BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So made a few graphs to illustrate when you MIGHT expect YOUR bronco to be built based on when you ordered.
using numbers from how many reservations were made and assuming 70% order rate. Comparing that to production numbers which (fingers crossed) have been hovering around 10k units per month for the last 3 months.

so baring any further delays heres what i got .

first orders by day of reservation (first 30 days)
Ford Bronco Estimated Build Date Graph 6E288ACD-CAA3-419A-831E-0495A94EF00F

so as you can see the VAST majority of reservations were the first 24hrs after it went live. So if you reserved yours in that first day. Your in that group. Then a steady decline from there.
Total orders is (roughly) 140,000 units. Cant find any GOOD data on it. But roughly 70k of those were reserved in the first 24 hours or half the total.

now production numbers. (Will be updated Monthly)

View attachment 254714
so based on this data. If you reserved yours within the first 24 hours and HAVENT gotten yours yet, baring any more hiccups, you SHOULD get it by April? Maybe later. Again guestimations. Then if you reserved it in the first week, you should see it by July. Then within the first 30 days you should see it by September. Then if you have an order AT ALL (including if you made it today) you should see it by the end of the year. (By which point there SHOULD be about 175,000 built)

i know thats a LONG time meaning some people will be waiting 24+ months from the time of reservation to delivery. But thats what happens when you have the hottest vehicle in 30 years mixed with a global supply chain issue.

it is important to note that some options may take longer to build than others like
Hardtop vs soft top, 2 door vs 4 door, towing packages etc.

this is just for a rough time line of how long your vehicle MAY take
That’s good information and all but I dont think it factors in Micro chip holds. Mine was built 2 weeks ago and is still there on a chip hold. Dirt mountain all over again

Booback

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xxx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two reactions:
1. where is the reservation date data coming from?
2. I think the major flaw in your projection is the assumption that the builds are being made in order of reservations.. I'm not sure anyone fully understands what is happening in the black box analysis that is producing build dates for specific orders, but it is clear that reservation time stamp is not the single determining variable (or possibly even the most significant one - see the countless threads discussing dealer allocations, changing commodity constraints, etc)
They are not being built in order of reservations and allocations remain a fundamental driver, added after the fact by @Ford Motor Company, screwing those of us with early reservations. I am not expecting a vehicle this year.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate your hard work but none of this means anything due to allocations it’s literally completely not applicable

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is like what the timeline would have been, if Ford went by reservation timestamp as advertised.

Also I suspect tens of thousands of reservations dropped out at some point between July 2020 and now (and were replaced by new orders or reservations). Another wrinkle in the calculation.

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So made a few graphs to illustrate when you MIGHT expect YOUR bronco to be built based on when you ordered.
using numbers from how many reservations were made and assuming 70% order rate. Comparing that to production numbers which (fingers crossed) have been hovering around 10k units per month for the last 3 months.

so as you can see the VAST majority of reservations were the first 24hrs after it went live. So if you reserved yours in that first day. Your in that group. Then a steady decline from there.
Total orders is (roughly) 140,000 units. Cant find any GOOD data on it. But roughly 70k of those were reserved in the first 24 hours or half the total.

View attachment 254714
so based on this data. If you reserved yours within the first 24 hours and HAVENT gotten yours yet, baring any more hiccups, you SHOULD get it by April? Maybe later. Again guestimations. Then if you reserved it in the first week, you should see it by July. Then within the first 30 days you should see it by September. Then if you have an order AT ALL (including if you made it today) you should see it by the end of the year. (By which point there SHOULD be about 175,000 built)

i know thats a LONG time meaning some people will be waiting 24+ months from the time of reservation to delivery. But thats what happens when you have the hottest vehicle in 30 years mixed with a global supply chain issue.

it is important to note that some options may take longer to build than others like

What about dealership allocations, how will that come into play ?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

View attachment 254714

Sadly you completely wasted your time making this graph.

Reservations are not even remotely filled in order. Any (and if, we really don't have any data proving that timestamps even apply at the individual dealers with identical builds) reservations only (might) apply to the internal order at each dealer, for all we know, Ford may be filling according to dealer 10-19 codes without bothering to check if there are reservations that might be a match at that dealer. I have no evidence one way or the other, but I could certainly envision Ford 'assuming' dealers are putting a higher priority (lower code) on early reservations.

Since Ford's current allocation formula does not use any data at all regarding the allocations, you know... when figuring where they send the Broncos (and the ignoring of the original promise that all reservations would be serviced (barring constraints) before dealer stock), there will be some early reservations that might be waiting four years or more while dealers with high allocations might have walk-ins getting scheduled immediately later this year. Since Ford does not care enough to even look at which dealers have reservations when allocating the trucks, your basic premise of them building reservations first and in order is false.

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fun chart. Meaningless, unfortunately, to those of us at dealers with high-reservations-low-allocations.

I reserved July 23, 2020. I think my honest most likely timeframe for actually getting built is probably going be some time around July 2023, which would be oddly fitting.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
This also assumes that every Bronco being produced is going to people with reservations waiting in line when we know that isn't the case. If Ford kept the original promise it would be applicable.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
As stated at the bottom now. (Edited)
Broncos are built AS CLOSE TO reservation order as possible, but theres 2 major factors

1 dealer allocation - Some dealers get their broncos faster than others.
So if you know your order is at a larger dealer move your timeline up, smaller move back.

2 part supply issue - some items are taking longer to fill, Towing packages, hard tops, manual trans, 2.7L, 2 door, and higher trims requiring more chips etc.

Last edited:

raptorbill

Badlands
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if i read this correctly, I ordered end of December 2021. It should be delivered in June?
Seems awful fast compared to what I've been seeing on here. Lurking for over a year. lol
I'm excited to get this thing. I have a year left on my GMC.