Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be a dumb first question, but here goes...

In many of the videos I notice flickering headlights, anybody know what causes this? Is it a fun function? Is it frame rate of the video capture? Or is it the weed I'm smokin'?
Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

In many of the videos I notice flickering headlights, anybody know what causes this? Is it a fun function? Is it frame rate of the video capture? Or is it the weed I'm smokin'?

It’s the fps on the video. ??

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part to do with the FPS, and everything to do with how LED's are dimmed.
They use a pulse Width Modulator. LED's work best at their rated power output, so to dim them, they switch them on and off at a high frequency. It's a trick that works on our eyes because we can only discern about 25FPS (like motion pictures) So when they're "on", it's at a faster frequency than we can see, so they appear dim, even though they're at full brightness when they're on. The video frame rate messes this illusion up

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry, i was referring to the roof padding seen here on the right vehicle:
E622B889-E418-4439-B9E6-729C5C02F475.jpeg

Doesnt make much sense, there isnt anything to cover up at this point. Or is there... ?
The test mules with the oversized camo top don’t actually have a top on them. The structure for those is built with some pipe and clamps you could get from a Home Depot. The outer layer is just some plastic that’s taped to the windshield. It’s an odd sight.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Hold on....
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos 1596927759830

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love to see tough trails in Moab get tackled so no one asks me to while out there in a year or so. ?

Those Ford guys could drive em like they stole em since it was for work. Can't wait to see some of you daredevils go right out there next year. Please remember to post vids when you do!

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In my 19MY SuperCab F150 with the 27L / 10 Spd combo I get 21.5MPG mix. My weight is 4,436lbs so compare to the estimated Bronco weights? I expect the weights to be similar if not lighter than the F150?
Bronco is heavier.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great videos and love to see them out in Moab! But $&#%!, take the damn doors and roof off - would look so much better! At least on one of them...

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The best part about all these crawling vids is, it’s only ONE aspect of what the Bronco can do. We haven’t seen much on the dunes or in a Baja like environment yet. We knew crawling would be it’s weakest area and I think it’s been fantastic at it!
I'm waiting for them to come East, and play in some mud holes! :devilish:

Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos 7r5tanmey3h11

Last edited: