Sponsored

No Mid Package or above with CoPilot 360 - Does the Bronco feel safe?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

For those without CoPilot 360, does the Bronco feel safe while driving? Or do you feel safe while driving it? Maybe I’m to used to all the new safety tech in modern Vehicles.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco comes with all of the basic Co-Pilot360 safety features.

The two notable features it does not come with:
  • Lane-keeping assist — the thing that vibrates your steering wheel when you leave a lane of traffic
  • Blind-spot information system (BLIS) - The thing that puts a little icon in your side mirrors when someone is in your blind spot. If you don't have BLIS you'll instead have a side mirror with a convex portion to help you see your blind spot. Like this:
    Ford Bronco No Mid Package or above with CoPilot 360 - Does the Bronco feel safe? 1643322880893
But all of the other major features are there on the standard package, including automatic emergency braking, rear view backup camera, etc. Even my least favorite "safety" feature of all time: auto high-beam headlights.

---

EDIT— I guess I should also list the other safety features missing from the standard package in case they are important to you. In my opinion, all of these are minor features and not really all that important, but to each their own.
  • Mid package
    • Rear parking sensors
  • High package
    • Front parking sensors
  • Lux package
    • Evasive steering assist

Last edited:

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best piece of safety equipment available is between the driver’s ears. Don’t text. Don’t tailgate. Eyes on path. Check mirrors.

Own it and drive deliberately and you’ll be good.

I would’ve loved to get all that safety tech in my bronco, but not at the cost of a $10k jump to a Badlands that I don’t need.

So instead, I’m going to be the best operator I can.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best piece of safety equipment available is between the driver’s ears. Don’t text. Don’t tailgate. Eyes on path. Check mirrors.

Own it and drive deliberately and you’ll be good.

I would’ve loved to get all that safety tech in my bronco, but not at the cost of a $10k jump to a Badlands that I don’t need.

So instead, I’m going to be the best operator I can.
I agree with all of that. 👍🏼

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Lane-keeping assist — the thing that vibrates your steering wheel when you leave a lane of traffic
  • Blind-spot information system (BLIS) - The thing that puts a little icon in your side mirrors when someone is in your blind spot. If you don't have BLIS you'll instead have a side mirror with a convex portion to help you see your blind spot. Like this:
    Ford Bronco No Mid Package or above with CoPilot 360 - Does the Bronco feel safe? 1643322880893
But all of the other major features are there on the standard package, including automatic emergency braking, rear view backup camera, etc. Even my least favorite "safety" feature of all time: auto high-beam headlights.
I guess that is true! Thank you.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even my least favorite "safety" feature of all time: auto high-beam headlights.
One of the first things I disabled, personally... It's so dumb. It would be nice if it auto-dimmed the high beams when they were on.
Nothing like driving in town giving the (very bright) high beam to every pedestrian you meet.

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have any of that tech. Just standard package with Black Diamond. Safety is all about the driver not some computer telling you what to do. I will say that this is the first vehicle I've ever had that has blind spot mirrors and they are GREAT! Wish I had them before. Helps a ton on the highway.

PS I don't like the headlights in general. They are the least safe part of this vehicle. They don't shine out far enough. The auto feature is a pain I agree.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the first things I disabled, personally... It's so dumb. It would be nice if it auto-dimmed the high beams when they were on.
Nothing like driving in town giving the (very bright) high beam to every pedestrian you meet.
Yeah honestly... I think it has the potential to actually decrease safety not increase it.

But safety issues aside... the worst part is when you are driving down a road with street lights and the auto-high beams toggle on and off as you drive under the lights. Bugs the crap out of me. :mad:

NathanW

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Range Rover SVR,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That stuff was created for people that have their heads up their a** talking/texting on their phone instead of paying attention to the road. Easier/better solution is to just pay attention to the road.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People have been driving for over 100 years without a computer telling them what to do. I personally have no interest in them.
True, but crashes and injuries and countless avoidable deaths have also been commonplace for over a 100 years.

I've been vocal about my distaste for many of these systems, especially when it comes to teaching new drivers how to be alert and rely on their own decision making and senses rather than using a computer as a crutch.

BUT, I drive my wife's vehicle from time to time, and it has the full suite of safety tech. I will admit that many of the systems are nice and can perhaps help you avoid serious injury or death if something terrible would happen.

It's fine to come on a forum and portray yourself as an excellent driver who never gets distracted. Most of us do portray ourselves this way, and many of us probably are excellent drivers. But we are all human and fail from time to time. Many of these systems can help when we fail, and in the process can preserve the most important thing of all: life.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait what!? What exactly do these things do? I assumed it let you drive with high beams and would automatically turn them off temporarily for oncoming traffic. No?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

---

EDIT— I guess I should also list the other safety features missing from the standard package in case they are important to you. In my opinion, all of these are minor features and not really all that important, but to each their own.
  • Mid package
    • Rear parking sensors
  • High package
    • Front parking sensors
  • Lux package
    • Evasive steering assist
Don’t forget the 360 camera.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True, but crashes and injuries and countless avoidable deaths have also been commonplace for over a 100 years.

I've been vocal about my distaste for many of these systems, especially when it comes to teaching new drivers how to be alert and rely on their own decision making and senses rather than using a computer as a crutch.

BUT, I drive my wife's vehicle from time to time, and it has the full suite of safety tech. I will admit that many of the systems are nice and can perhaps help you avoid serious injury or death if something terrible would happen.

It's fine to come on a forum and portray yourself as an excellent driver who never gets distracted. Most of us do portray ourselves this way, and many of us probably are excellent drivers. But we are all human and fail from time to time. Many of these systems can help when we fail, and in the process can preserve the most important thing of all: life.
Crashes are still commonplace, regardless of these systems, and if I had to guess, often BECAUSE of these systems.
People texting, working, sleeping while driving because they have some stupid semi-autonomous system that they trust will save them.

Tech is what got us to this point, with people needing to thumbf*ck their phone every waking minute.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait what!? What exactly do these things do? I assumed it let you drive with high beams and would automatically turn them off temporarily for oncoming traffic. No?
That is correct. The high beams turn off for oncoming traffic then turn back on once the traffic has cleared.
Sponsored