First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One with a reservation I made 8/13/21 and one that had no reservation. All I've learned is that allocation is the biggest constraint at this point. The reservation system really means next to nothing.

The build is pretty easy - a 2022 4 door Badlands with 2.7, Sasquatch package, and high package. No other options selected. Soft top.

The first order was placed 12/10 at a large Central Texas dealership it was tied to my reservation and I have heard nothing since the order went through. According to the Ford site, it is not scheduled for production. The second order was placed 12/23 at a smaller dealership in Lubbock. I received word this morning that I am scheduled for build in early March and received my VIN.

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better, but for anyone that's still waiting and doesn't have a build date - reach out to another dealer and see if you can just order another one. The location I ordered the second one from ordered with no deposit gave me a written agreement that there is no markup.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you happen to get any info from the second smaller dealer such as:
allocation
reservations/orders placed but not filled

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2-door or 4-door (soft or hard top)?

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you happen to get any info from the second smaller dealer such as:
allocation
reservations/orders placed but not filled
I didn't ask.

My buddy had ordered one (no reservation) on 12/15 and had a VIN/build date of 2/14 the next week. I ordered right before Christmas (right after he got a VIN so fast) so I think mine only took that "long" because of the 3 weeks off for the holiday and catching up. I could tell they didn't have too many orders because their order number they give is just the date, his was 1215 and mine was 1223. He ordered a 4 door soft top badlands with sasquatch and lux package.

Sponsored

StarPony

Badlands
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is your CenTex dealer??

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't ask.

My buddy had ordered one (no reservation) on 12/15 and had a VIN/build date of 2/14 the next week. I ordered right before Christmas (right after he got a VIN so fast) so I think mine only took that "long" because of the 3 weeks off for the holiday and catching up. I could tell they didn't have too many orders because their order number they give is just the date, his was 1215 and mine was 1223. He ordered a 4 door soft top badlands with sasquatch and lux package.
OK. Thank you. Glad you had good luck! From what I can tell, most dealers either can't or won't tell you what their allocation is and barely give exact info as to how many orders they have that need filled. So it makes it difficult to figure out what dealer to go with.

I'm sure lots of people are gonna want the dealers info...... they may get a lot of orders!

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK. Thank you. Glad you had good luck! From what I can tell, most dealers either can't or won't tell you what their allocation is and barely give exact info as to how many orders they have that need filled. So it makes it difficult to figure out what dealer to go with.

I'm sure lots of people are gonna want the dealers info...... they may get a lot of orders!
I'm happy to send business their way. They've been great with me despite being 6 hours away lol.

Sponsored

StarPony

Badlands
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covert.

I'm just a little north of you in Liberty Hill.
Ah cool, I'm with Leif Johnson.

I've counted 6 within 4 miles of my house in the last 2 months! Pulled up to a black (or maybe AMB? Hard to tell at 6 PM) Badlands last night on 183A frontage, felt so silly just staring and dreaming LOL :cry:

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've counted 6 within 4 miles of my house in the last 2 months! Pulled up to a black (or maybe AMB? Hard to tell at 6 PM) Badlands last night on 183A frontage, felt so silly just staring and dreaming
We'll get it one day! If you see a blue Ranger Tremor with a tubular front bumper around, that's me!

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, they are charging a $15,000 ADM on their 2 door OuterBanks listed on their website. Hope there isn't any funny business when you go to buy it. And ADM on their other listed Broncos too.

https://www.covertford.com/searchnew.aspx?q=bronco
That's the one I don't have a build date on yet - so I more than likely won't be buying it. That being said, I have written and verbal agreement that all custom orders are at MSRP with them.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I had a similar outcome except I tried it with 3 dealerships. Large Volume Discount vs Large Dealership with many Bronco Orders vs Mid-size dealership with about 25 Orders.

The Mid-size dealership won even though I ordered it much much later than the other 2. Ordered in December and getting built in March. OBX, SAS, MIC hardtop.
Sponsored