Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes same color. Both share the paint code of NE.
They may share the first two letters of a color code, but frankly, in reviewing pics of the two vehicles in various lighting, I do not believe they are the same final result. Either by a tinted clear or some other function, these two vehicles are not appearing the same IMHO.
Sponsored

CVOKEITH

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC90 R Design Volvo 2020
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You had to show me the video, now I want a Mach 1 Mustang to match my Bronco. Dang that's one sweet stang.
Pretty sure Cactus and Jet Fighter are the same color. I'm all in on the Cactus Gray after watching Mach 1 video, thanks for the share.
They are a limited number also,,,,like your FE

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking I’d have to have the white top. But now I’m really leaning towards the body colored top for my 2 door badlands.

Planning to do a retro white stripe on it for a bit of personality.

3F1EF0D1-35F8-486A-B145-B4AA9EF6F4A3.png

1E3D49CF-F557-4393-ACBC-FB4CFA99C4E9.jpeg
If you are putting on a vinyl stripe just know that over time the sun will permantley cook the stripe into the paint so if you go to remove the stripe you will still have a stripe image cooler into the paint.

Grabow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota announced 2021 TRD Pro models will feature a new paint color - "Lunar Rock". A little copy catting going on? (https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33233678/2021-toyota-4runner-trd-pro-new-color-wheels-revealed/)
2021-toyota-trd-model-108-1594132062.jpg
The Rav4 a couple of pages back (with the white roof) is also Lunar Rock. My wife's Rav4 is the same exact color combo. I've been meaning to post some pictures here because I'm assuming Lunar Rock is very close to Cactus Gray. Though I think CG is probably a little bit lighter color.
Wife's Lunar Rock Toyota is a 2019, so if there's any copy catting going on, it wasn't Toyota.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did a little digging, here are all the paints that Ford has used throughout the years that use the code "NE", note that I will also link the 2020 and 2021 color code chart for Ford, the 2021 chart is very small at this point as a color must make it through ordering and be cataloged as final so body shops can make the color. If it isn't listed (such as Jet Fighter Grey) that just means that the code hasn't gone through this process, not that the color wont be made.

All Paints Ford has used with color code "NE"

2021 model year color chart for Ford (as of 8/6/20)

2020 model year Ford color chart (complete as of this posting)

**Update**

Found out that the name "Cactus Grey" was also used for a color by Pontiac in 1934, and that is the only other recorded use of that paint name by a auto manufacturer.

Cactus Grey paint history

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s cactus grey.. is this a trick question or are you serious?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lol
It looks more green in that pic. Other Cactus Grays look to have more of a bluish tint.

it’s just me lol
Real world pics show a hint of green.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 20B1B34B-4B63-4E75-9C55-036B5B46A286