Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yup, I’ve found this to be the cause for me. It doesn’t help that the backup lights are crappy and more or less point horizontal, vs. aimed down. I have to brake to be able to see anything at night.
I bought replacements. they got delivered yesterday
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, I went to check out my camera again after reading this post, and even with the 12" screen my camera seems to look like crap.

@Tricky Dick - Just want a second opinion on this. Can you confirm that my back-up camera image looks like crap please?

Ford Bronco Backup camera image quality A4286148-4F54-47AB-B5DB-613FA45D6514

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The lighting is definitely the biggest contributor to low res (especially at night). Has anyone considered or figured out a way to put an additional light back there aimed correctly that can be connected to the aux switches? If so I'd be interested in hearing about it. Haven't received my Bronco yet but that is one mod I would be greatly interested in.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mine is perfect. works perfectly and is very clear.

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming everyone that says theirs are perfectly clear have the 360 camera package. I ordered the lux package as well. I currently drive a 2018 Yukon Denali and let me tell you for the money these things cost you'd think it'd have a better camera...wrong. It's absolute trash, blurry AF. Don't even bother using it at night or in the rain. I remember when I test drove a base bronco the camera was better quality than my Yukon, so I can't imagine what a lux package resolution is like.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, I went to check out my camera again after reading this post, and even with the 12" screen my camera seems to look like crap.

@Tricky Dick - Just want a second opinion on this. Can you confirm that my back-up camera image looks like crap please?

Ford Bronco Backup camera image quality A4286148-4F54-47AB-B5DB-613FA45D6514
Sure does. You can trust me, I'm an expert.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure does. You can trust me, I'm an expert.
I sure hope you zoomed into the picture, otherwise I'll question your judgement all together lol.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not say the camera does not work or that I feel I should see everything while using it. I was stating my disappointment that my $42000+ Bronco's backup camera is considerably lower resolution than that of my friends $27000 RAV4 backup camera...as well as cameras on older vehicles. The camera is fine, but definitely lower resolution than I expected on a flagship vehicle which I consider the Bronco to be. I will be curios as to the resolution of the Maverick's camera.
the bitch of it is, if you take your approach to every part or accessory of the Bronco, you no longer have a $40k vehicle. Somebody somewhere is going to say "my widget is cheap, I can't believe they didn't put a nicer widget in my $40k Bronco".

For people with concerns, like you, there is an upgrade option.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So okay, the photos provided show that clearly no pedestrians, cars, or other hazards are in the danger zone. Do we really need 4K HD resolution? Should we be upset that a less expensive neighbor's car has a higher resolution backup camera than we do? Is this what we are spending our time on? Seems a bit much to see multiple pages of posts in this thread. I hate to sound like our parents here, but "when I was growing up there were no such things as backup cameras, we had to actually look over our shoulders and use mirrors", and it was fine. Now we have this wonderful technology giving us a wide-angle COLOR view of the rear area while backing up . . . but it's somehow not good enough? Not throwing hate on OP, I get his expectations for quality, but we have friends in the Bronco community with blown engines, leaky roofs, dealer shenanigans, and many still waiting 500+ days for their Bronco, but now we're demanding better resolution on a back up camera? Come on, life's good, we have (or will soon be getting) one of the most celebrated off-road vehicles hitting the market in years, let's not nitpick the small things.

OP
OP
RClark82

RClark82

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150, 2008 F150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So okay, the photos provided show that clearly no pedestrians, cars, or other hazards are in the danger zone. Do we really need 4K HD resolution? Should we be upset that a less expensive neighbor's car has a higher resolution backup camera than we do? Is this what we are spending our time on? Seems a bit much to see multiple pages of posts in this thread. I hate to sound like our parents here, but "when I was growing up there were no such things as backup cameras, we had to actually look over our shoulders and use mirrors", and it was fine. Now we have this wonderful technology giving us a wide-angle COLOR view of the rear area while backing up . . . but it's somehow not good enough? Not throwing hate on OP, I get his expectations for quality, but we have friends in the Bronco community with blown engines, leaky roofs, dealer shenanigans, and many still waiting 500+ days for their Bronco, but now we're demanding better resolution on a back up camera? Come on, life's good, we have (or will soon be getting) one of the most celebrated off-road vehicles hitting the market in years, let's not nitpick the small things.
I for the most part agree with you. My intent was questioning if my camera was faulty or is this just what is to be expected.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lighting is definitely the biggest contributor to low res (especially at night). Has anyone considered or figured out a way to put an additional light back there aimed correctly that can be connected to the aux switches? If so I'd be interested in hearing about it. Haven't received my Bronco yet but that is one mod I would be greatly interested in.
You can buy a set of lights and hook them up with a harness that also connects it to the reverse lights in addition to the aux switches (e.g. the 4x4truckled harness they sell for this purpose).

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for the most part agree with you. My intent was questioning if my camera was faulty or is this just what is to be expected.
Got it, an that's totally fair . . .
Sponsored