Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watched the video yesterday, one of the better videos @TFLtruck has done for sure.

The first interview largely the usual marketing-ish stuff that you would probably expect. Nothing too exciting and nothing that the obsessed among us wouldn't have already learned through other sources of information.

But the interview with the engineer (starts at 25:15) was really good.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@3:50 - Fender flares are removable on Raptor. Be curious to see what is under there.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@8:33 - Reason for extra support for spare tire hanger. Makes me wonder. If 35s are maxing out the standard design, are sagging tailgates in Sasquatch's future?

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@8:33 - Reason for extra support for spare tire hanger. Makes me wonder. If 35s are maxing out the standard design, are sagging tailgates in Sasquatch's future?
I would say definitely if they went with aftermarket tires of equal or larger size.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad that they noticed and acknowledge that the tires are throwing rocks everywhere on the body...

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
carry it out a step further; If a C range tire in 35 is close to maxing it out, what happens when people start putting E range 33's and 35's that weigh 15 lbs more on it?

Going to be a lot of sagging tailgates, you have always seen them sagging under the Sasquatch tire in just about every picture (the top of the tailgate is down compared to the quarter panel.) Or folks leaning on the open door...

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
carry it out a step further; If a C range tire in 35 is close to maxing it out, what happens when people start putting E range 33's and 35's that weigh 15 lbs more on it?

Going to be a lot of sagging tailgates, you have always seen them sagging under the Sasquatch tire in just about every picture (the top of the tailgate is down compared to the quarter panel.) Or folks leaning on the open door...
That tailgate table isn't looking so hot now. :LOL:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
excellent point. I plan to run Forged wheels in my Wildtrak and Warthog to lighten up the wheel/tire combo

I run forged wheels on my 2021 Raptor now (on the left below). They weigh 20.6 pounds. Raptor Beadlock wheels are like 31 pounds.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Technical Deep Dive with Ford Performance Engineering Manager 1643223783758

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also of note is the beefed-up suspension connection points on the frame. That guy trying to run 37s adjacent to the LiteBrite team might want to take notice before he wrecks his frame.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TFL has really stepped it up by going 20 years into the future and interviewing Loren Healy after he moves into management at Ford!

That's hilarious they had to create a special bracket to make it fit down the line at MAP :LOL:

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fingers crossed, and may my lucky stars align.🤞

Braaap

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
The good technical deep dive begins about 25 minutes in.

Thank you, that was a very informative video. Loads of info to help me understand the amount of technology that went into the making of the Bronco Raptor. The bat wing flares are growing on me as well, may even get bigger air with them.

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my dreams of raptor-swapping my basesquatch will be limited...if at all possible.
Sponsored