88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Am I the only one that watches the videos and think "meh"? Kind of just looks like a slightly less capable Jeep.
Nope. Seeing in the 1st vid that wheel droop a whole 3-4 inches from its normal ride height when fully suspended in the air made me cringe... Basing this on the tire sidewall being 8" (33-17 = 16 / 2 = 8), and having roughly that same space at full droop between the top of the tire and wheel well...

I knew it would be hanging those tires a lot, but as long as you got lockers and a tire on the ground you can make it. AWESOME VIDs !!!
Doesn't take much more than a rock with a bit of a lip to stop a crossmember dead in its tracks if you're dragging like that 1st vid was when the tire was hanging...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

in the first two videos when they're climbing up i was like, i can't believe any car can do stuff like this!! and then they had to go down the other side ?
to me that looked like it was a say-a-prayer-and-go kind of moment ?

no i haven't watched offroading videos before the bronco so yes it all feels very dramatic

Best roller coaster ride money can buy !!

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As has been discussed, we have known that Bronco will not be as capable in the rocks as a wrangler rubicon stock vs stock purely due to the IFS. What we haven’t seen is how close to the Jeep it will be, which IMO these videos shows it to be pretty darn close to a rubicon. But if it does indeed drive way better, does better at speed and washboarded roads... that’s gonna be a huge advantage.

35” tires will be a double edge sword. The ability to air down more and additional traction/ground clearance provided will of course be a big advantage. However, Sasquatch broncos are limited in articulation. Hence why these guys were running the 33’s.
Where did you hear that is why they were running 33s? I get that articulation is a tiny bit less on the Sasquatch to ensure the 35 doesn’t hit the wheel well...but the extra diameter of a 35 has more advantages in the rocks over a 33 than that little bit of articulation...and will be the best stock rock crawler of the two...IMO. My bet is they wanted to show they could run the entire trail even on 33s / stock badlands with no Sas.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one that watches the videos and think "meh"? Kind of just looks like a slightly less capable Jeep.
As has been discussed, we have known that Bronco will not be as capable in the rocks as a wrangler rubicon stock vs stock purely due to the IFS. What we haven’t seen is how close to the Jeep it will be, which IMO these videos shows it to be pretty darn close to a rubicon. But if it does indeed drive way better, does better at speed and washboarded roads... that’s gonna be a huge advantage.

35” tires will be a double edge sword. The ability to air down more and additional traction/ground clearance provided will of course be a big advantage. However, Sasquatch broncos are limited in articulation. Hence why these guys were running the 33’s.
I wouldn't make assumptions about why they were on 33s. Makes just as much sense that they were using 33s because they thought it would be too easy on 35s. Or were just trying to prove a Badlands without 35s is still as good as a Wrangler Rubi. The positives of bigger tires should override the negatives of slightly less articulation in most off road situations.

Sponsored

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outstanding! That's what I'm talking about! never back down. Damn right, not sure if it was the same trail as the first video but let me tell ya.. that's what I want to see, almost same level of difficulty and Ford Forged through. Outstanding. We're Bronco people, we don't run from a challenge we go through it.

Ok sorry, I promised some of the peeps on here I sound too much like Hulk Hogan. Let me say it another way then.. "I am very pleased with the recent results shown in this video and do hope for further entertaining videos going forward..."

Ah the hell with it!!! Go BRONCO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!