Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Makes me want to take the same $50k and build a fully analog 4x4 with carburetor and manual everything. No chip required and will still run if the planet is ever EMP’d. Might be hard to do an EB for $50k but could build a sweet Blazer, Scout, etc.
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, I've tried to keep my head level, but now I just want to cry. Really want to go camping this Spring in my Bronco, but...... If I can salvage the year by having it to go wheel in the Summer, I'll be ok.

Can't lie that I'm getting nervous. Not a day one res, more like a day 7, but still......
What I keep my eye on is this. The people you want to do those activities with are in your lives TODAY! Go enjoy those relationships now while the “things” sort themselves out. Time is precious.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Man, I've tried to keep my head level, but now I just want to cry. Really want to go camping this Spring in my Bronco, but...... If I can salvage the year by having it to go wheel in the Summer, I'll be ok.

Can't lie that I'm getting nervous. Not a day one res, more like a day 7, but still......
7-15-2020 Reservation. At this rate, it will be 2 years before I get a build date. only 17% of production is 2-Door.

Loosing hope. Reservations are a joke unless you were able to reserve a FE.

Every time I read reporters/industry insiders say “this will be eased up by ‘23” I just thought to myself “no way they’ll definitely be full steam ahead in ‘22.” Bit too naive I guess.
I unfortunately do not see much hope for chips until the USA plants come on line. There are more ships waiting to unload in CA now than their were in November when they said they were going to fix it. A lot more, we have 114 now waiting to unload. News won't report that as it was around 80 when they were going to fix it.

Build in order of reservation before dealer stock?

You know, kinda like how Ford said they would do.
I was gullible and believed that my reservation would keep mine before dealer stock. Then when most got pushed to 2022, they put even more emphasis on allocation than reservation.

Reservation doesn't mean much at all.

Deleted member 29556

Can you pick up some other 4x4, maybe even a used Wrangler? There are only so many summers in life, don't miss out by waiting for a Bronco.

Given all the issues with Bronco and other vehicle availability and prices, so glad I didn't get rid of my older open top 4x4s.
Wise words Indeed.

Sponsored

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going to put all this on the back burner for now and let the "chips" fall where they may. I am going to take this time to continue to save and maybe by the time its built i can pay cash. Time to relax.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
not sure how these companies are going to stay in business without any product to sell. not just ford gm too. they'll need more continued bailouts from us. these chip makers really have us by the you know whats

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm might be officially out now. F this. I might just go and order me a nice little 2 door Willys Jeep with a Soft top for $35k. I actually want to enjoy my Summer and live.

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So… any scheduling this week??? 🤔

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually still have a 99 Disco, so I can and do get out camping and wheeling, just ready for my new rig.

Right now, Wranglers can indeed be found though.
I have a 01 D2 in the garage and it's looking like I need to sort a heater out there and finish the head gasket job. By the time they get to my Bronco I'll have done an LS swap.
But not buying a wrangler. No how no way.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Timing of the launch in the middle of a pandemic and supply chain disaster across all industries was terrible, but what can you do
The launch (Job 1) is planed at lease 4-5 YEARS before the actual launch. It's a complicated process that has to consider a ton of moving, timed targets. The biggest one is coordination with OTHER Ford/Lincoln vehicles that are also in development.

The "Pandemic" occurred over 2 years into the Bronco development timing plan.

EDIT: What I'm trying to say is, once the program starts, and is well along the way, you can't just stop or delay it unless it's in the very early phases. Program timing delays are common, but not so when its well over 2 years in, like the Bronco was.

Status
Not open for further replies.