Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are the 3 Broncos that you saw in the Rubicon trail videos/pics thread.

They managed to complete the Rubicon trail and are seen here resting in Tahoe after the accomplishment.

That’s the steel modular bumper in the first two photos and standard bumper in last two pics.

2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 1.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 2.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 4.jpg
Awesome but we finished with an ****asterisk because we have video of the Bronco backing down from that one hill. That doesn't sit well with me. We start something we finish it. Either we're the GOAT or we're not... never back down from a fight/challenge
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome but we finished with an ****asterisk because we have video of the Bronco backing down from that one hill. That doesn't sit well with me. We start something we finish it. Either we're the GOAT or we're not... never back down from a fight/challenge
We have a couple minutes video. We have no clue if they finished that obstacle or not lol

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I admit it, I have no plans to take my new Bronco down the rubicon trail. An old Jeep, sure but not a new 60k vehicle. I wish I had so much money to throw away to not worry about it. I envy those that do have that kind of coin or the attitude to say ‘that is what they are built for”. I am not there yet.
and, let’s don’t forget to add sales tax (10.6% for my state and local), plus the substantial cost of an EFW to your total car cost of $60k. My guesstimate of a fully loaded Brinco Badlands Drive-off-the-lot total cost will likely easily rise to well over $70k.

I wouldn’t really want to cause $1,000’s of damage to a brand new car, especially with this sort of money involved!

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a couple minutes video. We have no clue if they finished that obstacle or not lol
Either way, the last things we saw

1. It got stuck
2. It backed off
3. It went again and got stuck

I'm going to be a proud Bronco owner and if I'm Ford, that doesn't sit well with me. I'd be there all night to complete that task. Again, either we're GOAT... or we're not.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Either way, the last things we saw

1. It got stuck
2. It backed off
3. It went again and got stuck

I'm going to be a proud Bronco owner and if I'm Ford, that doesn't sit well with me. I'd be there all night to complete that task. Again, either we're GOAT... or we're not.
They very well could have. We just don’t have video of it. No big whoop

Sponsored

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They very well could have. We just don’t have video of it. No big whoop
No Big whoop?! Brother, we're family as we're both here on this forum rooting for the Bronco. But if I'm spending $55-$60K or higher (Badlands + sasquatch + Lux) and they're boasting were the GOAT we have the GOAT transmission, and then you see that?!

On a personal level though, perhaps it's a personal problem right? I'll admit it LOL, but I don't run from a fight and I finish what I start. If I'm Ford and I say I have the GOAT transmission, you better back it up. Hey I hope your right, maybe they did finish, if so awesome!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Big whoop?! Brother, we're family as we're both here on this forum rooting for the Bronco. But if I'm spending $55-$60K or higher (Badlands + sasquatch + Lux) and they're boasting were the GOAT we have the GOAT transmission, and then you see that?!

On a personal level though, perhaps it's a personal problem right? I'll admit it LOL, but I don't run from a fight and I finish what I start. If I'm Ford and I say I have the GOAT transmission, you better back it up. Hey I hope your right, maybe they did finish, if so awesome!
I don’t think you’re off base if indeed it cannot do it stock.

I'm just saying let’s wait to see if it did or if it can. It wasn’t like that was an official video. And they’re still dialing things in. They're still developing the car.

Agreed with you if we’re gonna give it GOAT modes, it better be able to do it. No worries man ??

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think you’re off base if indeed it cannot do it stock.

I'm just saying let’s wait to see if it did or if it can. It wasn’t like that was an official video. And they’re still dialing things in. They're still developing the car.

Agreed with you if we’re gonna give it GOAT modes, it better be able to do it. No worries man ??
You're right BroncoBoy. Hopefully they release like an official thread or something. I believe it can do it.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see nothing wrong with this photo. THIS is how a offroad vehicle is supposed to look like.

I wanna see bronco clubs look more like this:

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail 1596661793809

And less like this:

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail 1596661845381

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've watched A LOT of rock crawling videos over the past few weeks. The vast majority show multiple attempts at obstacles like in the Bronco video and most of them are lifted with much larger tires. We saw a 1:30 video. No idea how the 3rd attempt went.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damage happens when wheeling no doubt. But these “heavy duty” bumpers are a joke. Just hope the skid plates hold up better.
As for the obstacle in those videos, I’m sure these are just the same drivers taking a really cool road trip but that driver in that video couldn’t pick a line to save his life.

I may be wrong but I assume in development they had Jason Scherer and Cameron Steele actually testing these things out in their reapective elements. It would be cool see a real rock crawler and real desert guy doing what they do in these vehicles not just Joe the ford guy.
A guy missing the lines on a climb makes the vehicle look limited. A guy walking up a legit obstacle makes it look invincible.
Sponsored