First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Preparing to bolt up a set of RSE sliders.
If you have done this, are there any tips or helps that the supplied instructions did not cover?
Did you discover anything that could help us in our install? I'd appreciate the info. if you post it.
Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you've watched the Town and Country install video?

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes I did. Really looking for tips that might help a person in a home garage.
I am about half way to being capable.
Thank you!!

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very interested in these as well. The video didn't seem very helpful. Hopefully there is a better one out there.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I did. Really looking for tips that might help a person in a home garage.
I am about half way to being capable.
Thank you!!
Well, while I am still waiting for mine to come, I cannot give you specific tips on the RSEs, but I can tell you a technique that I used earlier when testing a set of Go Rhinos and I had just undergone a shoulder replacement a week earlier, so lifting capability was limited. The RSEs will be even more of a 'bear', so hopefully this method is helpful.

I have a nice floor jack, and some really jack stands that I used to position the slider at just about the perfect height, at one end using two stands and a board (as a bridge between them) to move it laterally into position (and not have to worry about balancing it or having it drop on me. At the other end I had the floor jack lift it to the correct height as well. Then all that was left for me was final positioning to attach the bolts and snug it up into position. Kind of a reverse lift system - since there is so much room under the Bronco I lifted the sliders instead of the truck. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Hope this helps somebody. (in case you may already have installed by now).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are scheduled to arrive last of Jan, to first of Feb.
I'm by myself so your tip will come in handy. Thank you!

ipongtreat

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-Door Bronco Badlands Sasquatch LUX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine installed about 3 weeks ago. One side would occasionally get stuck in the down position. I had my installer replace the tiny magnets that go on each of the doors with some much longer magnets. That seems to have solved the problem. Been working great for the last couple of weeks.

Here’s what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L3FVFFZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The installer also used some kind of adhesive to encourage the magnets to not shift or move around. He tried that with the stock magnets (before we switched to the longer magnets) but it was still misbehaving. The combination of longer magnets and adhesive seems to have addressed all the issues.

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent. I appreciate this as I am doing my own install.

Did they use something other than the 3M tape taht is shown?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excellent. I appreciate this as I am doing my own install.

Did they use something other than the 3M tape taht is shown?
@Happy checking back in on this as mine just showed up. I might be attempting the install next weekend. Looking at the directions my only concern is how to access the drain holes in the rubber flooring. The video's I've seen all have carpet where they simply pull it back. I am not sure if this is doable with the rubber flooring or not.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine installed about 3 weeks ago. One side would occasionally get stuck in the down position. I had my installer replace the tiny magnets that go on each of the doors with some much longer magnets. That seems to have solved the problem. Been working great for the last couple of weeks.

Here’s what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L3FVFFZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The installer also used some kind of adhesive to encourage the magnets to not shift or move around. He tried that with the stock magnets (before we switched to the longer magnets) but it was still misbehaving. The combination of longer magnets and adhesive seems to have addressed all the issues.
I assume you are talking about the door magnet not the door frame magnet/sensor as that is attached to a wire and you wouldn't be able to make any change to that magnet correct?

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Happy checking back in on this as mine just showed up. I might be attempting the install next weekend. Looking at the directions my only concern is how to access the drain holes in the rubber flooring. The video's I've seen all have carpet where they simply pull it back. I am not sure if this is doable with the rubber flooring or not.
Glad they showed up Brad.

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great you got yours! We are the last 2 door model listed on Todd's order that was posted a couple days ago. I suppose that we'll both find out about that floor plug..We will need to see the materials and full instructions.

We've been messing around with installing a radio in the Bronco and as i poke around in the under dash area I thought about the RSE step harness. There is probably more than just one way to route the harness. Best wishes as you get your sliders installed.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wash out floor pulls back just like carpet. I finished my solo install about 2 weeks ago, ask me anything. I also posted some install comments in the rockslide group buy thread.

Cliff notes version
  • Wiring harness was WAY long before it hits the branch points.
  • Get some trim removal tools, they are a life saver.
  • You will need to knock some threads off the body bolts, the washer is captive and wont provide enough clearance for the bracket.
  • A semi rigid wire is nice to fish the harness over the gas tank.
  • MAKE SURE THERE'S NO DAMAGE FROM FEDEX DROPPING IT, I didn't catch it until I tried installing and the folded bracket made me fight a lot harder than I needed to before noticing it would never go on with the bracket damage.
  • Some extra 3m molding trim tape is nice to have. If you contaminate the tape, it's done. https://www.amazon.com/3M-03609-Scotch-Mount-Molding-Tape/dp/B000BO913C?th=1
  • If you have air tools use them, there over 20 bolts per side. An air ratchet sped things up a TON.
  • It sucks to do it solo.
  • Get a friend.
  • Did I mention the solo install sucks?

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, while I am still waiting for mine to come, I cannot give you specific tips on the RSEs, but I can tell you a technique that I used earlier when testing a set of Go Rhinos and I had just undergone a shoulder replacement a week earlier, so lifting capability was limited. The RSEs will be even more of a 'bear', so hopefully this method is helpful.

I have a nice floor jack, and some really jack stands that I used to position the slider at just about the perfect height, at one end using two stands and a board (as a bridge between them) to move it laterally into position (and not have to worry about balancing it or having it drop on me. At the other end I had the floor jack lift it to the correct height as well. Then all that was left for me was final positioning to attach the bolts and snug it up into position. Kind of a reverse lift system - since there is so much room under the Bronco I lifted the sliders instead of the truck. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Hope this helps somebody. (in case you may already have installed by now).

How complicated is the wiring?
Sponsored