumper kits are hit/miss. Those are still being built by Baja.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes we have to charge to secure your spot in line.

We have linkable kits available for the roof, so we've been getting those shipped right away. I have a few more coming this week to fulfill the rest of the orders.

Bumper kits are hit/miss. Those are still being built by Baja.
Thanks for the quick reply I definitely plan to use you guys when I order thanks again

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mean to hijack your post but what are these? Because with that front lightbar along with these amber lights I think it looks amazing.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics E427A449-34F2-4436-8615-FE2579EB08E5

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't mean to hijack your post but what are these? Because with that front lightbar along with these amber lights I think it looks amazing.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics E427A449-34F2-4436-8615-FE2579EB08E5
Diode Dynamics lights. We've been selling them for months: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

The SSSC2 (smaller 2" ligjht) have always had a back-lit option, which is what you see pictured. The SS3 (the larger 3" light on the inside) have a back-lit option coming soon (this week we're told we should be seeing our SS3 back-lit lights ship to us). That was a truck at SEMA so they were showing off the new back-light SS3 and the new bumper light bar you see there.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Diode Dynamics lights. We've been selling them for months: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...-w-kr-off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-bronco/

The SSSC2 (smaller 2" ligjht) have always had a back-lit option, which is what you see pictured. The SS3 (the larger 3" light on the inside) have a back-lit option coming soon (this week we're told we should be seeing our SS3 back-lit lights ship to us). That was a truck at SEMA so they were showing off the new back-light SS3 and the new bumper light bar you see there.
Ordered my Baja Designs XL Linkable Kit w/6 XL Lights today from your website. Super excited to get them.

Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of the Baja Designs a lot. For the front driving, wide/cornering, and spot...did you use three of your upfitter/aux switches to control each of the sets separately? I am curious which switches (numbers) you used, if so. If you didn't use the upfitters, what did you use for switching?
Thanks. I like the look too. It took a little while to adjust them on the bracket and in the pocket, but I'm happy how it turned out. Make sure you use anti-seize on the bracket bolts -- I locked one up just playing around on the bench. I knew better, but I've never actually had one seize on me before. 4X4TruckLED took care of me and sent me a spare set. I also found their harnesses very nice.

I used one upfitter switch for each of the sets of lights (3 total).

Upfitter Switch 1 - Inner Squadrons, Amber
Upfitter Switch 2 -- Middle Squadrons, White
Upfitter Switch 3 -- Outer S2 Sports

I'm using Upfitter Switch 4 on a set of rear BD S2 Sports.

Upfitter Switch 5 and 6 are spare.

I was not worried about the individual switch circuit current as each pair is well under the lowest rating. I just picked a logic that was easy for me to remember without labeling.

It's easy to move or put some of the pairs in parallel later if I find I need a particular switch. The Squadrons are both SAE street legal, but not the Sport S2s, so I'll probably keep that one separate. If I bundle the Squadrons on a single switch, I'll probably change the lenses so they are both the white or amber. I also used the provided Baja Design rear light harness with built in diode. ("wired or" with reverse light circuit -- can turn on with switch OR it goes on automatically when in "R"). I can drop Upfitter Swtich 4 manual override on the rear lights if I find I need another switch. But the override is nice for situations like at a boat ramp at 4AM when I might be in "P".

I'd like to find a nice weather proof "terminal strip" for making switch swapping under the hood super easy. But it's not really a big deal to move them around.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you! I’m picking up those amber lights for sure. It will tie in well with the Amber bronco led mod that’s floating around.

How does that bottom lightbar work with the lux front camera?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the extensive feedback @4x4TruckLEDs.com

The only thing I disagree with is the finish of BD vs DD. I owned BD before DD entered the market and found their pods being anodized fade over time compared to DD powder-coated finish withstanding several drops during the installation process (clumsy me).

My Squadron Pros are still black. 6 years later

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you! I’m picking up those amber lights for sure. It will tie in well with the Amber bronco led mod that’s floating around.

How does that bottom lightbar work with the lux front camera?
The front camera gets partially blocked naturally. You'll see the light bar in the image but you'll still see in front of you.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order from you guys. I went with the following config:
- SS3 Pro White Combo
- SSC2 Pro White SAE Fog
- SSC2 Pro Yellow SAE Fog

My question: is this is a good configuration? Will the SSC2s put out enough light for everyday road driving, or would I have been better off with an SS3 SAE fog configuration since 99% of my driving will be on-road?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to pull the trigger and pre-order from you guys. I went with the following config:
- SS3 Pro White Combo
- SSC2 Pro White SAE Fog
- SSC2 Pro Yellow SAE Fog

My question: is this is a good configuration? Will the SSC2s put out enough light for everyday road driving, or would I have been better off with an SS3 SAE fog configuration since 99% of my driving will be on-road?
SSC2 are great for road use, especially the pros. You're using them as fog lights, perfect application. I'm a nut job, so I have MAX in SAE Fog. But that's cause again, im a nut job that likes lights :)

The SSC2 Pro are the perfect street legal fog light and then you have those SS3 Pros to light everything else up.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SSC2 are great for road use, especially the pros. You're using them as fog lights, perfect application. I'm a nut job, so I have MAX in SAE Fog. But that's cause again, im a nut job that likes lights :)

The SSC2 Pro are the perfect street legal fog light and then you have those SS3 Pros to light everything else up.
Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation. Can't wait to get them!

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@4x4TruckLEDs.com Have you received any of the SS3 backlit lights yet? I pre-ordered from DD in Jan and have heard nada.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes we've had stock on SS3 Sport and Pro w/back light for a bout a week now.

If you have SS3 Max on order with us, those are not arriving till end of February.

If you ordered direct with DD, can't help ya there. I can tell you we've got them in stock and we've been shipping fog kits for months now.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't really mind, since they're replacing functioning (ish) LEDs, but I was curious. Lifetime LED amber/white cubes. The DD mounting pattern is identical, so I'm going to get a noise-cancelled, better quality diode and board that doesn't make noise in my backup camera, a brighter white LED, but a slightly dimmer amber flash pattern for my Feniex switch controller.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 1644368184782

I have a mix of brands for lighting on my LWN Colorado which gives me a good amount of experience with each that mostly mirrors what @4x4TruckLEDs.com has experienced.

Front facing:
Diode Dynamics SS6 Amber wide lens​
Diode Dynamics SS18 2x Amber wide / 1x White spot lens​
STEDI C4 22"​
Baja Designs Squadrons (replaced Rigid Industries D2 spots, now on my Polaris)​
OEM replacements
Diode Dynamics XML2 5202 LED fogs​
Hylux 2A88 35W 4500K HID low beams​
Rear facing:
Baja Designs S2 Pro Amber combo in Evil Mfg 3rd Brake Light​
Lifetime LED Amber/White​

Cliff Notes:

• Both brands mentioned ship with stainless hardware (big, often overlooked point, rusty hardware makes your truck look shitty)
  • Both brands have quality coatings, vs the Amazon Chinesium specials that yellow, or flake off completely. For my money, Rigid still has the best coatings.
  • Both brands use quality quick connects. BD uses Weatherpac-style and DD uses Deutsch Tech-style. Of the two, I prefer DD's wire, as 1) BD has a paper spacer in the wire that can wick up water if not covered/shrinkwrapped further and 2) I prefer the Deutsch Tech connectors.
  • Both brands are up front about their light output numbers and you can trust that output is what they say it is, unlike literally every garbage bargain-bin LED light on Amazon
  • The BD models I have are slightly warmer color temp than DD, but that could vary between batches
Bottom line, they both have great products, their modular design principles let you make the light you need, they both have great customer service, and you can't go wrong with either, or both, like me.

As for the coatings, I call it a draw, because I have experienced both faded Squadrons, and SS6 endcaps flaking. Both have top quality anodizing on other parts of the same light, so I can totally understand BD's statement earlier in the thread of not being able to QA/QC every single item. Easy as an email to each company to get replacements on the way.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics 1644369355829
Sponsored