Sponsored

Base Base Good Enough for Sand/Beach Driving?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

I don’t do a lot of off road driving, mostly light trails. Anyway….

I’m just wondering if the Base Base is enough to conquer some light trails, beach driving, and a bit of snow?

I will probably add some bigger tires at some point.

Thank you.
Sponsored

T-roy

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is what I am doing with mine, minus the beach, I think for 90% of Bronco owners a base is enough. Unless you need the kitchen sink and the opportunity to complain you're not getting your ultra plush mall rated cruiser with all the whistles and bells. Took 3 months to get my base, and I love it. what was the question?

my base 2.jpg

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "base base" has P255/70R16 All-Season (A/S) Tires, those probably aren't the best, so expect to at least have to upgrade tires.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Absolutely, maybe throw some better tires on there, but it's just fine for that otherwise.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Australia I had a Suzuki Sierra (Samurai here in N. America) with a 1.3l 4-banger and street tires.

I took that thing everywhere, and did a lot of miles on beaches and in the dunes. It’s biggest flaw was no power - I couldn’t get over some of the dunes because of this and had to get towed onto the beach once because I couldn’t get enough of a run at the barrier dunes to clear them. Other than that, that carbureted, distibutor-controlled little off-roader was as rugged as they get.

You’ll have no trouble with the base, IMO.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, it will be fine, just air down your tires for sand, 20ish will be good. I've run my Grand Cherokee and previous Honda Pilot on the OBX beaches with zero issues as well as an old 2 wheel drive Ranger in Daytona. Keep your revs up and have a plan on where you're going, watch for holes where people got stuck and dug out their cars, they can sneak up on you.

Enjoy!!

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes - I have the base/base - I followed a jeep rubicon and another sas bronco through trails and I kept up and led the way through many obstacles.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are plenty of 33 badlands takeoffs and jeep 33 takeoffs that are cheap to buy.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello All,

I don’t do a lot of off road driving, mostly light trails. Anyway….

I’m just wondering if the Base Base is enough to conquer some light trails, beach driving, and a bit of snow?

I will probably add some bigger tires at some point.

Thank you.
Like T-roy says, definitely. It will do more than you think. All the other trims up to Wildtrack and Badlands are virtually the same with comfort options, suspension identical.

Just be sure to add any option you might want at purchase as it may be more expensive/difficult/impossible to add them later. I really wish I had gotten the roof rails, mod bumper with skid plates, etc. Note that these may slow your build down.

That being said, I drove it to California from Nashville and never see myself driving anything else. (Ok, maybe a Badlands one day, but you get the picture.)

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Stripper Base is fine for beach driving and a surprising level of off-road. Basically anything that doesn't require a lot of ground clearance and traction. Sandy beaches shouldn't be a problem at all, even with the stock tires if you air them down. But I'd suggest looking for a taller, wider tire just for better floatation and to gain some extra ground clearance. If you're wondering how far you can push it on stock tires and then with bigger tires, check out my youtube channel (link in sig).

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is what I am doing with mine, minus the beach, I think for 90% of Bronco owners a base is enough. Unless you need the kitchen sink and the opportunity to complain you're not getting your ultra plush mall rated cruiser with all the whistles and bells. Took 3 months to get my base, and I love it. what was the question?

Ford Bronco Base Base Good Enough for Sand/Beach Driving? my base 2
I think you answered it. 😅 Look’s nice. I have a BD on order, but have been a Base fan from the start. Decisions!

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely, maybe throw some better tires on there, but it's just fine for that otherwise.
I think that’s what I’ll do if I decide on the Base. Thank you.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In Australia I had a Suzuki Sierra (Samurai here in N. America) with a 1.3l 4-banger and street tires.

I took that thing everywhere, and did a lot of miles on beaches and in the dunes. It’s biggest flaw was no power - I couldn’t get over some of the dunes because of this and had to get towed onto the beach once because I couldn’t get enough of a run at the barrier dunes to clear them. Other than that, that carbureted, distibutor-controlled little off-roader was as rugged as they get.

You’ll have no trouble with the base, IMO.
Those old Samurai are cool.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, it will be fine, just air down your tires for sand, 20ish will be good. I've run my Grand Cherokee and previous Honda Pilot on the OBX beaches with zero issues as well as an old 2 wheel drive Ranger in Daytona. Keep your revs up and have a plan on where you're going, watch for holes where people got stuck and dug out their cars, they can sneak up on you.

Enjoy!!
OBX is where I’ll be.
Sponsored