First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was looking at An F-150 window sticker and this caught my eye…

1642865476944.png

Another effect of the chip shortage? Saw it on multiple F-150s. Anyone seeing this on any Broncos?
MY WT missing color matched handles and painted mirror caps should have a similar line item deducting the cost they’re saving by removing those.. the temp knobs too.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a disappointment, it looks better moved to the pillar(?), on the four door.
I like relocating it to inside the fuel fill door.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MY WT missing color matched handles and painted mirror caps should have a similar line item deducting the cost they’re saving by removing those.. the temp knobs too.
This...

And I bet that auto start/stop costs more than $50 damn dollars... That's almost insulting.

tenor.gif

Shorevet

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It not the not knowing which way to turn it. It a more than 50K vehicle, and @Ford got cheep and removed temperature display. It's not my Fault I did not get the 2021 I ordered, its @Ford fault. Just like loosing color match door handles on wildtrac .
Mostly likely the temperature display was removed from the knobs so they could reduce chips. They just added a software upgrade to the main center display.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is disappointing. So if you were lucky enough to to get a 21 build date you get the car your ordered but for everyone else you‘re forced to take downgraded options?

I understand there are changes MY to MY… however this is a unique situation where bronco res holders are being forced to swap from 21 to 22 due to Ford’s delays. There should be ZERO changes (especially downgrades).

Kudos to ford for including the sound dead headliner from all the hard top issues- they should have handled these downgrades in a similar way if they really had no option. At lease send us an email and adjust the price accordingly.
It not the not knowing which way to turn it. It a more than 50K vehicle, and @Ford got cheep and removed temperature display. It's not my Fault I did not get the 2021 I ordered, its @Ford fault. Just like loosing color match door handles on wildtrac .
Truly & very disappointed by removal of the digital temp readouts on the climate controls. Despite their move to the dash middle screen.
As others have mentioned, I am fairly confident that most of the changes are a result of supply shortages and bottelnecks in the system. I am happy that Ford has made changes in order to get our Broncos built and delivered. I can live with the tweaks and happily take delivery this year instead of waiting another year for my Bronco.
Mostly likely the temperature display was removed from the knobs so they could reduce chips. They just added a software upgrade to the main center display.
This post from another thread provides an explanation about the climate control changes…

Let me break down the added cost to you as a customer if we continued to purchase the temperature displaying knobs from our supplier, which has gone up 350% per piece let alone shipping increases and lead times like crazy.

Your vehicle if equipped with dual zone would cost an added $950. Now because we do value customer service we compromised so that you didn’t accrue this.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

D) If you can't figure out that up is faster, down is slower after the first time you've used it then you shouldn't be driving a car
Like a gas pedal?
wait, I'm confused now....

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok I chose the Wildtrak because I liked the exterior options of the Outer Banks (body color handles and painted mirrors) but the interior color of the Wildtrak…… now they have gone cheap and cut the body color handles. So how do we get a price from Ford to replace the handles? Can you just order them in the correct color? Anyone have any idea if that’s possible or what it would cost?

OP
OP
Kameronatm

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You need to look at your window sticker it will say how many hooks you should have … mine changed when it went to QC from two to one tow hook rear
Inbound WT only has one…… as does my daughters BB. Definitely disappointed by the temp knobs.
Ford Bronco MY2022 vs MY2021 Bronco Changes - Full List 01D6DD66-F328-4E5A-80E8-D88C3C21F12D

Ford Bronco MY2022 vs MY2021 Bronco Changes - Full List 26C203EC-1657-4B7C-88E3-45D483BFF9E4

8421dave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Sequoia, 20 Volvo S60, 62 Impala Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is an original press release file from 2020. The 2021 should include a panhard rod. I suspect that Ford came to the conclusion that on-road stability was more important than ultimate flex off-road.

Ford Bronco MY2022 vs MY2021 Bronco Changes - Full List 26C203EC-1657-4B7C-88E3-45D483BFF9E4
The Panhard bar is essential to keep the rearend assembly centered under the vehicle.
The rear sway bar is not essential but likely so Squatch broncos can be fitted with roof racks.
2021 4d Squatch anything could not be ordered with racks. ☹

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have also noticed that you cannot order lux package on badlands anymore (2022) and I understand but I am glad mine has the lux package and I think you should still have a choice.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current daily driver (Jeep Grand Cherokee) has the temp settings on the screen and it's never been an issue with me. I actually like it up higher on the screen instead of the dials down low.

20220122_170825.jpeg