First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 dr Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered and received a 2021 4 door Wildtrak. In an effort to ensure my order was prioritized, I left off the heavy duty modular front bumper. Now that I've had my Bronco for a month, I'd really like to upgrade to the modular bumper. I called my dealer and after consulting with his parts guy, he said that the modular bumper isn't available as a package replacement yet and I would have to piece it all together. He recommended going with an aftermarket bumper such as 4 Wheel Parts. My question for you all is, has anyone purchased a Ford factory modular bumper and installed it yourselves? And if so, what was the difficultly level? I know that parking sensors will need to be swapped. Are there any other hidden obstacles? I'd prefer going with a factory swap vs aftermarket which might block the crash sensors. I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. Is anyone else in this same situation and what are you considering?

Screenshot_20220107-005931_Samsung Internet.jpg

20211209_085900.jpg
Sponsored

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the process of doing exactly that now. Turns out I didn’t get all the parts. it has turned in to a big exercise. Luckily, Arnie at Bronco outfitters found everything I needed. A lot of the parts are on back order but they are getting there.

By the way, two completely different bumpers. Make sure you get everything you need. The hardest part to find and we are still waiting if for the plastic covers that surround the recovery hooks.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was missing over 25 parts and cost was over $1,000.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would call around to swap shops and look on the member classifieds here. With all the aftermarket bumper pictures on this forum there are plenty of mod bumpers available.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one wants to part out their bumper yet. I think it is still too early.

Sponsored

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the process of doing exactly that now. Turns out I didn’t get all the parts. it has turned in to a big exercise. Luckily, Arnie at Bronco outfitters found everything I needed. A lot of the parts are on back order but they are getting there.

By the way, two completely different bumpers. Make sure you get everything you need. The hardest part to find and we are still waiting if for the plastic covers that surround the recovery hooks.
you got a quick list of all the parts that would be needed to swap out the standard bumper for the HD bumper?

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you got a quick list of all the parts that would be needed to swap out the standard bumper for the HD bumper?
I plan to do the same! I purchased a MOD bumper off of a Bronco6G member and am currently waiting for my Bronco!

So…yeah…there is one major fitment issue (besides relocating a sensor)! There are TWO different types of ‘Powertrain Skid Plate Brackets’ that come factory installed on Broncos (depending on bumper selection)! The standard bumper comes with tow hooks that are integrated (welded NOT bolted) with the powertrain skid plate brackets that support the intercooler! You will NOT be able to simply swap out the bumpers!

However, there are two solutions to this problem:
1) Remove the standard bumper then use an angle grinder to cut the tow hooks off the existing brackets.
2) Replace the brackets with the OE ones that are included with vehicles that come from the factory with the MOD bumper. Factory model numbers are as follows: MB3Z‑6G079‑A and MB3Z-6G079-B (you WILL need one of each and they are currently priced from $60 - $77 each)

Hope that helps…

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are some pics, we are getting close. Just missing the plastic covers surrounding the recovery hooks on both sides.

0098E0F7-2633-4E5C-A71C-11F4A622D974.jpeg

CD44B99F-7829-4968-94FE-7FC969A56D3F.jpeg
Very, very nice! I was thinking of selecting either the Diode Dynamics or Baja Designs light kits but i saw the ZroadZ kit at a much better price! I am not too familiar with their products but I noticed that they are located within 5 miles of my house! So, i might have to give them a try.

Question: would you be able to install the lights with the lettering right-side-up by flipping the plates? Virtually every example that I’ve seen has the ‘ZroadZ’ lettering upside-down. It’s not a big deal but my slight OCD would force my eyes (and mind) to always fixate on that non-issue…

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to do the same! I purchased a MOD bumper off of a Bronco6G member and am currently waiting for my Bronco!

So…yeah…there is one major fitment issue (besides relocating a sensor)! There are TWO different types of ‘Powertrain Skid Plate Brackets’ that come factory installed on Broncos (depending on bumper selection)! The standard bumper comes with tow hooks that are integrated (welded NOT bolted) with the powertrain skid plate brackets that support the intercooler! You will NOT be able to simply swap out the bumpers!

However, there are two solutions to this problem:
1) Remove the standard bumper then use an angle grinder to cut the tow hooks off the existing brackets.
2) Replace the brackets with the OE ones that are included with vehicles that come from the factory with the MOD bumper. Factory model numbers are as follows: MB3Z‑6G079‑A and MB3Z-6G079-B (you WILL need one of each and they are currently priced from $60 - $77 each)

Hope that helps…
I don't have my bronco yet but have a complete modular bumper I'm picking up next week, if I have the bumper with the hardware and tow hooks will it mount right up or do I still have to cut the original tow hooks off still? just a little confused.

TIA.

Sponsored

B A C N O W

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't have my bronco yet but have a complete modular bumper I'm picking up next week, if I have the bumper with the hardware and tow hooks will it mount right up or do I still have to cut the original tow hooks off still? just a little confused.

TIA.
IF your Bronco was built with the factory plastic bumper and you plan to replace it with the MOD bumper, THEN you will either have to cut the tow hooks off the existing support brackets or buy new support brackets that are hookless (the ones that are installed from the factory with MOD bumpers)!

The MOD bumper + hardware that you have does NOT include this bracket and does NOT account for the existing tow hooks and will be virtually impossible to install because of them!

If you plan to keep your plastic bumper then purchase the new brackets (~$140)! If not, then get an angle grinder and cut those puppies off!

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
IF your Bronco was built with the factory plastic bumper and you plan to replace it with the MOD bumper, THEN you will either have to cut the tow hooks off the existing support brackets or buy new support brackets that are hookless (the ones that are installed from the factory with MOD bumpers)!

The MOD bumper + hardware that you have does NOT include this bracket and does NOT account for the existing tow hooks and will be virtually impossible to install because of them!

If you plan to keep your plastic bumper then purchase the new brackets (~$140)! If not, then get an angle grinder and cut those puppies off!
Thank you for your info, it’s very helpful!

armymp71

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi q3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doing this process now, glad someone figured it out. Mod bumpers are out there you just have to be patient and hunt em up.

thanks all!!!

Usdmmark

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are some pics, we are getting close. Just missing the plastic covers surrounding the recovery hooks on both sides.

0098E0F7-2633-4E5C-A71C-11F4A622D974.jpeg

CD44B99F-7829-4968-94FE-7FC969A56D3F.jpeg
Looks like I’m missing the same , noticed it when I picked up today. Hope they aren’t too far back ordered.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a complete HD Mod bumper in West Yellowstone,Montana. Only thing missing is the factory nut plate as I used it with my new bumper. Come visit Yellowstone Park and get your HD Mod bumper.
Sponsored