Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just watched the two videos again.

Those were some really, really half-hearted attempts.
Sponsored

B-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco Explorer, 1985 Mustang GT, Z71
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you buddy, that's where we've been taking our Land Cruisers for years. Thats my LC at Windrock in my profile pic. Its GNARLY! Take dry, dusty Moab, add mud and you get Windrock.

Body damage? Ha! If you make it through the black diamond or double black diamond trails without rolling over, that's a success.
I've been to Moab and Windrock. (I really miss Tellico.) Windrock makes Moab feel like a paved road. From what I hear/read, the Rubicon isn't what it used to be. At one point, Jeep took every vehicle they made over that trail. I think the dinky Liberty was the first one they didn't try it with. It sounds impressive in advertising to people who have never been.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They have already committed to offering the Bronco with 35" tires. Do you really think there will be anything other than small software calibration changes at this point? They are way too close to launch to be making any substantive mechanical changes at this point.
This is the correct answer. You can't just change things when your truck is about to launch. The amount of supplier changes simply on the buying side of things would be immense - let alone all the engineering to go with it both technical and process.

What you see here is what you get.

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They have already committed to offering the Bronco with 35" tires. Do you really think there will be anything other than small software calibration changes at this point? They are way too close to launch to be making any substantive mechanical changes at this point.
being in multiple industries including automotive, yes I do think anything can change at any time lol. But that's not the point and you're missing the bigger picture.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is only ONE thing that would have helped that driver make it over those boulders...

... the $495 Nitrogen Pack offered by the finance manager at closing. ;)

Sponsored

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hear you buddy, that's where we've been taking our Land Cruisers for years. Thats my LC at Windrock in my profile pic. Its GNARLY! Take dry, dusty Moab, add mud and you get Windrock.

Body damage? Ha! If you make it through the black diamond or double black diamond trails without rolling over, that's a success.
Rock on! We go out on ATVs, not brave (capable?) enough to take my DD out there. Awesome place though, those crawler trails are NUTS!
Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) A0E4D8F2-CDBC-4F67-93FC-1A2AA5D33B5F

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) DB86FFA1-3373-4A8D-AF34-BA00E5E70D08

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to go with three Model T Black runners for spare body parts

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t really see any issues here with the vehicle itself. I’m not a rock crawler but understand the basics - and even I can tell the guy driving is not experienced (or IS and knows enough to not bust up the Bronco on video ?).

but .......

Not ALL off-roading is rock crawling, either. Take a JK/JL with big lift and big tires at high speed on a Baja run and watch it roll over on the first turn. ?‍♂

It always comes back to the right tool for the job.

JK

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To give you guys some more perspective this video shows the line they are trying to drive up.
It is to the right of the tree line that the Yota is climbing

Ford Bronco First Videos of 2021 Ford Bronco on Rubicon Trail (+ More Pics) DB86FFA1-3373-4A8D-AF34-BA00E5E70D08

See! That's what I expect my Bronco Sasquatch Badlands to do. There needs to be a rematch immediately on that hill!

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t really see any issues here with the vehicle itself. I’m not a rock crawler but understand the basics - and even I can tell the guy driving is not experienced (or IS and knows enough to not bust up the Bronco on video ?).

but .......

Not ALL off-roading is rock crawling, either. Take a JK/JL with big lift and big tires at high speed on a Baja run and watch it roll over on the first turn. ?‍♂

It always comes back to the right tool for the job.

JK
I'm with you for sure. But then we don't have in fact the GOAT. If you say GOAT, and you make that boast, then it performs and literally "Goes over any terrain" which unfortunately, not on that particular trail. I'm just talking from a financial aspect. If I buy a product then it should perform as I expect and if does not do all that is says it does, then they'll need to lower the price.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the guy simply forgot to change the GOAT mode to rack crawl ;)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you for sure. But then we don't have in fact the GOAT. If you say GOAT, and you make that boast, then it performs and literally "Goes over any terrain" which unfortunately, not on that particular trail. I'm just talking from a financial aspect. If I buy a product then it should perform as I expect and if does not do all that is says it does, then they'll need to lower the price.
How do you know it didn’t get past that obstacle?

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine they could possible still have time to make suspension changes such as bumpstops and/or spring rates. I doubt they could make big changes though.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a video from a press event of stock JLU Rubicons on the Rubicon Trail. Not much video of them struggling, but plenty of metal scraping. One interesting thing about this video: The folks from C-Net were at the same event, and they posted a video where the driver basically said it was no sweat with the stock Rubi. This video shows that same C-Net driver getting high centered and having to get pushed off of a rock at about 22 minutes in the video.

Here's another with a group of lifted Jeeps doing the Rubicon. At about 4 minutes the narrator says, "everyone in our group used their winch." So if you think getting stuck proves the Bronco is bad... you're wrong. At about the 28 minute mark there are a few clips of them struggling to get up obstacles.

Totally agree.... The Rubicon trails is a SERIOUS trail man!
Sponsored