Sponsored

Bronco will make our world better, and it’s worth the wait.

Who will rise up to meet the Bronco First?

• Total voters

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's also going to cost 75 grand LOL.

I think what's going to stick it in Jeep's eye is the Sasquatch on Base trim. Theoretically, you'll be able to get Rubicon capability for waaaaay under 40k in a 4 door Bronco. Base Rubicon Jeep 4 door is 43k.

Granted...They throw a lot of money on the hoods of Jeeps...But the MSRP is what makes the headlines.
One plus to the rubicon is getting a manual with it. Downside is you never see a stripped rubicon at 43 unless its ordered that way. I agree the hemi in the wrangler is gonna be stupid expensive.
Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep could steal some of the Bronco's thunder if they do end up moving forward with a V8. Just going by the sheer number of people asking about a V8 in Ford's brief Q&A session on the Bronco you can see there is definitely interest in it. However, I think going straight to the 392 is a bad choice. The 5.7 Hemi would have been cheaper and thus accessible by more customers. And lets be honest, most people want a V8 mainly for the sound and not necessarily the performance.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep: They don’t have to rise. They are on top. Will they have to get off the couch? Sure, but they rule the roost until Broncos prove they have staying power.

Toyota: A 4Runner with a 2DR version and removable roof option (while keeping solid roof version too) would be a real threat. There are very few vehicles that are just printing money in today’s market and the 4Runner is one of them. The real question for Toyota is will they hit it with an ugly stick? Probably.

GM: I guess if the Chinese want one, they could give it a halfhearted attempt.

Land Rover: They screwed the pooch by throwing away the Defender. What they did would be the equivalent of Jeep turning the Wrangler into a baby Grand Cherokee. Great vehicle, but not the same.

Subaru: This market is not weird enough for them.

Other: Suzuki or Isuzu? Not likely. Nissan? Doubtful. Kia? They are very unpredictable. You never know.
I saw my first new Defender yesterday - the thing is huge.......its beltline was at my eye level in my mom's 2020 Explorer I was in at the time.

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8387.jpg

OP
OP
Blackandbluebronco

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw my first new Defender yesterday - the thing is huge.......its beltline was at my eye level in my mom's 2020 Explorer I was in at the time.

Ford Bronco Bronco will make our world better, and it’s worth the wait. IMG_8387

Ford Bronco Bronco will make our world better, and it’s worth the wait. IMG_8387
I really want to like it especially with that front center jump seat they added. But they have been going the wrong direction for years. If they would make a poor man’s defender or something I would be down. But that ass is ugly!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Holy moly is that ugly

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a total anecdote but thought it was interesting. Insurance adjuster I talked with today is a big off-road guy, and they apparently get info before us. He asked if I had thought about a newer wrangler vs Bronco, I said I was dead set on the Bronco. He then confirmed that Jeep is indeed building the V8 wrangler, and that one of the specs he saw is 13.5” of ground clearance. I didn’t catch whether he said it was testing by the gov or vehicles that are actually provided to the insurance.

Big if true, but still taking with a grain of salt. He seemed to know his stuff though, he is a current Jeep owner and said Ford did a great job with the Bronco. ?‍♂ May be totally BSing me but interesting nonetheless.
There is literally no chance he has any idea of what he is talking about.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is literally no chance he has any idea of what he is talking about.
That was my guess too. Like I said grain of salt ?‍♂

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep: They don’t have to rise. They are on top. Will they have to get off the couch? Sure, but they rule the roost until Broncos prove they have staying power.

Toyota: A 4Runner with a 2DR version and removable roof option (while keeping solid roof version too) would be a real threat. There are very few vehicles that are just printing money in today’s market and the 4Runner is one of them. The real question for Toyota is will they hit it with an ugly stick? Probably.

GM: I guess if the Chinese want one, they could give it a halfhearted attempt.

Land Rover: They screwed the pooch by throwing away the Defender. What they did would be the equivalent of Jeep turning the Wrangler into a baby Grand Cherokee. Great vehicle, but not the same.

Subaru: This market is not weird enough for them.

Other: Suzuki or Isuzu? Not likely. Nissan? Doubtful. Kia? They are very unpredictable. You never know.
Yep, Ford has been out of the game for the last 43 years with the Bronco. I'm happy with what I've seen so far from the new Bronco, but Jeep has been in the game with real Wranglers available for people to drive. I'll wait until Ford has the same with Bronco before declaring Ford has it over Jeep.

Also Jeep just re-engineered the Wrangler 3 years ago with introduction of the JL, and they typically go on a 10 year cycle. So yeah other than V8 or something, nothing major for another 7 years or so. And then hopefully Jeep sticks with same - because it works and there are plenty of other more modern comfortable SUVs for people who want that stuff.

Land Rover? At one time they were the Jeep of the rest of the world. Series and Defender were everyday 4x4s for all manner of utility uses. Then at some point, leadership decided they needed to go the lux route, especially here in the USA. Top no longer comes off the new Defender. :( I'll hang onto my old 1972 Series III.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually think the booty on the new defenders look kinda right, but the front could use some love - would that make it a butterface? ??‍♂
Front looks like Mater got its Teeth fixed after getting Braces?

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco will make our world better, and it’s worth the wait. DE8F9678-0323-41DD-A255-7DE78D1B975E

i’m 99% in on the Bronco, but if by some Miracle they reintroduce the Subaru Brat complete with the suicide kiddie seats, up I’d Switch over so fast

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMO. Waiting for the bronco until this time next year is worth it, to me anyway. Since the bronco‘s official reveal, you know Jeep is already thinking of ways to one up Ford. The wrangler is no slouch and is Jeeps biggest money maker and we all stand to benefit with the new competition. Aside from Jeep, you also have Toyota who had a great run with the FJ. GM is so far behind it’s a joke they their touting the new hummer as being competitive. land rovers, well my pinky doesn’t extend out far enough to own one, a new one anyway. The Gladiator is a success I think, there is nothing like it on the market and for just the mix of off road and utility it’s a great piece of equipment. I just think they dropped the ball on the whole Wrangler twin but with a bed. Ford will do it better cus Ford does trucks. Don’t get me wrong, i will get a bronco, but I’m excited to see what comes of the future of adventure vehicles and the accessories we will have access to. Opinions?
I likewise feel that the Bronco will make the offroad automotive scene better around the world, because I think other companies now almost have to try to compete. The moment the Bronco comes out, FCA gets scared and releases a concept of their 392 Wrangler. Then a couple weeks later, they release the 707 HP TRX which they say is supposed to be the Raptor killer (not going to happen in a million years). Then Ford is seemingly calling FCA's bluff by bringing out a (rumor has it) 725 HP Raptor with a supercharged or turboed V8. Rumor also has it that GM is working on a new off-road vehicle. They better not call it the Blazer after they ruined that name by making it a soccer mom crossover. The point is.....the American off-road wars are just beginning and competition means good things all around for us, the consumers. Even the Europeans and Eastern nations are getting into the offroad scene now with cool vehicles. Really exciting things going on....besides COVID of course.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I actually think the booty on the new defenders look kinda right, but the front could use some love - would that make it a butterface? ??‍♂
This was my second favorite vehicle of all time. I was soooo excited when I heard they were coming to the US. Then this monstrosity showed up. It look mildly OK from the back, till you look at wheel selection that looks like they garbage picked it off a 92 grand am
Sponsored