Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This really doesn't surprise me at all. Good luck to everyone actively pursuing a 2022 Bronco!

I've decided I'm going to wait this out until 2023. As I've gone through the process, while I want a new Bronco, I don't need a new Bronco right now. I've prioritized paying off our house and padding the IRA of my wife (stay at home mom). My 18 yr old truck is still kicking ass.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I had a similar outcome except I tried it with 3 dealerships. Large Volume Discount vs Large Dealership with many Bronco Orders vs Mid-size dealership with about 25 Orders.

The Mid-size dealership won even though I ordered it much much later than the other 2. Ordered in December and getting built in March. OBX, SAS, MIC hardtop.
Makes me wish I would have gone hard top! But I've seen a fair amount of problems with them so maybe I'm lucky to have not opted for it lol.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Follow up to you buyers ordering at multiple dealerships. Are you cancelling the orders you have at the others? I ask because "in theory" it could clog up the system for those waiting. Now, I'm not sure I even believe what I just typed, but still a bit curious. LOL

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Follow up to you buyers ordering at multiple dealerships. Are you cancelling the orders you have at the others? I ask because "in theory" it could clog up the system for those waiting. Now, I'm not sure I even believe what I just typed, but still a bit curious. LOL
If I don't get a build date from my initial dealer in the next week or two, I'll call and cancel it. As far as I know though, it'll still get built and shipped to my dealership. It would just be an inventoried vehicle (and thus probably marked up)

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I don't get a build date from my initial dealer in the next week or two, I'll call and cancel it. As far as I know though, it'll still get built and shipped to my dealership. It would just be an inventoried vehicle (and thus probably marked up)
Yeah, I was thinking more that if it was cancelled before build, that it'd free up a spot for another reservation holder to get scheduled (hopefully in a perfect world).

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft tops are entirely about dealer allocation at this point. There are July '20 soft tops that have not been scheduled and 2022 walk-ins that have.

With the hard top the story is more complex, but once the part stops being so constrained, that will be entirely about dealer allocation too.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, have to say this is really messed up from Ford. We all kind of knew this would happen, but it still stings a bit. As a first 12 hour Rez holder, every time I see a Bronco on the road, I get equally excited and angry. Nice to start seeing them out there, but then angry that folks got them before me knowing they most likely ordered way after. I’m sure once I’m driving in it, the anger will subside.

LagoVistaBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covert.

I'm just a little north of you in Liberty Hill.
I ordered from Covert with a late March reservation and a July 20 order date. It delivered on 12/17. 4 dr badlands Sasquatch mid . 2.3
My other order with a reservation of 8/3/2020 and a March 16 order ... not a peep aside from having to reorder for 2022

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One with a reservation I made 8/13/21 and one that had no reservation. All I've learned is that allocation is the biggest constraint at this point. The reservation system really means next to nothing.

The build is pretty easy - a 2022 4 door Badlands with 2.7, Sasquatch package, and high package. No other options selected. Soft top.

The first order was placed 12/10 at a large Central Texas dealership it was tied to my reservation and I have heard nothing since the order went through. According to the Ford site, it is not scheduled for production. The second order was placed 12/23 at a smaller dealership in Lubbock. I received word this morning that I am scheduled for build in early March and received my VIN.

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better, but for anyone that's still waiting and doesn't have a build date - reach out to another dealer and see if you can just order another one. The location I ordered the second one from ordered with no deposit gave me a written agreement that there is no markup.
Please share this with FORD CORPORATE. This makes no sense at all. Reservation holders should come first. Thanks for the experiment and information.
@Ford Motor Company
@FordMotorCompany

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
One with a reservation I made 8/13/21 and one that had no reservation. All I've learned is that allocation is the biggest constraint at this point. The reservation system really means next to nothing.

The build is pretty easy - a 2022 4 door Badlands with 2.7, Sasquatch package, and high package. No other options selected. Soft top.

The first order was placed 12/10 at a large Central Texas dealership it was tied to my reservation and I have heard nothing since the order went through. According to the Ford site, it is not scheduled for production. The second order was placed 12/23 at a smaller dealership in Lubbock. I received word this morning that I am scheduled for build in early March and received my VIN.

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better, but for anyone that's still waiting and doesn't have a build date - reach out to another dealer and see if you can just order another one. The location I ordered the second one from ordered with no deposit gave me a written agreement that there is no markup.

I understand that we are attempting to see how dealer-to-dealer allocation works, but Ford does penalize dealerships for non-name matched orders. Will your 1 order affect them, probably not, but let's not make a trend out of this please. I'd let go over that order and ask them to cancel it.

I will agree that the reservation means almost nothing now.

EDIT: I hope Ford does read these forums, because this should not be happening. Reservations should have always been priority

Sponsored
OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that we are attempting to see how dealer-to-dealer allocation works, but Ford does penalize dealerships for non-name matched orders. Will your 1 order affect them, probably not, but let's not make a trend out of this please. I'd let go over that order and ask them to cancel it.

I will agree that the reservation means almost nothing now.

EDIT: I hope Ford does read these forums, because this should not be happening. Reservations should have always been priority
To be fair, they lost any chance of me caring about that by giving me “first shot” at a base bronco for $30k over sticker after I placed my order. They’ve somehow had about 10 first editions that sold for $90k, so I assume I’m not the first to back out and they’ll make money on it one way or another.

I will say dealers shouldn’t be penalized because of fords logistic problem and allocation nonsense.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Dealer I ordered from has in writing that my $500 Deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure why Ford hasn't tried to take care of reservation holders better

I'll make it really simple. Unless you are a total brand loyalist, most people will buy one Ford every 5-10 years if that and you will have not problem jumping to a different manufacturer if they have a better car/deal for you.

The dealerships on the other hand have a relationship that spans decades and sells 1,000s of vehicles a year for them (and not just the most popular ones).

If it comes between keeping you happy or a dealership happy, who do you think is going to win out?

And to cut any Granger/Low Volume Special Price dealership people off at the pass, who is Ford going to keep happy, the dealership that sells few hundred vehicles a year or sells a few hundred a month. Ford's biggest problem in the whole launch for a sales/reservation perspective is they never entertained the notion that a small volume dealership would go so aggressive on a nationwide sales campaign.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is exactly what I am doing, different state. Going with a small town, multi line dealer in “pickup country”. If Ford and the dealers want to game us, game on!

DaddyMuffin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two convertibles, a station wagon, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have posted an almost identical story to this forum. I'm a 7/14 res holder with a 1/20 order placed at AutoNation. No joy in 2021.

Reupped my 1/20 order in early December and at the same time placed a new order with a smaller dealer.

Bingo - my new back of the line order with the smaller dealer is scheduled for production next month Feb 07. My original order is still waiting.

Bottom line - I agree with the original post - if you are hanging out with no love on your original order/reservation, find a different dealer and order again, especially if you can live with a "buildable" unit.

Original order: 2-door BL, Man, Non-Squatch, High
New order: 4-door BL, Man, Non-Squatch, Soft, High
Sponsored