Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are doggos
20211023_143623.jpg
20211121_130629.jpg
Thanks so much for posting all the info! I have a two-door manual Badlands projected to land in my driveway in 2023 (early res, but Granger devotee). A couple of questions as it relates to your doggos... do you ride with all four pups in the back at the same time? I have two Great Danes, Chaos is 180 pounds and Havoc is 130 pounds, and I figured it'd be a tight fit. But if all four of yours can manage, that gives me hope. Also, how do you plan to secure your pups when riding topless? Looking for a solution that allows them to turn around and lay down but prevents them from jumping out. Looking forward to more pics of your beasties in the back of the Bronco!
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks so much for posting all the info! I have a two-door manual Badlands projected to land in my driveway in 2023 (early res, but Granger devotee). A couple of questions as it relates to your doggos... do you ride with all four pups in the back at the same time? I have two Great Danes, Chaos is 180 pounds and Havoc is 130 pounds, and I figured it'd be a tight fit. But if all four of yours can manage, that gives me hope. Also, how do you plan to secure your pups when riding topless? Looking for a solution that allows them to turn around and lay down but prevents them from jumping out. Looking forward to more pics of your beasties in the back of the Bronco!
I can fit all 4, but it would be tight with the entire pack. I have no problem with the 200 pounder and the 160 pounder riding together...room for both to lay down in relative comfort. No way that would happen with seats in there.

As for topless, the besttop seems plausible for window action, but hands down if you want something to hold them in in the event of anything unexpected, these folks should be making a full top off solution:

https://raingler.com/collections/ford-bronco-heavy-duty-cargo-netting

Like this for the Jeep:

https://raingler.com/products/2007-2018-jeep-wrangler-jk-2-door-net-package

I had one for my JK and it was awesome for dogs.

Last edited:

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can fit all 4, but it would be tight with the entire pack. I have no problem with the 200 pounder and the 160 pounder riding together...room for both to lay down in relative comfort. No way that would happen with seats in there.

As for topless, the besttop seems plausible for window action, but hands down if you want something to hold them in in the event of anything unexpected, these folk should be making a full top off solution:

https://raingler.com/collections/ford-bronco-heavy-duty-cargo-netting

Like this for the Jeep:

https://raingler.com/products/2007-2018-jeep-wrangler-jk-2-door-net-package

I had one for my JK and it was awesome for dogs.
Thanks! I bought a manual Wrangler JL to tool around in until my Bronco arrives, and plan on looking into the cargo netting in spring. I also plan on getting the Bestop TrekTop for the Bronco, which should be great for my road trip back to SoCal with the Danes. Thanks again for a fantastic post and pics!

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! I bought a manual Wrangler JL to tool around in until my Bronco arrives, and plan on looking into the cargo netting in spring. I also plan on getting the Bestop TrekTop for the Bronco, which should be great for my road trip back to SoCal with the Danes. Thanks again for a fantastic post and pics!
Where in SoCal?

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
San Diego. I lived there for 10 years and plan to drive back for a trip with the pups once I get my Bronco.
If you drive through the Ventura area let me know! We used to live in Encinitas...love that area...

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More pics for dog room reference...
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220123_124302
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Stealth Rear Seat Delete - my review 20220123_123505

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More pics for dog room reference...
Thanks for posting! I'll definitely have room for Chaos and Havoc in the Bronco! Looking forward to more pics as your adventure continues!

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think orders can be placed pretty quickly but there will be a bit of lag as existing kits get retrofitted and new kits are refined. Even so, I'd rather get something totally sorted out even if it means waiting longer (we'll, maybe not Bronco wait time longer, but a reasonable amount of time)...
I contacted my dealer before you got the call from GG announcing the refinement. He had said late January, early February delivery. Hope my kit is modified.

Anyway, question: I've been looking at the BuiltRight cargo panels. How much modification do you think would be required to make those fit with the GG platform? The BuiltRight panels are supposed to attach under the rear tie down locations. So there would, potentially, be clearance issues with the edge of the GG platform, and possibly conflict with the bolts both the platform and panels attach to.

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted my dealer before you got the call from GG announcing the refinement. He had said late January, early February delivery. Hope my kit is modified.

Anyway, question: I've been looking at the BuiltRight cargo panels. How much modification do you think would be required to make those fit with the GG platform? The BuiltRight panels are supposed to attach under the rear tie down locations. So there would, potentially, be clearance issues with the edge of the GG platform, and possibly conflict with the bolts both the platform and panels attach to.
These?

https://builtrightind.com/products/...MIvvDE3aLN9QIV4w-tBh1gXwK7EAQYASABEgK1kPD_BwE

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it is those it appears as though the GG panels might have to be notched at the points where the builtright panels have those tabs that appear to stabilize the molle panels. I can measure mine for reference in terms of clearance if you'd like and send a close-up pic of the gap that exists between the fascia panels and the GG edge.
Those are the ones, yes. Appreciate it. I don't have any flex in my cargo panels up against the tie downs / floor. So I'm thinking you're right, a notch would have to be made. Which is probably relatively simple...unless that leads to lineX failure.
Sponsored