First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been going back and forth between Squatching-out a BD (mainly for the look, TBH) and going with either the BD (if 33s are offered) or a non-squatched Badlands with the stock 33s. Came across this video today and the rational adult in me kept nodding as I watched.

Still not sure what way I'll end up going, as the reason I'll be buying a Bronco in the first place is the "YOLO" fun factor of it all, which the Sasquatch pkg plays into. Kinda like trying to justify having a membership at a private golf club - if everyone was rational NO ONE would do it, but that's missing the point.

Thought you guys might appreciate some of the points...

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never got the whole thing about buying a vehicle for looks, but maybe I'm just too practical. I don't give a rats you know what about the looks if it's not functional. Yeah, I like a certain color or scheme, but tires are about function. They are important. Doesn't matter what you've got suspension wise or under the hood if the tires don't deliver.

Get the size and type tire you need. Not what looks cool at the mall, cause no one cares.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been going back and forth between Squatching-out a BD (mainly for the look, TBH) and going with either the BD (if 33s are offered) or a non-squatched Badlands with the stock 33s. Came across this video today and the rational adult in me kept nodding as I watched.

Still not sure what way I'll end up going, as the reason I'll be buying a Bronco in the first place is the "YOLO" fun factor of it all, which the Sasquatch pkg plays into. Kinda like trying to justify having a membership at a private golf club - if everyone was rational NO ONE would do it, but that's missing the point.

Thought you guys might appreciate some of the points...

South African accents are awesome and so is that Defender 110 with solar panels on it.

OP
OP
FSUGolfPro7671
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never got the whole thing about buying a vehicle for looks, but maybe I'm just too practical. I don't give a rats you know what about the looks if it's not functional. Yeah, I like a certain color or scheme, but tires are about function. They are important. Doesn't matter what you've got suspension wise or under the hood if the tires don't deliver.

Get the size and type tire you need. Not what looks cool at the mall, cause no one cares.
I get both sides. Where one decides to draw the line in terms of the aesthetics of a vehicle is up to them and I could care less (ie if you care enough to pick a color YOU enjoy but you would NEVER pick a taller suspension with larger tires/different wheels, that's a bit hypocritical, no?) as well. That said, I think of it this way: If I woke up tomorrow and was the last person on earth, would I Squatch or not? Has nothing to do what how others view the appearance.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 side to the coin... just because you don’t care abt looks doesn’t means others shouldn’t. if looks matter to you, get whatever looks how you want.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 side to the coin... just because you don’t care abt looks doesn’t means others shouldn’t. if looks matter to you, get whatever looks how you want.

Yeah, just a lot of dangerous vehicles out there on the interstate cause people put on what looks cool instead of what's going to keep the truck on the road. I don't buy tires on looks. They are just too important.

OP
OP
FSUGolfPro7671
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, just a lot of dangerous vehicles out there on the interstate cause people put on what looks cool instead of what's going to keep the truck on the road. I don't buy tires on looks. They are just too important.
Completely agree - Any reason (honest question) going with the 35s would make the Bronco more dangerous to drive on the highway (or anywhere for that matter)? Doesn't seem like that would be a consideration, especially if it's coming from the factory that way. Very different from throwing 40s on a modded-out XJ.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get both sides. Where one decides to draw the line in terms of the aesthetics of a vehicle is up to them and I could care less (ie if you care enough to pick a color YOU enjoy but you would NEVER pick a taller suspension with larger tires/different wheels, that's a bit hypocritical, no?) as well. That said, I think of it this way: If I woke up tomorrow and was the last person on earth, would I Squatch or not? Has nothing to do what how others view the appearance.

Where did I say I don't have tall suspensions and big tires? My K5s would be insulted to hear they were little.
I said I don't do tires and lift for looks. Tires are what keep the shiny side up. I use the size and type tires I NEED, not just what looks cool. Cool doesn't help much once you lose contact. That's all I said.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Completely agree - Any reason (honest question) going with the 35s would make the Bronco more dangerous to drive on the highway (or anywhere for that matter)? Doesn't seem like that would be a consideration, especially if it's coming from the factory that way. Very different from throwing 40s on a modded-out XJ.

All depends on how and where you're driving it. There's plenty of curves on the interstate that can be dangerous at interstate speeds with a higher center of gravity and the wrong tires. Just watch the plenty of lifted Chevy trucks (why is it always Chevys?) wander around on the road, unable to stay in their lane.
Anything is potentially dangerous used outside it's intended use.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

My feeling on this is you're buying it to get the approval of others if you put looks over function. While people are looking at me in awe and i'm sitting in the cheap seats looking at the small infotainment screen and listening to the basic audio system will soon have me regretting my purchase.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FSUGolfPro7671
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All depends on how and where you're driving it. There's plenty of curves on the interstate that can be dangerous at interstate speeds with a higher center of gravity and the wrong tires. Just watch the plenty of lifted Chevy trucks (why is it always Chevys?) wander around on the road, unable to stay in their lane.
Anything is potentially dangerous used outside it's intended use.
Chevy Trucks and Mustangs account for 87% of all accidents. #science ?

And certainly not trying to put words in your mouth - I must've read your reply wrong. CG moving up WOULD create less stability in the curves, good point.

Last edited:

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get everything you want and lease it. If looks are important, then you’re likely chasing the next big thing, anyway

OP
OP
FSUGolfPro7671
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My feeling on this is you're buying it to get the approval of others if you put looks over function. While people are looking at me in awe and i'm sitting in the cheap seats looking at the small infotainment screen and listening to the basic audio system will soon have me regretting my purchase.
Agree to a point but again, you could say the same thing about choosing the color as well, no? If you ONLY chose based on function alone everyone in AZ would have a white vehicle but we don't begrudge anyone for choosing a color THEY enjoy while accusing them of seeking out the approval of others.

For me, the "look-back factor" is a consideration, not getting looks from others. I drive a Grand Cherokee that does everything well and while I enjoy it more than just about any vehicle I've owned, I certainly don't look back at it while walking away in a parking lot.

Before the GC I owned a Cadillac CTS-VSport and DID look back to admire the amazing design (my opinion) during the entire three years of ownership. It makes ownership of certain vehicles a special thing, IMO.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A car can be viewed as an outfit or dress one wears when going out. It says something about the occupant or owner.
Few people would honestly state that they don’t care what others think their dress or vehicle looks like. After all one major reason why the Bronco intro has taken off as it has is simply because of the way it looks. Now if some icing on the cake can make it look even better, why, so much the better ?

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All good points, unless you actually traverse rocky trails. You can't fake ground clearance. And once you air down, you have lost a significant amount of sidewall height. Then when you load a corner, you lose more. For my needs, I will be stuffing the biggest tire I can fit under it. Going to have to make up for some loss or articulation as well.
Sponsored