First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Talked to my dealer this morning after clicking ā€œIā€™m interestedā€ on the email.

Iā€™m a day 1, hour 1 reservation holder, first in line out of 40 or so allocations as of June ā€˜21 who is waiting out for a white MOD top or Heritage if itā€™s not too expensive.

I have no vested interest in the Raptor, even if I didnā€™t think it was ugly, I hate the flashiness of it and what it says about me... that being said, Iā€™d be stupid to not take advantage of this potential opportunity.

The sales manager will give me $15k (in writing) towards a Bronco of my choice, ordered through them, if I sign away my rights to this Bronco Raptor to them. If I want, say a 2023 Heritage though, and Ford plans to honor previous reservations like they did with the Raptor, this puts me at the back of the line. Iā€™ve waited 23 years for a new Bronco after falling in love with Broncos and buying a rusted out 1974 wagon for $5k in 1999 and spending my 20ā€™s snd early 30ā€™s restoring it.

I only make about $55k a year and canā€™t afford payments on the Raptor model.

Should I take this deal?

alternatively, I could borrow downpayment $ from a family member, along with my ~$10k I have saved up in order to get the payments down to an affordable level (would still have high insurance, no?) and purchase the Raptor and gamble on re-selling it after a year.

Iā€™d put almost no miles on it by keeping it mothballed in my garage, so that I could potentially make way more than $15k depending on taxes and ADM and paying back my family member (with interest), wherein I could potentially pay for a new (2024) Bronco outright with the windfall.

I donā€™t plan to have this Bronco as my primary vehicle, the new one for me is for weekends, family vacations and things I canā€™t do/donā€™t want to do with my early Bronco. What would you do if you were me?
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to my dealer this morning after clicking ā€œIā€™m interestedā€ on the email.

Iā€™m a day 1, hour 1 reservation holder, first in line out of 40 or so allocations as of June ā€˜21 who is waiting out for a white MOD top or Heritage if itā€™s not too expensive.

I have no vested interest in the Raptor, even if I didnā€™t think it was ugly, I hate the flashiness of it and what it says about me... that being said, Iā€™d be stupid to not take advantage of this potential opportunity.

The sales manager will give me $15k (in writing) towards a Bronco of my choice, ordered through them, if I sign away my rights to this Bronco Raptor to them. If I want, say a 2023 Heritage though, and Ford plans to honor previous reservations like they did with the Raptor, this puts me at the back of the line. Iā€™ve waited 23 years for a new Bronco after falling in love with Broncos and buying a rusted out 1974 wagon for $5k in 1999 and spending my 20ā€™s snd early 30ā€™s restoring it.

Should I take this deal?

alternatively, I could borrow downpayment $ from a family member, along with my ~$10k I have saved up in order to get the payments down to an affordable level (would still have high insurance, no?) and purchase the Raptor and gamble on re-selling it after a year.

Iā€™d put almost no miles on it by keeping it mothballed in my garage, so that I could potentially make way more than $15k depending on taxes and ADM and paying back my family member (with interest), wherein I could potentially pay for a new (2024) Bronco outright with the windfall.

I donā€™t plan to have this Bronco as my primary vehicle, the new one for me is for weekends, family vacations and things I canā€™t do/donā€™t want to do with my early Bronco. What would you do if you were me?
You're being a lot honest here, so I applaud you for that. I, like you, don't want or need a Raptor, and my dealer has already emailed me as well although no details discussed thus far.

With your current salary $15K is a lot to turn down. However, I caution that what your dealer has said may not go as smoothly. You'll be dealing with a very shady market here. Not only the dealership, but the potential customer who'll pay a ton for this douche bag trophy. They'll con you out of it and your next allocation one way or the other. You really can't afford to take on the rich; far too much stacked in their favor.

I"m not insulting you, so please don't misinterpret, I just want you to go into this eyes wide open. Dangling $15K in your face isn't fair. Sure, they'll figure out a way to get this to you in theory, but doubt in cash and likely in the form of a credit for a future purchase. This is a bad deal, as that Raptor will be gone immediately.

You've waited a long time, as have I and others. I won't judge you on your decision and i do get it. Just think hard about what could also go wrong here and be prepared to live with what you decide. Good luck!

Last edited:

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What a BEAST! Kudos to the engineering and design departments.

I absolutely love video of Shelby Hall running it in the desert.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry, but that is one, butt ugly truck.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Should I take this deal?

That second option is a very bad and risky financial decision.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, is this officially wider than a bronco or is this just accounting for the flares? Are they the same size?

OJ Simpson

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so, is this officially wider than a bronco or is this just accounting for the flares? Are they the same size?
Yes, they went the cheap route. Giant Dumbo plastic flares instead of wider fenders and smaller flares. If they had gone the route of the F-150 Raptor it would have turned out quite a bit better aesthetically than it has.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, they went the cheap route. Giant Dumbo plastic flares instead of wider fenders and smaller flares. If they had gone the route of the F-150 Raptor it would have turned out quite a bit better aesthetically than it has.
So the frame and body are exact same dimensions? I'm just surprised its not an actual wider body and frame...

Shodax

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So from what I've read it says that the majority unfulfilled 2022 Reservation holders will have 1st chance at the new Bronco Raptor, which is good news for those Reservation holders that want to upgrade. However, that's bad news for those of us, who would love to upgrade, but already received our Bronco's. I have an upgraded / modified OBX in Velocity Blue that I love, but I would absolutely consider a Raptor if I could have a chance at it...

Does anyone out there know if there is any chance for those of us who currently have their Bronco, if they could also have the ability to upgrade to a Raptor?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you can't have 2 different size frames going down the same line at the factory

BTW .. F150 and F150 Raptor (reinforced at high stress areas) have the same size frame.

So the frame and body are exact same dimensions? I'm just surprised its not an actual wider body and frame...

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really would love to have running boards like those for my 2DR. Hoping the aftermarket will duplicate them for the 2 Door. Anyone know if anything like that is already out there?

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Colors been announced for raptor or is orange the only new color?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cabin/frame is not wider, but the vehicle's track is wider.

This is just factually incorrect. The fenders ARE wider AND has wider flares.

And as I said countless times on various Raptor spy shot threads, they are/were limited by how much they could flare the fenders by the interaction of the rear door with the fender, and they weren't making unique doors for Raptor.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really would love to have running boards like those for my 2DR. Hoping the aftermarket will duplicate them for the 2 Door. Anyone know if anything like that is already out there?
Those boards are just bolt on flailed steps to the current body mounted rails. I'm sure there are alternatives.

In fact, Next Venture out of Colorado make a decent match already and I'm sure that design will be copied, but the Raptor steps are too wide for the standard Bronco.
Sponsored