Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My rear passenger door is a pain to close, took a closer look at it today while installing sill protectors. It doesn’t make a noticeable metal on metal sound, just hard to close to get the window to roll up automatically. Obviously I need to take it to the dealer but is there an adjustment I can make in the meantime?? Btw, I haven’t even removed the doors or gone off-road yet, hard to close from day one.

Update 2/7 - Scheduled to take to local dealer next week, they'll take it to a body shop to fix. Word of warning, the service guy said Ford doesn't like to fix these types of issues after you've had the vehicle awhile, had he denied fixing we would have had a more interesting conversation... Check your doors at delivery or right now if you have your Bronco!

Update and resolved 2/15 - Happy to report the dealer took care of it today, sent it to a body shop to align the door and touch up the paint. Door finally shuts like the other doors! Dropped off in the morning, done by 4pm.

Highly recommend checking at PDI/delivery and keep an eye on doors that are a little more difficult to close than others.

Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! 5D6C9E28-6F61-4BEB-90BD-8B804AF9D10E
Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! 1C790FEA-0491-4093-B544-7693A981D60D
Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! D154795A-E8C2-466A-8D60-C4D3DAD43C56
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly the Door Hinge Bolts may be loose…
Thanks for the tip. Just went and checked, everything is tight. Might loosen everything and see if I can get it to a better position. Might be hard to tell from the pic but the door is out of wack when closed.

Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! 31F2B57D-914F-4FF2-8378-76B2BB7FDCE6
Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! C01481D0-EA58-4AE6-8588-8754B01484F0

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just remember another Thread along these lines, and it was the Bolts not having Locktite on them…

Samsquanch21

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I’m having this issue as well. Brought it to the dealer and they told me everything was tight and had no adjustment and they can’t fix it so Ford corporate set me up with an appointment with a Ford body shop but I haven’t had a chance to go have the look at it yet. The mannequin they had at the dealer also had the same issue.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My doors on my FE were hitting the flares.. Body shop fixed it in 15 minutes. Any decent bodyshop I am sure could do the same.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine does the same thing. The dealer looked at it and said body shop has to fix. I have to make another appointment.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh great. If anyone knows what exactly needs to be adjusted sound like that will help a few people out.

@chtucker , what body shop? I'm in Woodinville.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh great. If anyone knows what exactly needs to be adjusted sound like that will help a few people out.

@chtucker , what body shop? I'm in Woodinville.
Collision Masters in Totem Lake
http://www.autorebuild.com/

Ford of Kirkland subs all their bodywork out to them. I made my appointment through FoK and they made the arrangements with the bodyshop. All covered under warranty including paint touch ups and a new flare

JML

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI/LandRover/Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My rear passenger door is a pain to close, took a closer look at it today while installing sill protectors. It doesn’t make a noticeable metal on metal sound, just hard to close to get the window to roll up automatically. Obviously I need to take it to the dealer but is there an adjustment I can make in the meantime?? Btw, I haven’t even removed the doors or gone off-road yet, hard to close from day one.

Ford Bronco Door hitting the body - Dealer Fixed! C01481D0-EA58-4AE6-8588-8754B01484F0
Shoddy workmanship, absolutely no excuse for this.

Sponsored

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’d be filing a warranty claim with that paint missing. Fuck that

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Collision Masters in Totem Lake
http://www.autorebuild.com/

Ford of Kirkland subs all their bodywork out to them. I made my appointment through FoK and they made the arrangements with the bodyshop. All covered under warranty including paint touch ups and a new flare
Sweet!! I'll get the process started, glad to hear that FoK took care of it. I won't touch it and let warranty take care of it. Lame that I'm not the only one, I'm surprised it wasn't more noticeable that it was hitting. Knock on wood, my first warranty claim, just passed 1000 miles this week. [insert 2.7 jokes here]

I'll ask the body shop what they do to fix it and post back with an update. Sounds like a TSB to me.

Thanks all!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sweet!! I'll get the process started, glad to hear that FoK took care of it. I won't touch it and let warranty take care of it. Lame that I'm not the only one, I'm surprised it wasn't more noticeable that it was hitting. Knock on wood, my first warranty claim, just passed 1000 miles this week. [insert 2.7 jokes here]

I'll ask the body shop what they do to fix it and post back with an update. Sounds like a TSB to me.

Thanks all!
Kevin is who I worked with..... BOTH my Broncos needed the TSB for the water leaks at the A pillar. One is done, waiting on parts for the second one... I would ask him about that at the same time if you have any indication of water intrusion around the curtain airbags.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kevin is who I worked with..... BOTH my Broncos needed the TSB for the water leaks at the A pillar. One is done, waiting on parts for the second one... I would ask him about that at the same time if you have any indication of water intrusion around the curtain airbags.
Thanks! I'll try to get that taken care of while it's in there.

Bronqo

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing your post, I checked mine and both rear doors have this problem, not quite as bad though. Guess I’ll be seeing the dealer soon.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: Cat