The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford vs Jeep. Who will be king? Which will better? Who will be the leader in the offroad market?

In my opinion and from what ive been hearing from a lot of people the deciding factor will come down to the package pricing and accessories.

Will Ford make them affordable or nickle and dime us like Jeep? This will make a huge difference. If the Sasquatch package for example ends up being too expensive then whats the point? What have they really accomplished?

Sure the new design of the Bronco is a breath of fresh air and everyone loves new. But that only lasts so long and wears off.

The real test and longevity meter will be truly measured by what they offer from the factory and at what price?

Will the Sasquatch package be $3500 or too expensive and out of reach? Will all the other packages and accessories be affordable? Will they make front and rear Lockers available for all models including Base without Sasquatch? Will you be able to build the Bronco of your dreams and not be broke when its all said and done? If Ford can the Bronco will transcend the offroad vehicle market and reign Supreme over Jeep and the competition.

Also keep innovativing. You just woke a sleeping giant in Jeep and they will be coming hard. Stay on top of the game with new products and designs. Never stand still.

On top of making the Bronco affordable which is the single most important factor. They also would be smart to keep their foot on the gas in the Marketing department.

Like Dodge does with the Challenger commercials. Keep coming out with cool commercials of the Bronco throughout the years. Keep the excitement flowing. Keep the brand alive.

Everyone is anxiously waiting for the package pricing to be revealed. People including myself are on the edge of their seats waiting to see the prices. Waiting to see if they can afford them. Waiting to see if the Bronco of their dreams will become a reality. For a lot of people this is the deciding factor. Don't get it wrong Ford. You only have one shot to make an impression and become King. Take aim and take it!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford vs Jeep. Who will be king? Which will better? Who will be the leader in the offroad market?

In my opinion and from what ive been hearing from a lot of people the deciding factor will come down to the package pricing and accessories.

Will Ford make them affordable or nickle and dime us like Jeep? This will make a huge difference. If the Sasquatch package for example ends up being too expensive then whats the point? What have they really accomplished?

Sure the new design of the Bronco is a breath of fresh air and everyone loves new. But that only lasts so long and wears off.

The real test and longevity meter will be truly measured by what they offer from the factory and at what price?

Will the Sasquatch package be $3500 or too expensive and out of reach? Will all the other packages and accessories be affordable? Will they make front and rear Lockers available for all models including Base without Sasquatch? Will you be able to build the Bronco of your dreams and not be broke when its all said and done? If Ford can the Bronco will transcend the offroad vehicle market and reign Supreme over Jeep and the competition.

Also keep innovativing. You just woke a sleeping giant in Jeep and they will be coming hard. Stay on top of the game with new products and designs. Never stand still.

On top of making the Bronco affordable which is the single most important factor. They also would be smart to keep their foot on the gas in the Marketing department.

Like Dodge does with the Challenger commercials. Keep coming out with cool commercials of the Bronco throughout the years. Keep the excitement flowing. Keep the brand alive.

Everyone is anxiously waiting for the package pricing to be revealed. People including myself are on the edge of their seats waiting to see the prices. Waiting to see if they can afford them. Waiting to see if the Bronco of their dreams will become a reality. For a lot of people this is the deciding factor. Don't get it wrong Ford. You only have one shot to make an impression and become King. Take aim and take it!
so true. I reserved a 4door Badlands but if it ends up being $55k for a 4cyl manual 5,000 lb brick, I’m going to have to consider something else.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is absolutely listening. With a new CEO and stocks being low, CCP Virus and the economy where its at Ford is throwing a hail mary with the launch of the Bronco. It needs to succeed. They are not taking any shortcuts here. IMO thats why they are doing all these off-road trails. They could of launched it already and not done all this PR. They didnt play it safe and do what GM did with the Blazer, they invested heavily into the Bronco and listened to consumer wants and desires.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Competition is a great thing... expect new offerings from all manufactures. I expect Ford to "blow us away.. again" in the next few model years. This party is just getting started...

Pricing has to be competitive... they know this. I will gladly pay up if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Just looking at what Ford has offered at this point... they're serious.

It's gonna be a fun ride...

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is absolutely listening. With a new CEO and stocks being low, CCP Virus and the economy where its at Ford is throwing a hail mary with the launch of the Bronco. It needs to succeed. They are not taking any shortcuts here. IMO thats why they are doing all these off-road trails. They could of launched it already and not done all this PR. They didnt play it safe and do what GM did with the Blazer, they invested heavily into the Bronco and listened to consumer wants and desires.
I share the hope that Ford won't nickel and dime us to death. I also agree that Ford badly needs a win with the Bronco. However, I'm not as optimistic that they'll make the necessary tweaks to get this right. Not having things like removable back seats, a manual 2.7L , or white tops that have been clamored for by customers is disappointing. All we get out of Ford are vague tweets and CGI pics of pre-production models that are likely not available to the customers. Ford's decision making since the night of the reveal has left me less than confident they aren't going to give us a product that we will be completely happy with.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition is a great thing... expect new offerings from all manufactures. I expect Ford to "blow us away.. again" in the next few model years. This party is just getting started...

Pricing has to be competitive... they know this. I will gladly pay up if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Just looking at what Ford has offered at this point... they're serious.

It's gonna be a fun ride...
It won't be a fun ride for the average Joe if the pricing is too expensive. They need desperately to get this right. Especially during the current economic times.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I share the hope that Ford won't nickel and dime us to death. I also agree that Ford badly needs a win with the Bronco. However, I'm not as optimistic that they'll make the necessary tweaks to get this right. Not having things like removable back seats, a manual 2.7L , or white tops that have been clamored for by customers is disappointing. All we get out of Ford are vague tweets and CGI pics of pre-production models that are likely not available to the customers. Ford's decision making since the night of the reveal has left me less than confident they aren't going to give us a product that we will be completely happy with.
Not offering the 2.7L with the manual is a mistake, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on a solution for the second year models. They've heard this brought up a lot. I don't expect a perfect first production year vehicle from any auto-maker. I'm still going to get one. The manual isn't a deal breaker for me as much as others, since my wife said no dice on the Bronco if she couldn't drive it also ( refuses to learn stick ).

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well they can't give it away...
Nobody suggested they should. Many of us are going to spend $55k+ on the Bronco. That's hardly giving it away. But while Ford's design is exceptional, their engineering decisions such as those that I mentioned above are a big disappointment. If they do nickel and dime us to death with accessories they're going to leave a really bad taste for their customers. Like is mentioned earlier, I'm not confident in Fords decision making at this point.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also nailed the idea about turning Bronco into a brand. I Iike how they kept it simple with the naming structure and just called the little guy the Bronco-Sport instead of applying another legacy name or thinking up something trendy. Next is Bronco-Truck and then maybe a bit bigger Bronco version (but smaller than the Expedition) with a 3rd row. Call it Bronco-XL

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You must work for Ford. ?
I've done work for a lot of manufactures. Now days I work for myself...

Nobody suggested they should. Many of us are going to spend $55k+ on the Bronco. That's hardly giving it away. But while Ford's design is exceptional, their engineering decisions such as those that I mentioned above are a big disappointment. If they do nickel and dime us to death with accessories they're going to leave a really bad taste for their customers. Like is mentioned earlier, I'm not confident in Fords decision making at this point.
I hear Jeep has a compatible vehicle...

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not want to get negative. The Ford listening thing is something that the customer want. It's a not a real motivation for Ford. There is another post on, pay cash/finance. Knowing that less than 10% pay cash, financing is the key here. Because it will be an expensive truck ,Ford sees the opportunity to charge a premium and they are doing it. Ford listening, not really let's look at the financing rate of both ford and jeep at the moment you can finance a wrangler at 3.9% 72 months at jeep compared to 5.9% 84 months at Ford for the Bronco Sport (new model) and way less for a explorer at 3.9. Listening would have been to introduce the new model at a rate similar to other Ford models .. Now for the Bronco, I am assuming a high financial rate and premium on price since no employee pricing will be available and they look like they will take advantage of the hype to charge us the highest rate possible.

Ford listening : Give us your backers , the ones that accepted to reserve a Bronco 1 year in advance not even knowing the total price a rebate for early reserve ( thank you for backing us) Give us financial options to finance our dream truck , not the one that will have to do because I can not afford the one I really want. I might be dreaming now.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is the point of selling a vehicle, no matter how popular, if you don't make money on it? Look at the final edition price and then add some of those 200 options. If you want a cheap toy buy an old jeep that was traded in on the new Bronco. Or buy the base at 29k and buy all the Ford take off parts as people upgrade.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What is the point of selling a vehicle, no matter how popular, if you don't make money on it? Look at the final edition price and then add some of those 200 options. If you want a cheap toy buy an old jeep that was traded in on the new Bronco. Or buy the base at 29k and buy all the Ford take off parts as people upgrade.
Your kidding right? The way its priced already they are making money on it. Not to mention a $1,500 destination fee.

Its great you have deep pockets and will pay whatever they charge. Most don't. The average Joe certainly won't.

The Base model is already $30k with destination. Add tax for me 6% thats $31,800. Great if you want to ride on 30 inch wheels and no lockers and add no accessories. Most don't. So whats the Sasquatch package going to be? Thats what 90% of us want when going with Base. If its $3,500 or less ill take it. That makes the price $35,300. That a great price and they will make money.

Now take that same Base and what if the Sasquatch package is $5,000 or $6,000k and they dont make it available for the Manual so you have to pay for the Automatic on top of it $1,500? You'll be talking close to $39,000 after taxes for a Base model. And thats not even adding things like steel bumper and other accessories.

Yeah. Um. No thanks.
Sponsored