First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, Terminator, 2018 F-150, 76 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Awesome! Hopefully I will soon be bringing another 2 door to the area. I have seen some 4’s, but the only 2 doors I’ve seen in W MA are yours and a cactus gray I’ve seen twice on 91.
Hope to see it soon! Need some more 2 doors around here

VERY VERY NICE JOB!!

Hey, couple of Q's:

1. What's the resolution on your dash cam? both front and back
2. How is that Antenna with reception? Any Issues?
Thanks!
Front cam is 4K on its own. When running in conjunction with the rear I believe it’s 2k front/1080p rear.
Antenna seems fine, haven’t noticed any losses in reception. Although to be fair we have like 3 stations out here so there isn’t much to lose lol

Cool stuff! Color matched blue top would be sick
You know, I hadn’t considered it before but I saw a LB 2 door with the matched top (not sure if here or on Instagram) and it looked amazing

Nice, I think it would look awesome with white wheels.
I’m really starting to lean that way more and more. I’ll have to photoshop some things and try it out
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I figure it's probably about time to make a build thread. One of the best things I found with my Mustang thread was how easily you can keep track of the changes you make. If the Bronco is anything like the Mustang, there will probably be a lot of changes to come. This will probably be documented in a similar way to the Mustang- with too many details and probably even more pictures. Hopefully some of what's in here can help other members.

Originally, I wanted an Oxford white, or even Star white First Edition to match the rest of my vehicles. Since white was not an option, I had to make a color change. Converted to order on 1/29, production started on 9/16 and brought her home on 10/14. A 2-door First Edition in Lightning blue with Navy Pier interior.

i-Zm2WKcJ-L.jpg

i-b4jwJ36-L.jpg

i-RWpXcnt-L.jpg

Already had a few parts at home waiting to go on...

MRT hood struts. Went with these because the design utilized the hinge bracket for added support:

i-LGzgkPS-L.jpg

And color-matched brackets:

i-72NfLrC-L.jpg

i-HcRDDH8-L.jpg

Dark blue overlays from Vortex:

i-dqnt2Nj-L.jpg

Autostop Eliminator:

i-vDPvRwW-L.jpg

Stickerfab reflector tint and center cap overlays:

i-kWTf4dS-L.jpg

i-553N3gD-L.jpg

i-pcHhtTv-L.jpg

i-tL5hrnB-L.jpg

i-gvWB9Lx-L.jpg

After all that was done I trailered it over to ACP in Franklin, MA for a complete wrap in Xpel Ultimate PPF. Also went with ExoShield for the exterior of the windshield and Xpel Prime ceramic tint- 20% on the door glass, and 70% on the windshield and hard top glass to help cut heat.

i-xfkWLRR-L.jpg

While the Bronco was away I picked up a few more pieces...

New emblems to paint:

i-fnFHDv9-L.jpg

Screen ProTech PPF for nav screen, instrument panel and HVAC controls:

i-MQNkB4q-L.jpg

New mirror caps to paint:

i-zwJ25B7-L.jpg

BroncoDepot badges:

i-cnfTJCD-L.jpg

Project Kics 2-piece chromoly lug nuts:

i-vxBhFVV-L.jpg

Raptor AntennaX:

i-LGngvvw-L.jpg

With the Bronco back, it was time to get all of the awaiting pieces on... I started with the emblems and then moved onto Screen ProTech and Grdian Nova front/rear dash cam.

i-FnwbX5X-L.jpg

i-Km3Rtwv-L.jpg

i-csxt4tS-L.jpg

The dash cam kit comes with a hardwire kit that uses a cigarette lighter styled plug and USB adapter. For me, this just was not ideal. replaced the bulky plug ends with a simple 12v to 5v converter box. Then it was as simple as running the wiring, tucking it neatly away and mounting the boxes.

i-Zj4nb9h-L.jpg

i-tCwbBGf-L.jpg

i-Sst8v6G-L.jpg

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-Sst8v6G-L

Ford Bronco Terminated's Bronco FE Build w/ Wrapped White Top & Mirrors i-Sst8v6G-L

With that finished, I swapped out the lugs (some of OE lugs felt very easy to break free... I'd suggest checking torque) and wet sanded the mirror caps from 1000 through 5000 grit and polished them. Installed the caps and replaced the Xpel. Followed up with the new antenna. Lastly, I popped in UPR's BOV adapter just so I can hear some turbo noises.

Then it was just a matter of getting it waxed, sealed and coated and now it's time to enjoy this damn thing! Stage 1 is done. There's still a lot more that I plan to do, but I think this was a good start.

One of the few things that bothered me was having the "Bronco" lettering in the grille in white, but absolutely no other white on the vehicle to tie it in. Color matched badging really helped balance that out, I think. This also led to an idea, one I think many Broncos owners have had- a vintage inspired build. Blue and white is classic Bronco IMO, and I feel it could be done really well with some modern touches. The carbonized grey MIC top is another thing that really bothers me... both the grey and the texture do not match the rest of the plastics on the truck; painting the top white will fix that problem and help pull the new theme together really well. The mirrors stand out a bit currently, but with the top matched it should mesh together well.

Over time I'd like to add some Diode ditch lights, see what lift kits start coming to market and get this thing up on 37s with a solid beadlock wheel, Rockslide Engineering rails, get the hardtop painted and swap out bumpers. I really like the Bodyguard bumpers, but I'd love to see a rear bumper with an integrated hitch...
Congratulations on an amazing build. The countless hours of thought and research into every little detail are something that I really appreciate. Great work!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice job on keeping the retro look. Fifteen52 and Detroit Steel Wheels both offer retro style steel wheels in white.

And everybody in the beginning was saying “you couldn’t wrap the tops”. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you!
I remember looking on here and on Jeep forums and reading that it couldn’t be done. Decided I needed to find out for myself- seems to be sticking just fine

Looks good, where did you get the mirror caps if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! Ordered them through dealer. Part numbers (with lamps) - M2DZ-17D743-EAPTM and M2DZ-17D742-EAPTM

Pretty awesome. Helluva Bronco!
Thanks!!

I have this exact bronco any ideas on turning the horse on the rims blue?
I just went with the overlay because it was easily reversed, but they should be paintable. Will have to see if I can find pics to be sure, but I’m assuming you could separate the chrome ring and bronco from the backside of the cap and paint them

On the photoshops….so are you thinking 37s? I’m on the fence (sas BL 2d someday)…. Engineered for 35s but hey why not? Anyway great looking project so far, well done, congrats!
Thank you! So in reality the SAS and 35s are more than capable enough for me. Definitely beyond my off-roading capability. But hey, why leave things alone? Have been watching what coil kits are coming out- so far I think I like Fox’s Performance Elite. Can install without cutting or anything too, which means easily reversed. Tires, currently leaning toward 37/12.5 Trail Blade Boss

Beautiful Bronco!
Thanks!

Last edited:

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Ordered them through dealer. Part numbers (with lamps) - M2DZ-17D743-EAPTM and M2DZ-17D742-EAPTM
Thanks! Did they come painted black? Also by "with lamps" you mean with the cutout on the outer sides right? I think they should fit my badlands with lux package then (I'll just have to confirm once it gets here :/ )

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks awesome!

Would yo mind sharing some details on the top wrap? What did you use? How difficult? Any pointers?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations on an amazing build. The countless hours of thought and research into every little detail are something that I really appreciate. Great work!
Thank you, I appreciate that. Finer details can make the biggest impact, and I try to always take my time with everything and do it right. Took that to extreme levels with my Mustang- trying to pace myself on this one

Thanks! Did they come painted black? Also by "with lamps" you mean with the cutout on the outer sides right? I think they should fit my badlands with lux package then (I'll just have to confirm once it gets here :/ )
They come in an injection molded gloss black finish. Mine had a lot of swirls and light scuffs, as well as seams. You could possibly buff them in PlasticX or something… but they may not be perfect.
So those part #s are specific to the FE… both side lamp and puddle lamp plus cam. If you’ve got a Lux you should be good

Looks awesome!

Would yo mind sharing some details on the top wrap? What did you use? How difficult? Any pointers?
Thank you. Avery Dennison was my choice of wrap. Pretty much always use their stuff because it’s very good quality. A 5’x15’ roll was plenty for the roof and the FE graphics.
So full disclosure I am not a pro vinyl installer or really even that seasoned lol. I’ve done some light work, but this was my most involved job- I’m more of a paint guy.
It wasn’t really that difficult, but certainly take your time and go slow. For starters, clean everything really well... I always go for an Iso wash. Picture zones and do it in those zones, don’t be afraid to stretch the vinyl to avoid having fingers to work out. It’s tough stuff, it can handle it.
I started with the front panels and they went smoothly. The high sections of the channels can be a little tricky where they blend out to the rest of the top- most of that can be squeegeed right out. Maybe a little heat to help if you feel. Back and sides are simple- they’re basically flat/slight contour.
The very top of the back shell is the hardest. It’s a big piece, so go slow and remember to pull it around those back corners. Most importantly, nice clean cuts on your overhang. You don’t want uneven or short spots where you tuck around edges. Hope that helps

bb7bb7

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you, I appreciate that. Finer details can make the biggest impact, and I try to always take my time with everything and do it right. Took that to extreme levels with my Mustang- trying to pace myself on this one

They come in an injection molded gloss black finish. Mine had a lot of swirls and light scuffs, as well as seams. You could possibly buff them in PlasticX or something… but they may not be perfect.
So those part #s are specific to the FE… both side lamp and puddle lamp plus cam. If you’ve got a Lux you should be good

Thank you. Avery Dennison was my choice of wrap. Pretty much always use their stuff because it’s very good quality. A 5’x15’ roll was plenty for the roof and the FE graphics.
So full disclosure I am not a pro vinyl installer or really even that seasoned lol. I’ve done some light work, but this was my most involved job- I’m more of a paint guy.
It wasn’t really that difficult, but certainly take your time and go slow. For starters, clean everything really well... I always go for an Iso wash. Picture zones and do it in those zones, don’t be afraid to stretch the vinyl to avoid having fingers to work out. It’s tough stuff, it can handle it.
I started with the front panels and they went smoothly. The high sections of the channels can be a little tricky where they blend out to the rest of the top- most of that can be squeegeed right out. Maybe a little heat to help if you feel. Back and sides are simple- they’re basically flat/slight contour.
The very top of the back shell is the hardest. It’s a big piece, so go slow and remember to pull it around those back corners. Most importantly, nice clean cuts on your overhang. You don’t want uneven or short spots where you tuck around edges. Hope that helps
Thank you very much! Very helpful. I’ve never used the stuff, so trying to figure out if I can DIY or pay someone.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just a couple small things to add; nothing real exciting just yet.

Got a set of billet Body Armor Mega D shackles for Christmas. These things are comically massive, but they fit the Bronco shape well and I had a feeling they'd look real good color-matched. Fit was actually a little tight, so I had to file the inside of both rings. Finished them up with Lightning blue and black hardware. The other D-rings will go in the travel kit, just in case...

i-xwLVcFz-X2.jpg

i-mQ3PMdV-XL.jpg

I was also fortunate enough to get a spare set of beauty rings from @TexasRanger90 and got those painted up, too. Wet sanded everything from 1000-5000 grit and polished- ready to go.

i-B6kZ7s7-L.jpg

And on...

i-KXHDbrs-XL.jpg

i-ZFjNxHh-XL.jpg

Oh yeah, and Bartact paracord handles since I'm short...

i-Sp9C5w3-M.jpg

i-Mrj6scN-L.jpg

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! How do you think it would look if the wheels were white?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks great! How do you think it would look if the wheels were white?
Thank you. Initially, when I was coming up with ideas white wheels hadn’t crossed my mind- They’re on my mind now, though. I think with everything else they’d look very at home. The SAS wheels won’t be a permanent wheel, the problem is I just haven’t found the wheel yet…

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you. Initially, when I was coming up with ideas white wheels hadn’t crossed my mind- They’re on my mind now, though. I think with everything else they’d look very at home. The SAS wheels won’t be a permanent wheel, the problem is I just haven’t found the wheel yet…
I decided to do the white thing as well (though only with white wheels, white wrapped roll bar, and white vintage script badge) and am stealing a forum member’s idea to put black center caps on Fifteen52 Analogs.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck 🍀.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I missed this the first time around, but that’s a Photo-of-the-Year candidate right there! 😍
Hey, I missed this comment entirely lol. But thank you! I'd actually like to try to recreate it again after I get some more done to the truck

Speaking of - made some time to install some Rigid 360s.

I stripped down the lights, painting the trim-rings in Lightning blue (basecoat/clear) and applying PPF over the lenses. Also swapped out all of the hardware for black stainless.

i-cLcrRFW-XL.jpg

i-pWsQCZn-XL.jpg

i-sgXWB7K-XL.jpg

To keep with the modular theme of the Bronco, I fitted the harness with plugs. This way, the lights can be swapped out at any point and the harness retained, or even swapped to a different up-fitter switch with ease.

i-dFG8zXk-L.jpg

i-Rs6THTG-M.jpg

i-jrJ4SV8-L.jpg

*I didn't grab a picture of the final routing- but it's run along and secured to the factory harness, blending right in.

I'm happy with it. Round ditch lights tie into the headlights well, IMO and the color-matched rings not only make it look a little more classy and "factory option", but play off the beauty rings, too.

i-kcMgj2c-L.jpg

i-s45FVTt-L.jpg

i-C6MwGBs-L.jpg

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bit behind on updates, so I'll probably break this up into a couple of posts.

In anticipation of the Archetype RUTS, I decided to wrap the OE trail markers to see if the new ones would look best painted white or texture powder coat. Thinking I like the white...

i-CkHBqsC-M.jpg

i-94t59ZF-L.jpg

Also added a couple of Bemaro overlays on the steering wheel/shifter to help tie the color from the door inserts into the rest of the cabin. Finished up the interior work with molle panels on the doors and center console.

i-Hz5LDWS-M.jpg

i-MbfnxvT-M.jpg

i-VjBsGZK-M.jpg

i-tJVtcBV-M.jpg

i-ftBFB8j-M.jpg

Small bag is perfect for my lug nut kit and tire deflators.

Got around to installing the factory hitch receiver and 7/4 plug. Still need to grab the module and make the harness, but one step at a time.
Also picked up a 41.22 hitch slider and color-matched it.

i-G2kqBhv-M.jpg

i-8SWQX5n-M.jpg

i-p8DD37R-M.jpg

i-BB24rPg-M.jpg

i-J6zTmCk-M.jpg

Last on the list- SVC collar spacers and Mishi's Bourne spacers. Going to run both spacers until I can make a final decision on proper coilovers and wheels/tires.

i-Xh62P22-M.jpg

i-hwQxzFt-M.jpg

i-BZtrwvK-M.jpg

i-k6kNF8j-L.jpg
Sponsored