Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I would guess not necessarily so, but likely? We're only talking 7000 units after all. But at the same time, Ford would need to iron out production issues with running different trims down the same line..?
Thoughts?
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's anyone's guess, but to me, First Edition means first out the door. Maybe not all 7,000 (now that they doubled those), but maybe the original 3,500, then a chunk of other models before they get around to the other 3,500. Depending on how well initial production goes, 3,500 might require 3 or 4 weeks to produce.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

(my theory is) It's got all the special bits of every other model to allow them to iron all of that out with 7,000 "first articles" but at the same time ... I doubt they're going to build and deliver exactly 7,000 FEs before they start building other models.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally (and if history of other First/Launch Editions is any guideline) Ford will treat it like any other trim level and build it accordingly: this week Badlands/Widtrak next week FE and Base or however they decide to do it.
The First Edition just happens to have all the good stuff (interior color choice aside..) in one package.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It doesn’t matter the order they build them, as long as mine is first. ?

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree but I also know Jeep didn't put out their "launch edition" of the gladiator first. Or at least not all of them. I'll also echo the who knows statement. Haha

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
NO ... Ford makes 45K F150s each month and runs different trims on the same line and even throw in a Raptor or 2 and there are no issues.

Making 200K broncos a year will take very little effort.

Ford would need to iron out production issues with running different trims down the same line..?
Thoughts?

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All 7000 are reveal night reservations. They didn't sell another 3500 after reveal night. They oversold on reveal night before they managed to shut it down.
Where did you hear that? I didn't hear Ford mention extending the FE to 7,000 for a couple of days later and it seemed that "the lines were open" for ordering for at least a little while. Keeping track of how many FE orders is something a first-year programmer could do on their second day of coding.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where did you hear that? I didn't hear Ford mention extending the FE to 7,000 for a couple of days later and it seemed that "the lines were open" for ordering for at least a little while. Keeping track of how many FE orders is something a first-year programmer could do on their second day of coding.
They didn't open orders back up. They sent out an email saying they would do 7000 due to demand. In that very same email, they explicitly said reservations were full.
In other words, it was strictly damage control vs telling a bunch of people hey we know you reserved one but we had interns in charge of the reveal and oversold them. You were number 3543 you don't get one sorry.

There's an entire thread on it here somewhere

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I say they build all 7k First Editions now so the rest of us who reserved in the first 24 hours can move up 7,000 spots and actually get ours in the Spring. Give the FE folks theirs since they paid $60+ LMAO

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems like Ford could learn from the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition debacle. They should definitely deliver the FEs first. Do not know if they will, but they should.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I say they build all 7k First Editions now so the rest of us who reserved in the first 24 hours can move up 7,000 spots and actually get ours in the Spring. Give the FE folks theirs since they paid $60+ LMAO
People who pay $60k for the FE will have less of a problem with it than you seem to. ;)

To the overall thread... I believe Ford specifically said the FE would be built first and the theory is that is why there are only 4 colors and 1 interior option. To pump them out fast.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe the guy was still on his day 1? LOL
Sponsored