Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

bfabpt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a reservation with Koons FallsChurch. Both TedBritt Fairfax & Koons Sterling agreed to take X-Plan. I want to join the group to get a better deal . Thank you.

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May want to take them off the list ?

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

May want to take them off the list ?
If we have 25 or more Broncos, he would change his tune. The old business rule is that as you increase volume, you can decrease margin. So, at one vehicle, the dealer can say no profit if they narrow the margin. But at 25, they make less per vehicle, but gain more overall profit through volume. The dealers know this, as do we.

Sponsored
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Canyon, 2006 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Count me in. I have my reservation with Hertrich Ford in Elkton, MD. No ADM but not sure about X-Plan yet.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm interested. I'm in North Carolina but Maryland is a heck of a lot closer than Granger. Dealers around me have been SILENT, they don't want to say anything potentially binding

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here but make sure they will match or do better than granger otherwise I'll go to granger
I want that deal as well, but I did a spreadsheet on the Grainger offer, which is very good, to see what my actual costs would be. Keep in mind you need a one way plane ticket, miles at $.55 per mile, and for me it is a 14 hour drive, so food and lodging. Not to mention time, which for me is a real factor.
Another option would be to work with Grainger on group shipping to defray those costs, but realistically for those of us in this area, we are really talking a Bronco at “invoice” or “invoice less $300” best case.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we have 25 or more Broncos, he would change his tune. The old business rule is that as you increase volume, you can decrease margin. So, at one vehicle, the dealer can say no profit if they narrow the margin. But at 25, they make less per vehicle, but gain more overall profit through volume. The dealers know this, as do we.
It's all about marketing for them. Having a lot with a bunch of Broncos being shipped in will attract attention and walk-ins. They want to be the volume dealership regionally for this. If we're able to bring 25 orders with a higher potential for delivery than average, we might get lucky and talk them into some dealer incentives on accessories or something. I'm not holding my breathe here, but I'm also not married to the randomly assigned dealership the website assigned.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's all about marketing for them. Having a lot with a bunch of Broncos being shipped in will attract attention and walk-ins. They want to be the volume dealership regionally for this. If we're able to bring 25 orders with a higher potential for delivery than average, we might get lucky and talk them into some dealer incentives on accessories or something. I'm not holding my breathe here, but I'm also not married to the randomly assigned dealership the website assigned.
Don’t disagree. There are intangibles for the dealer beyond profit. Great negotiation point. Also, since supply will be limited, the reservations will dominate deliveries. People who want to see them will need to see ours, and by seeing ours, the dealer can generate more orders for those who have to see the real article before ordering one.

Sponsored

bfabpt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealership fee here in Fairfax/Loudoun county is usually around $899/$799. Getting a 1000 under invoice (+$899) is about the same as using an x-plan (+$100). If we can get something better than x-plan pricing, that will be a good deal i think.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i've got a reservation over at apple ford in columbia.
depending on how things with covid-19 develop by late next year,
i might be amenable to granger.

if things are still dicey, i'll stay with apple

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2d Badlands reservation is a definite order/purchase.

My daily driver is a 2003 Toyota Camery with close to 300k miles. Its been through a 16 year old learning how to drive and its on its last leggs. Some tuner guy said man that car sounds good......i said thats the multiple holes and leaks in the exhaust and manifold LOL :LOL:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2d Badlands reservation is a definite order/purchase.

My daily driver is a 2003 Toyota Camery with close to 300k miles. Its been through a 16 year old learning how to drive and its on its last leggs. Some tuner guy said man that car sounds good......i said thats the multiple holes and leaks in the exhaust and manifold LOL :LOL:
I feel better now about my 2010 Fusion with 150,000 miles ?
Sponsored