Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife has a 1st year 2016 Honda Pilot, no issues. I have a 1st year 2019 GMC AT4, no issues. Don't worry it will be fine. The upside is you have the current gen longer.
Sponsored

Bronkytonkman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC AT4 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has a 1st year 2016 Honda Pilot, no issues. I have a 1st year 2019 GMC AT4, no issues. Don't worry it will be fine. The upside is you have the current gen longer.
I have one of the first 3 AT4's in Ontario, Canada. It has been great compared to the last 2 uber expensive GM trucks ive had but this thing has had some serious issues including complete brake failure (electronics), horrible rotors, door trim, engine noise, etc. I'm glad i leased this one but as GM stupid as I am I might actually get into a 2500HD AT4 now that they have arrived.

OP
OP
truth2ak

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plans are to keep the Bronco indefinitely... I had a 1976 until about 15 years ago.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In twenty years, I’ve own two cars, both bought new. Both first model years. No issues with either.

Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too, but I was worried their might not be a second year if the Federal Government brings back all those EPA laws for average MPG. Was supposed to be 30 already and 50 by like 2024 if I recall?

So I want to get mine before they go away.

Not that worried though as I bought a 1993 Grand Cherokee, it had 20 issues in year 9 months and then 2 in next 20 years (gave it to my mom after the 9 months). Usually first year models have a lot of issues up front then they same as rest.

ChiBronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bought a 1st MY CRV in 2017. Took it in for the first oil change and was told it had a major oil leak. They “fixed it” with “Honda bond”. (Yes...I thought they were making it up but “Honda bond” is a real thing) Then I noticed the oil started slowly increasing each week and smelled like gas. Turns out it had the well publicized turbo oil dilution issue. (Which my dealer supposedly had not heard of, and claimed it was normal.) Anyways, swore I would never buy a 1st MY again, but I have a FE and Badlands reserved...

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First year unreliability is a myth.

" Data on the topic tends to support this conclusion. J.D. Power’s Vehicle Dependability Study often ranks first-year models at or near the top of their segments for 3-year dependability. On average, the last few Vehicle Dependability studies prove that first-year models don’t fare any better or worse than their longer-running rivals. "

https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/buying-a-car-should-i-avoid-the-first-model-year-213442#:~:text=On average, the last few,re going to be subpar.

OP
OP
truth2ak

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too, but I was worried their might not be a second year if the Federal Government brings back all those EPA laws for average MPG. Was supposed to be 30 already and 50 by like 2024 if I recall?

So I want to get mine before they go away.

Not that worried though as I bought a 1993 Grand Cherokee, it had 20 issues in year 9 months and then 2 in next 20 years (gave it to my mom after the 9 months). Usually first year models have a lot of issues up front then they same as rest.
That EPA stuff was all under the previous administration... Another four years should ensure that not be the case. For a while anyway,

Sponsored

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
Smiles per year > Savings per year

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That EPA stuff was all under the previous administration... Another four years should ensure that not be the case. For a while anyway,
The fuel mileage for manufacturers are done at the fleet level, and the big three don't have any problem with the targets anyway. Look at the recent agreement CA made. If it forces Ford to ensure I get good mileage in my Bronco I won't complain.

Goetzsome

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am kind of second guessing my decision to reserve a Bronco because I broke my own rule. I never buy the first year anything comes out. If there is going to be bugs it will be the first in the 3 years.
Thats why I was going to lease it, if possible.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not anything that’s been done intentionally, but I’ve only bought the 1st model year of vehicles.