First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say yes to Eco mode. Maybe it helps get a little better gas mileage on the day-to-day driving. It's not like Eco mode is taking a spot away from another mode.

I don't get why some modes aren't available. There's no mention that getting Sasquatch adds Rock Crawl, which in my mind, it should on any trim that didn't already have it. Likewise, what parts or accessories are required for Baja? It seems like it's the upgraded axles based on the specs of each trim.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

False dichotomy. Baja is obviously a special mode that was always going to require a higher trim. And I'm sure eco mode is on there to establish EPA ratings, so it's effectively mandatory.
Exactly this. It's for EPA reasons.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd rather have Baja.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford.com also says the First Edition - which you'd think would have every possible option - also does not have Sport mode. That leads me to believe they designed the software to only allow 7 modes on a given model.
The First Edition is essentially a Badlands with Sasquatch and a few other options, so it makes sense that if the Badlands doesn't have Sport, neither would FE.

You may be right that Ford planned to only offer a max of 7 modes, but the real question is why. If it's just a software thing, then it's essentially arbitrary, as it seems like writing software to support 8 modes wouldn't be any more challenging than 7. In that case it was probably a marketing decision to not offer ALL modes on any trim.

It would make more sense if it was due to Sport not being supported with certain gearing, since the Badlands defaults to larger tires and suspension. But that raises the question of if Sport is available in other trims if they have Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had two trucks with custom "economy" tunes and all they did was make the trucks more sluggish. Absolutely no mpg gain for me. Hard pass.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you spelled ECO mode wrong. I think it's spelled PRIUS.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, on the 7-speed, is ECO mode letting off the gas? ?

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

pretty simple question, does anyone want ECO mode. If we can get rid of them would allow something like Baja in all models

if you vote yes you want ECO mode I'm curious why
Pretty sure itā€™s just software and they could easily add Baja if they wanted... but they want you to pay to upgrade models.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, on the 7-speed, is ECO mode letting off the gas? ?
On the Mustang (manual) the modes make the throttle twitchier, so less travel to get more gas. So Iā€™d assume Eco mode just makes it so you have to floor it to get any kind of acceleration.

BunkieDuster69

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 3.6 OB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) SUV sales continue-to rise as 11 of 14 of auto makers have reduced emissions and increased mpg immensely over the past five years...marketing teams have noticed.
Eco mode = marketing... when the numbers are released, est mpg at the high end for all trim models ( of this SUV) will be based off eco mode conservative fuel expenditure.

Most on this forum arenā€™t buying for optimum mileage; however, there are those potential buyers (or their spouse) who would scoff at poor average mileage est. - posing a percentage in lost interest/ sales.

2) The bigger picture: Ford Motor Company needs to protect the overall company average emissions output / fuel consumption to meet fuel efficiency standards . If they gave us all the option to omit eco mode, very few units would roll off showroom floor with Broncos listed max mpg rating per Powertrain.

.... would not be of great concern for a limited production vehicle for say- FE.... full circle to marketing: since FE has it , it must be good ( reverse decoy marketing).

ā€Eco Modeā€ for a Raptor model .....should only be the description and label placed during R&D on that dash board mounted Red Button.

Ford Bronco Does anyone want ECO mode D1196148-26E7-4AB3-B4A4-CEBB31781F32

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonsBronc

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
wow I am shocked, I thought I would see 5% who wanted a ECO mode. I figured 95% would want performance modes not a mode that kills power. I don't know why the Badlands and FE don't have a sport mode. To me Sport is the most important mode, if I can't get sport mode I won't buy one

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone who is blasting Eco mode ever driven a car with drive modes?!

Bronco most likely will start in Eco mode for emissions and weā€™ll have to toggle to Normal or Sport at start up. Youā€™ll get used to it.

I donā€™t normally use the Eco mode in my previous or current vehicles, but Iā€™m glad itā€™s there when i do!
Sponsored