First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be honest. The number I look at is production and even though it's up, it's still not as strong as I'd hope to see. Would have hoped they would have gotten closer to 15,000 a month.
However, I do wonder how many Broncos have collected on Ice Mountain at this point. I really thought we would start seeing sales surpass production as they released some of them.....

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do they consider it “Produced” if assembled and waiting on computer chips?
i believe so as alot of ”built” truck have sat there for chips and hardtops.
I can’t speak for Ford but I worked in manufacturing for 28 years and never counted anything as produced unless it was ready to ship. Sold meant it was delivered (or in transit to the customer depending on GAAP rules or a particular state’s or country’s laws) and invoiced. Sold didn’t not include finished units in regional inventory awaiting sale. Both are generally accepted as standard practice but again, I can’t speak for Ford.

Sponsored

Pharaoh Edge

Badlands
First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest. The number I look at is production and even though it's up, it's still not as strong as I'd hope to see. Would have hoped they would have gotten closer to 15,000 a month.
However, I do wonder how many Broncos have collected on Ice Mountain at this point. I really thought we would start seeing sales surpass production as they released some of them.....
Bronco stated in multiple articles that their goal is to produce 160,000 in 2022. This averages to be around 13,333 Broncos produced per month. It would be amazing for them to produce more, but I think they're close to their potential in production at that plant.

Then if you add the predicated production of 2022 (160,000) to the production of 54,562 (2021 production) it would equate to 214,562. If this occurs, I think most people will have their Broncos by the end of the year. Especially if they fix their commodity restraints.

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Either way, a difference of 8,000 sales and 13,000 units produced means the backlog was reduced 5,000 units in one month. Also, we really don't know the story of the ones in the holding yard. That could improve or subtract from the numbers. I know from a corporate perspective I don't think they could count those units as produced, but a work in progress, due to GAAP accounting principles.

Last edited:

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its seems unbelievable that while producing so many Broncos, they haven't worked through the first 2 days of reservations.

Almost like they are ignoring early res holders in favor of new customers that might buy something else if a Bronco isnt available.

Not that FoMoCo even cares, but I will never let anybody I know buy a Ford after the way they have treated me as a customer since taking my money.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford is good at fuzzy math.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Its seems unbelievable that while producing so many Broncos, they haven't worked through the first 2 days of reservations.

Almost like they are ignoring early res holders in favor of new customers that might buy something else if a Bronco isnt available.

Not that FoMoCo even cares, but I will never let anybody I know buy a Ford after the way they have treated me as a customer since taking my money.
Because they had part restraints and need to pull forward reservations to keep producing cars … except now they’ve created new parts restraints!

Sponsored

klill001

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BADLANDS/SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco January 2022 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales: 8,101 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 8,101 vehicles.
    • January 2022 sales represent a -11.4% decrease from December 2021.
  • Bronco Production: 12,938 vehicles. Production (YTD): 12,938 vehicles.
    • January 2022 production represents a 9.24% increase from December 2021.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.24.56 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.25.11 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.40.50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.41.10 AM.jpg
Unless I missed it. It would be great to know how many were reservations

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many 4 door softie Big Bends are sitting on dealer lots with a 10K+ ADM this month compared to previous months? My local dealer has two sitting there unsold.

The market may already be oversaturated with Big Bend Softies.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they had part restraints and need to pull forward reservations to keep producing cars … except now they’ve created new parts restraints!
That would make sense if there weren't reservations made after mine with the same restraints that have already been delivered.

I'm a day 3 reservation and there are thousand of similar build as mine, reserved after me, that have been delivered.

What your saying doesn't make sense if you take that into account. It's just bad business practice at this point, and very clear that Ford is doing a money grab with disregard to their early reservation holders.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t speak for Ford but I worked in manufacturing for 28 years and never counted anything as produced unless it was ready to ship. Sold meant it was delivered (or in transit to the customer depending on GAAP rules or a particular state’s or country’s laws) and invoiced. Sold didn’t not include finished units in regional inventory awaiting sale. Both are generally accepted as standard practice but again, I can’t speak for Ford.
I’ll say this. My bronco was “produced” on 11/04 but wasn’t “built” till 12/22. If you figure out what that means you are way ahead.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DAMNNNNN at 13k a month that’s 156k broncos a year. If we can figure out this ice mountain situation prices will crash and ADM of more then a couple thousand dollars will cease lol
With an estimated 100K early reservation holders still waiting....there should be no reason not to get all caught up this year, by the end of the 3rd quarter. However, "walk-in" orders are getting in the way.....while some early reservation holders have seen warnings that they could get pushed to MY23.
Sponsored