Sponsored

First Ford Bronco Mule Spotted Using Everest Body?

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Our photographers have caught what could be the very first shots of an early mule using a Ford Everest body to test the upcoming 2021 Ford Bronco!

Sources inside the Blue Oval wouldn't outright confirm this is a Bronco mule but did not deny it either. And from the covered front end and the fact that it was spotted testing alongside prototypes of the 2020 Ranger pickup ("Raptor", Wildtrak and Regular crew versions) it sure looks like it.

It's important to keep in mind that this represents early testing of the vehicle's underpinnings and the use of the Ford Everest body is not an indication of how the next Ford Bronco will look. In fact, Ford has made comments to suggest it will be visually distinct from the Everest.

A few things we know...

Ford has already confirmed that the next Ford Bronco will use a modified T6 platform which will be shared with next Ford Ranger and Ford currently sells the T6-based Ford Everest SUV in certain export markets.

Early rumors indicated the next Bronco would be nothing more than a rebadged Everest, but Ford's Raj Nair rebutted the speculation early this year by reassuring that the 2021 Bronco would be unique from the Everest although share its body on frame construction while adding more off-road capability. He also confirmed it would be similar in size to the Ford Ranger being sold overseas and would "live up to [its] heritage" of the original as a "capable and confident all-rounder."

With that, it should come as no surprise that Ford would be using a Ford Everest donor vehicle to conduct early testing. The good news is with modifications to the T6 architecture and utilizing a body-on-frame construction, Ford could more easily and cost-effectively put a whole new body on top of a shortened T6 platform.

Ford-Bronco-Mule0.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule1.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule2.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule3.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule4.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule5.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule6.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule7.jpg

Ford-Bronco-Mule8.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't care how good it is, I won't buy an everest with a bronco badge on it. I'd rather buy a 4runner.

ezrod

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Blazer, Slingshot, Harley Electra glide
Your Bronco Model
Base
they totally missed the mark here. I'll save my money not interested in another mini van suv.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is hideous. It needs to look A LOT more like a Wrangler and A LOT less like a Traverse. SMH. Hopefully it's #fakenews and Ford is throwing people off the track.

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fingers crossed that this is either just an updated everest, or Ford is using an everest body during testing, and has something much better waiting for the reveal. None of the rumors sound promising though. I don't expect to see the new bronco revealed until movember-ish 2018 so they still have lots of time for development.

Sponsored

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's just a mule. Just like they use old outgoing models for testing before they put on a completely new body. It makes sense to use the Everest since it's already on the T6 but I have faith it will not look anything like it.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To keep some levity here:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

That "Flex" was actually the mule for the 2010 Explorer.

I'm going with an Everest refresh with these photos

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going with an Everest refresh with these photos
Doesn't really make sense why an Everest refresh would be testing with the Ranger pickup though.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn't really make sense why an Everest refresh would be testing with the Ranger pickup though.
Because the upcoming Ranger that will be sold in the States will be also updated (as the same truck, outside some power train changes) around the world. The Everest is due an update also.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, it's a sign of our times. We can only process the amount of information that can be put in a meme or title.
Read the Damm article guys!

Personally, I fully believe they will look very, VERY much like the renderings that started this forum.
All the rest, I fully believe also, is somebody messing with our heads, LOL!

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But as far as these Everest pics go ..... I already have a Subaru Outback!
Lol!

Last edited:

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I freaked out until I saw this is RHD. Probably an Everest refresh, or at least basically just the first step to testing the chassis for Bronco use.

frankco2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Could just be using the Ranger for Bronco powertrain testing. Usually the new body goes on much later and we still have a looong wait (almost 3 years).
Sponsored