First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I said they’re progressing the 4600 class not that they “progressing into” it. If they’re concerned about the little guy, KOH needs to make a class where factory backed teams aren’t allowed. Would you be just as mad if a rich individual spent a bunch of money on his rig and won?

That's actually occurred a bunch, even more so in the last few years. It's fully welcome, always amusing, and it generally doesn't end well for those who just show up with money. Especially since they are usually racing in 4400, which is unlimited. In any growing motorsport, rule and class changes usually take place after something like this occurs, I will not be in the least bit shocked to see it happen after this year.
Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No where does it say anything about being stock, even look at the Toyota pickup. It says factory frame, factory engine, 1 shock per corner, 35" tires, etc. Doesn't preclude modifying things.
Look deeper into the rule book. You have to run the vehicle set up as it left the factory using factory mounting points. Obviously you can modify it, but the idea is to retain a stock based vehicle. No solid axle swaps, can't change coil springs for coilovers, etc. If you go out in an IH Scout, you are stuck running leaf springs under the factory style axle. Portal boxes fell into the "it doesn't specifically say its not legal" area of the rule book apparently.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You make good points. Portal axles should not be allowed in Stock class that seems pretty obvious.
Portal Axles are not swapped for the 4600 Broncos; that’s not stock. He’s miss quoting the set up of the 4400 class because he doesn’t know Ultra4 racing.

Just another keystroke warrior on the forum; there are a ton. :cautious:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Congratulations @Ford for finding ways to exploit loopholes and beat guys in their leaf sprung Toyota Pickups and Suzuki Samurais, and by throwing more money into your 3 "factory stock" race cars with professional driving teams than the rest of the 4600 class competition, combined.
I didn't know there were rules of holding back when you are competing. Let FORD do their best in staying on top!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said they’re progressing the 4600 class not that they “progressing into” it. If they’re concerned about the little guy, KOH needs to make a class where factory backed teams aren’t allowed. Would you be just as mad if a rich individual spent a bunch of money on his rig and won?
You’ve just described the basis for all Motorsport. Rich guys with money are the ones who can afford to race, so they do. Sport wouldn’t survive without the gentleman racer.

IMSA Endurance races like, you know the Daytona 24 which ran last weekend, puts regular guys with training against full time race car drivers in the GTD series. Been this way for over 50 years and it works. Sometimes the Gents beat a pro, but not often.

In Ultra4, the pro racers are who we all want to see racing factory rigs. Then we enjoy rooting for the regular mechanics who build and race their frankenrigs; it’s awesome.

Off road racing and wheeling ain‘t for everybody, but all of you who signed up for a Bronco are in here with us, not the other way around, so catch up and figure this stuff out.

Bronco ain’t for posing for pics on Insta, it’s for doing what was done at KOH today and will be done by many of us on trails all across the terra, far away from the malls or cell service for posting to the internets.

Last edited:

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First comment got me 😃

and then quickly went downhill from there. 😀🙂😌🙃😔😫

With all the shit going on with our orders, can’t we just be happy for once?? Happy Friday everyone

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Portal Axles are not swapped for the 4600 Broncos; that’s not stock. He’s miss quoting the set up of the 4400 class because he doesn’t know Ultra4 racing.

Just another keystroke warrior on the forum; there are a ton. :cautious:
Dude just stop. You obviously have NO idea what your talking about. It’s widely known the 4600 is running portals, and yup that’s not stock. And you can’t buy them from the camburg catalog 🤣🤣😂

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ultra4 Everyman Challenge KOH 2022

Ford Factory racers placed 1,2,3 in the 4600 class at 2022 KOH! :oops:

It's official, a lightly modded 2.7 V6 IFS Bronco has the chops in the rocks and could not only survive, but win best in class at the hardest off road race in the world.

These are basically 2 Dr Badlands Broncos with light mods. No Coyote, no they are not Raptors, no they are not race cars, they're OUR Bronco! Or at least you can mod your rig to these specs if you have the coin and determination. Impressive.

This should inspire wheelers and armchair wheelers alike to get out there, catch some dirt, and enjoy nature in our Broncos.

Good times and cheers to the drivers, the Fun Haver Crew, and Ford Performance!

Holy hell these aren't even close to what you are buying off the showroom floor, nor are they lightly modified! But hey, the marketing is working!

https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../ford-performance-bronco-4600-race-truck.html

Edit: did threads get merged? Something suddenly seems off

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think they won because they ran portals, you are delusional. The biggest factor, after having robust control arms/tires and fine tuned shocks (which by the way EVERY 4600 truck trying to win has) is the driver. Pitting these pros against amateur's isn't exactly fair but if you expected Ford to offer a lottery to pick drivers to represent the brand on race day then I dont know what to tell you.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see new classes in the next year or so, regardless of these results. They literally made a class for old 4400 trucks that basically sucked too bad to win 4400 anymore (4800). I think we would all like to see more "stock" Broncos here, I think the portals didn't earn any good faith in that sense, but they are totally cool and totally allowed. Consider this, how many nearly bone stock rigs wouldn't be able to compete in 4600 because they are rocking 37's when the class limits you to 35's?

We are all here because we are Bronco fans, and I think everyone here loves that beat up leaf sprung Yota too, but anyone following the trajectory of this sport knows he wasn't winning this year. Look at the pool of 4600 rigs, there are TONs of rigs built to the absolute limit of the rules just like those broncos chassis wise. and thats fine by me!

If I were to suggest anything to Ford, I would have liked to see them run a bone stock badlands through the stock class along with the fully built-to-the-4600-limit trucks just to see how it does. Built trucks to win since you wont win without them, and bone stock just for the hell of it to see if you can finish even after the time limit. and hey, maybe they can let you or me drive that one!

Edit: by the way, you are able to change hardpoints and even the damn wheelbase! within limits. you can completely change steering hardware and everything from the frame to the ground. You have to maintain the type of suspension design, but no one type has a monopoly on upgraded knuckles, let alone portal knuckles. An SFA rig could run portal axles too. Also 74 weld is not the only source of portal hubs...

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you think they won because they ran portals, you are delusional. The biggest factor, after having robust control arms/tires and fine tuned shocks (which by the way EVERY 4600 truck trying to win has) is the driver. Pitting these pros against amateur's isn't exactly fair but if you expected Ford to offer a lottery to pick drivers to represent the brand on race day then I dont know what to tell you.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see new classes in the next year or so, regardless of these results. They literally made a class for old 4400 trucks that basically sucked too bad to win 4400 anymore (4800). I think we would all like to see more "stock" Broncos here, I think the portals didn't earn any good faith in that sense, but they are totally cool and totally allowed. Consider this, how many nearly bone stock rigs wouldn't be able to compete in 4600 because they are rocking 37's when the class limits you to 35's?

We are all here because we are Bronco fans, and I think everyone here loves that beat up leaf sprung Yota too, but anyone following the trajectory of this sport knows he wasn't winning this year. Look at the pool of 4600 rigs, there are TONs of rigs built to the absolute limit of the rules just like those broncos chassis wise. and thats fine by me!

If I were to suggest anything to Ford, I would have liked to see them run a bone stock badlands through the stock class along with the fully built-to-the-4600-limit trucks just to see how it does. Built trucks to win since you wont win without them, and bone stock just for the hell of it to see if you can finish even after the time limit. and hey, maybe they can let you or me drive that one!
No, I don't think that was why they won. After all the drama last year with Jesse Haines, I'm shocked it was allowed though. My bigger beef is the drivers, followed by the full factory backed race team, in a class that was created specifically to be a grassroots class. It was the orriginal Every Man class, and this sucks the fun out of 4600 for me.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you man!

it’s the driver skill more than the money. Put any of these haters behind the wheel of one of those stage 9 race spec Broncos and they’d still be out there right now 11 hours after the start of the race with no way possible of finding the way home.

Portals aren’t some magic and neither is knowing how to really drive, race, or wheel. It takes training and a ton of it. That’s where the money is spent.

most who enter KOH can wheel and wrench themselves. Even after several courses, I don’t think I could do it, but I’m good with that.

Wheeling is fun and if any of us drop about $20K under our Bronco, we could basically build something similar, but not equal. Even then, your asses still can’t drive for shit! Ha ha!

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond