Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was impressed considering it's stock IFS on 33's. For some of us, off-road use is much MUCH more than just going 0.2 MPH over giant rock gardens.
Sponsored

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As has been discussed, we have known that Bronco will not be as capable in the rocks as a wrangler rubicon stock vs stock purely due to the IFS. What we havenā€™t seen is how close to the Jeep it will be, which IMO these videos shows it to be pretty darn close to a rubicon. But if it does indeed drive way better, does better at speed and washboarded roads... thatā€™s gonna be a huge advantage.

35ā€ tires will be a double edge sword. The ability to air down more and additional traction/ground clearance provided will of course be a big advantage. However, Sasquatch broncos are limited in articulation. Hence why these guys were running the 33ā€™s.
Exactly. Iā€™m glad they went with IFS because Iā€™m never taking my 45k bronco on the rubicon on any similarly treacherous trail, neither are 95% of people. Give me a better ride quality around town and plenty ability to hit the Soft trails as a weekend warrior. I love Jeeps but as a daily driver and not a dedicated rock crawler, the Bronco seems like a better middle ground.

Donā€™t you call me a mall crawler! Maybe a camp crawler?

Last edited:

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great videos! I thought it would be another week or two before we saw more!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Outstanding! That's what I'm talking about! never back down. Damn right, not sure if it was the same trail as the first video but let me tell ya.. that's what I want to see, almost same level of difficulty and Ford Forged through. Outstanding. We're Bronco people, we don't run from a challenge we go through it.

Ok sorry, I promised some of the peeps on here I sound too much like Hulk Hogan. Let me say it another way then.. "I am very pleased with the recent results shown in this video and do hope for further entertaining videos going forward..."

Ah the hell with it!!! Go BRONCO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Outstanding! That's what I'm talking about! never back down. Damn right, not sure if it was the same trail as the first video but let me tell ya.. that's what I want to see, almost same level of difficulty and Ford Forged through. Outstanding. We're Bronco people, we don't run from a challenge we go through it.

Ok sorry, I promised some of the peeps on here I sound too much like Hulk Hogan. Let me say it another way then.. "I am very pleased with the recent results shown in this video and do hope for further entertaining videos going forward..."

Ah the hell with it!!! Go BRONCO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew you'd be fired up to see that third video

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think a MT badlands maybe what I need vs a BD. Nice to see that they had a video of a MT Bronco.

I will rig up my own front dig.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will that still happen once they reach full swing production?
Just part of crawling. You want the plates to take the abuse so the chassis doesnā€™t. Basically a consumable. I havenā€™t seen pictures of them but Iā€™m sure the factory stuff will have to be replaced with aftermarket pretty quickly for anyone who actually is going to wheel theirs.
Not dogging them by any means. It would make no sense for a manufacturer to build something that stout when 90% of the buyers wonā€™t need them.
Love that Ford is willing to show this stuff in the open and not just putting a trail ready badge on it and telling everyone to just trust them. Similar to when they ran the raptor as a class 8 in Baja. They do their homework.

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. Iā€™m glad they went with IFS because Iā€™m never taking my 45k bronco on the rubicon on any similarly treacherous trail, neither are 95% of people. Give me a better ride quality around town and plenty ability to hit the Soft trailsas a weekend warrior. I love Jeeps but as a daily driver and not a rock crawler the Bronco seems like a better middle ground. Not a mall crawler but maybe a camp crawler?
Absolutely agree. My whole point from previous posts was this premise... like that old cliche saying... "Not that you would... but you could" and you know what, in my mind they answered that question. that way when I'm driving my badlands with sasquatch with Lux package, I can look at that hill and say... "Yeah.. if I wanted... I can take'em" you know what I mean guys?

Sponsored

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel there is a slight dig (in the 1st post) at that other forum with their recent 'exclusives'.
I'm here for it!

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know Iā€™m not in a position to risk banging up a brand new $40k+ truck but you gotta give it to em for taking a shot at Jeepā€™s stronghold.

Itā€™s prob never gonna be a good as the Wrangler at rock crawling but clearly it can hang and will be better than Jeep at the other 95% of the things people use cars for.
Sponsored