Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my set today. I got the standard Torx to work, but no question the Torx+ engage way better. Thanks for keeping the thread going.

I went a bit cheaper, because they will see so little use in my tool box. The quality seems good, but just visually looked at them and engaged one Bronco bolt. *This description is weird too. I did order and verify, but you have to read through the description. The "regular" are Torx+, the other is tamper proof. If Harbor Freight had them, I would have picked up a set there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UC9WJE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got my set today. I got the standard Torx to work, but no question the Torx+ engage way better. Thanks for keeping the thread going.

I went a bit cheaper, because they will see so little use in my tool box. The quality seems good, but just visually looked at them and engaged one Bronco bolt.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UC9WJE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I think that's what I was doing. I was using torx, seemed to be some slack. Now I know why. I ordered the above torx plus set now. Sure don't want to strip my bolts!!

Ty to everyone for their help with this!

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's what I was doing. I was using torx, seemed to be some slack. Now I know why. I ordered the above torx plus set now. Sure don't want to strip my bolts!!

Ty to everyone for their help with this!
Make sure you got the regular (which are +) and not the tamper proof. Horrible description.

Sponsored

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t tried all the bolts on my 2dr but the there is a small tool bag that comes with the Bronco and the torx bit in the bag does not work on the modular bumper. It appears to fit but isn’t quite tight enough so it just strips the bolts.

I read that in another thread here and purchased a single Torx+ 40 bit on Amazon and it worked great putting my brush bar on.
where did you get the rear tire cover?
thats the one I’m trying to find
thanks

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t tried all the bolts on my 2dr but the there is a small tool bag that comes with the Bronco and the torx bit in the bag does not work on the modular bumper. It appears to fit but isn’t quite tight enough so it just strips the bolts.

I read that in another thread here and purchased a single Torx+ 40 bit on Amazon and it worked great putting my brush bar on.
Can you send the link? I'm having trouble finding it

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went balls out and got this set, more than the 12 piece set cost people keep posting, but also has everything, torx, torx plus, torx tamper proof etc. In case anyone is still looking.

Ford Bronco Torx and Torx Plus question Screenshot 2022-01-18 5.25.32 PM

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
where did you get the rear tire cover?
thats the one I’m trying to find
thanks
I got it on cjponyparts.com. I feel like I’ve seen it a few other places since then for possibly cheaper but I can’t recall where.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t come across anything that isn’t Torx Plus yet, not saying there isn’t any idk. I’ve taken apart modular bumper, windshield cowl, hardtop, and the rear speaker pods. The pods have 3 bolts and 3 different sizes. I’ve used TP 25, 27, 30, 40, and 45.
Wheel Trim Rings - Regular Torx

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you send the link? I'm having trouble finding it
I’m having trouble with adding links here so will ad a pic below. I only bought the one - it sounds like I need more from the other posts.

I knew nothing torx, torx+ or TP torx bits. I figured I’ve got screws all over this Bronco, Ford provided a nice looking tool kit with all the bits, the bits should fit, right?

I tried the bit provided to tighten the screws on the hardtop and it worked fine - I’m assuming that is a standard torx bit. I tried the other bit on the bumper screws - no good - as I read here in another thread. So I ordered this on Amazon:

Ford Bronco Torx and Torx Plus question ECE06384-3682-486D-8510-01C53021E501

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Neiko 10086A Standard Torx Plus Bit Socket Set | 12 Piece | TP8 – TP60 | 6 Point Star | Cr-V and S2 Steel | High Impact ABS Blow Molded Case, clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UC9WJE/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_CHK07XAJ3ZHX091ZB330?psc=1

Here is a torx plus set available on amazon.
There are actually 2 options for this set and I'm not sure which one is correct, or if it even makes a difference. One says "standard" and the individual bits are labeled as TPxx, the other option says "tamperproof" and the individual bits are labeled as IPRxx. I need to remove the bolts on the modular bumper and my head is spinning right now trying to figure out what I need to order.
Sponsored