zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are harder trails than Rubicon. I think Slick Rock and Dusy/Ershim are more challenging. My 2 cents.
I think you meant to say Fordyce :D

No Big whoop?! Brother, we're family as we're both here on this forum rooting for the Bronco. But if I'm spending $55-$60K or higher (Badlands + sasquatch + Lux) and they're boasting were the GOAT we have the GOAT transmission, and then you see that?!

On a personal level though, perhaps it's a personal problem right? I'll admit it LOL, but I don't run from a fight and I finish what I start. If I'm Ford and I say I have the GOAT transmission, you better back it up. Hey I hope your right, maybe they did finish, if so awesome!
I posted in the other thread...but anyways, here's a JL and a Gladiator on the exact same obstacle from a few days ago, and this angle does a much better job showing the rocks.

There are multiple different lines to climb this from mild to wild.
This is one of those little climbs that you either just walk up it without an issue, or you have a bit of trouble and just need to back up and reposition, or give it some right foot :D

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adam, you also need to be ready for the Starbucks parking lot when all those soccer moms are there scrambling for a mocha-latte. It can get mighty hairy, and picking the right line is very important.;):)
"Donut button" material there.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much fun to beat something that you don't have to pay to fix. :LOL:

I used to Drag Race a sponsored car. It's nice to be able to push something to it's limits without it killing your bank account.

Adam, you also need to be ready for the Starbucks parking lot when all those soccer moms are there scrambling for a mocha-latte. It can get mighty hairy, and picking the right line is very important.;):)
For sure. I gotta get in there and get my Nitro Cold Brew!!!:LOL:

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took a couple brand new Land Cruisers as chase vehicles for a cross country military vehicle test in the Middle East last summer. Pic is from the first day in sand, no rocks....

24AAA3E2-B623-4E6C-975B-6F09F6E4CE0C.jpeg

E38C228B-4A6E-4D91-AF52-6680328F624D.jpeg

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No Big whoop?! Brother, we're family as we're both here on this forum rooting for the Bronco. But if I'm spending $55-$60K or higher (Badlands + sasquatch + Lux) and they're boasting were the GOAT we have the GOAT transmission, and then you see that?!
There really is no other way to put this. GOAT doesn't mean it can't be stopped. That's just truly insane to hold it to that. The name of the driver select feature does not override physics.

The amount of money you spend on it has no bearing on physics. And it's blatantly obvious the problem was grip. The driver select system can't modify friction between the dusty tires and rocks.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you meant to say Fordyce :D

I posted in the other thread...but anyways, here's a JL and a Gladiator on the exact same obstacle from a few days ago, and this angle does a much better job showing the rocks.

There are multiple different lines to climb this from mild to wild.
This is one of those little climbs that you either just walk up it without an issue, or you have a bit of trouble and just need to back up and reposition, or give it some right foot :D

What kind did the bronco take? Mild or wild.

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind did the bronco take? Mild or wild.
The mildest, but it's still a good little section :D
The Bronco's were going up it just to the right of the Toyota in the next clip

This is to the left and is a bit harder:

This is to the right and is a LOT harder:

Last edited:

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The name of the driver select feature does not override physics.

The amount of money you spend on it has no bearing on physics.

The driver select system can't modify friction between the dusty tires and rocks.
WTF?!

Iā€™m cancelling my reservation.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, my understanding is this is not an official Ford video. Just someone that was there recording and Ford didn't object to it being posted.

First, awesome that Ford is allowing this. IMO, that should be a no-brainer, but good that they have enough confidence to not freak out about someone posting a video of their vehicle not meeting with 100% initial success.

Second, I would like to see some video of veteran crawlers taking a variety of stock Broncos on trails like this. Great for showing everyone what the rig is capable of in experienced hands. Almost certainly we'll see that at some point, even if it's not an official Ford outing.

Finally, I'm extremely happy that we're seeing videos like this were the first couple of attempts are NOT successful. We know the videos that we are seeing are not just being cherry picked, and that the vehicles are actually still capable in less-than-professional hands. It lets the inexperienced among us (like myself) know that there is no Easy Button. You still have to know what you're doing, and you shouldn't put yourself in a dangerous situation just because your new Bronco has GOAT! This is also very instructive as well - everyone commenting on what could have been done better (air down, etc.) helps everyone else learn.

And certainly we shouldn't judge the real capabilities of a vehicle by a 2 minute clip on a single obstacle. From what we know, they all completed the trail. Even if they had to assist and recover one another along the way. that's why you don't go alone.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Second, I would like to see some video of veteran crawlers taking a variety of stock Broncos on trails like this.
I'd like to see the people talking shit in here to hop in that Bronco and show them how it's done. Ha.

Seems everyone is an armchair crawler.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope they realize that 37" is needed :p
Not really. I ran the Rubicon on a Jeep with 2.5ā€œ lift and 35s and no issues - besides some love taps to the bumpers. Also had a stock Rubicon on stock 32s behind us who made it. The under carriage protection is whatā€™s critical and gets scuffed up (and should be expected to get scuffed up) and the a Bronco bash plates did their job.

Iā€™m sure the a Bronco can and did make it through - Iā€™m excited for my Bronco!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was stalking on my wife's FB page today and found this post in Brad Lovell's page. When I read it I immediately thought of this forum . I have heard him say it before but this really should put it in perspective for most. This is an off road racer consulting Ford on how to improve the new Bronc and Ford listening.

My dadā€™s ā€˜76 last summer and me in the ā€˜21. I have a lot to share about the program but suffice to say, Ford got this one right. Iā€™ve been lucky to be engrained in the project for years. It could have been anyone like me, but I was lucky to work for Driven Dynamic. Whatā€™s important is that the capable ā€˜21 Bronco was developed by the off-road enthusiast for the off-road enthusiast. When it didnā€™t live up to to our expectations, they fixed it until it did. We werenā€™t told ā€œnoā€. We found creative new solutions and features that are game changers. Dad would be proud. Thanks @fireguysracing for helping with Bronco and this awesome pic. #fordbronco2021 #fordbronco @thebronconation @broncosix @fordbronco #teamamsoil @rlovell32 #builtonbfg #methodracewheels #warnwinch @blacksheepexpeditions #lovellracing @terry_madden
Sponsored