Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ultra4 Everyman Challenge KOH 2022

Ford Factory racers placed 1,2,3 in the 4600 class at 2022 KOH! :oops:

It's official, a "lightly modded" 2.7 V6 IFS Bronco has the chops in the rocks and could not only survive, but win best in class at the hardest off road race in the world.

These are basically 2 Dr Badlands Broncos with light mods. No Coyote, no they are not Raptors, no they are not race cars, they're OUR Bronco! Or at least you can mod your rig to these specs if you have the coin and determination. Impressive.

This should inspire wheelers and armchair wheelers alike to get out there, catch some dirt, and enjoy nature in our Broncos.

Good times and cheers to the drivers, the Fun Haver Crew, and Ford Performance!
Why can't I find race results anywhere? šŸ¤·
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Look, letā€™s lose the fallacy of the ā€œevery day or every man wheelerā€ BS. These guys ainā€™t Joe from down the street who are racing this class. No, they ainā€™t Healy, but they ainā€™t just YOU neither.

Every single truck out there has about $50K worth of mods and custom fabrication. How much do you think a race spec safety cage costs? You canā€™t even enter if you donā€™t pass safety inspection. Why do you think that even when they roll over, they arenā€™t crushed like your old beater Cherokee or Wrangler would be since theyā€™re both terrible in crash tests?

So whatā€™s different here? Ford Factory World Class drivers. But most of these other guys are as close to pro as you come, this is why many have sponsors who pick up the tab for building these trucks; they are Trophy Trucks.

4400 class are basically race cars that cost over $400K and in the case of the Broncos, are over $1 million each, thatā€™s the class where shit ainā€™t fair and itā€™s mostly full time pros doing the racing.

Without Ford and other big sponsors, KOH isnā€™t possible, nor as popular.

So, what I really want is for all of the keystone warriors and wheelers tune in today and enjoy one of the most fun races in Motorsport.

Please enjoy!
I agree. People seem to forget this is a race for professionals drivers / teams no matter anyone they says. When you calculate out the build, R&D, and maintenance (spare parts) costs of these trucks these are million dollar plus trucks. People also forget that the teams/drivers are bringing other trucks to to pre-run. So add that cost in to.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't I find race results anywhere? šŸ¤·
Check the Ultra4 website on your PC. Race results for all classes plus qualifying are all listed.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go look back at the first KOH. And look at it now very different. Look at the Baja 500/1000 20 years ago very different. Big money sponsors intervene and races like these lose there everyman grass roots weekend warrior vibe. You want to win get a corporate sponsor and through a shit ton of money at it. Love it or hate it it's just the way it goes

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Look, letā€™s lose the fallacy of the ā€œevery day or every man wheelerā€ BS. These guys ainā€™t Joe from down the street who are racing this class. No, they ainā€™t Healy, but they ainā€™t just YOU neither.

Every single truck out there has about $50K worth of mods and custom fabrication. How much do you think a race spec safety cage costs? You canā€™t even enter if you donā€™t pass safety inspection. Why do you think that even when they roll over, they arenā€™t crushed like your old beater Cherokee or Wrangler would be since theyā€™re both terrible in crash tests?

So whatā€™s different here? Ford Factory World Class drivers. But most of these other guys are as close to pro as you come, this is why many have sponsors who pick up the tab for building these trucks; they are Trophy Trucks.

4400 class are basically race cars that cost over $400K and in the case of the Broncos, are over $1 million each, thatā€™s the class where shit ainā€™t fair and itā€™s mostly full time pros doing the racing.

Without Ford and other big sponsors, KOH isnā€™t possible, nor as popular.

So, what I really want is for all of the keystone warriors and wheelers tune in today and enjoy one of the most fun races in Motorsport.

Please enjoy!
I'm not going to keep debating you on this. But highly suggest actually looking at the rest of the guys who run 4600. There are no other big name sponsors, no professional drivers, and the vast majority of the rigs were built by the drivers themselves. Yes, this isn't their first time off road, but it's primarily enthusiasts with day jobs who race a few times a year. Last year was a first with Savy building that turd of a gladiator for Jeep, that had a very poor showing. It was just too long, and made for some good entertainment. And I know exactly how much it costs to build cages that pass tech, and when you do the fab yourself on your own stuff it's actually not that much out of pocket, the initial tooling investment isn't even that bad in the grand scheme of things. Time and consumables add up for sure, but my bender has paid for itself many times over in the 20 years I've been bending and gluing tube together.

As I said earlier, I'm glad there's big sponsor support for KOH, have been since Ford got involved, but not in the 4600. Portraying these as near stock broncos that anyone can go buy parts for and bolt on is a far, far cry from the truth.

I'll be in my garage enjoying today's main event while I turn a few wrenches. šŸŗ

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop thinking this is a stock Bronco that you can replicate through a 4wp catalog. There's probably $50k just in the front end of each of these broncos alone. There's nothing "off the shelf" up there, except for maybe the Howe trophy truck steering rack. The are required to use factory mounting points for the control arms, and that's all they did, build a mini T1 setup around the stock hard points.

They bought a podium sweep in a class that was created for the everyday wheeler to show up and be competitive in, at an even they are sponsoring. Accept it.
30k in the front end alone roughly, confirmed by the builder.

These are 150k dollar 4600 class broncos. They are fully stripped, race prepped, and built. They are gussetted, reinforced, and made better in every way. The only limits on the factory 4600 were the rule book. Budget was not a factor. Itā€™s amazing to see what they can do but thereā€™s a reason they swept the podium, no one is even competitive against them. It is a blow to the competition because thatā€™s not what the class is for. I agree the portals are ā€œcheatingā€ and hurt the classā€¦..

Howeverā€¦..

Itā€™s all trickle down. This was the test bed for OUR portals. 74 weld has portals coming that will use many stock components and cost way less.

Itā€™ll take a rear regear to match (Dana 50) swapā€¦. But thatā€™s a bad ass bronco for the massesā€¦ā€¦

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No, I don't think that was why they won. After all the drama last year with Jesse Haines, I'm shocked it was allowed though. My bigger beef is the drivers, followed by the full factory backed race team, in a class that was created specifically to be a grassroots class. It was the orriginal Every Man class, and this sucks the fun out of 4600 for me.
Naw next year some ā€nobodyā€ will show up with his home built bronco and just kill the whole class. This race shows the world what a nearly stock vehicle is capable of. Perfectly done ford!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This would have been way cooler and more impressive if it was some dude or dudette, from this forum, that built up a bronco and got on the podium.

Cool to see the stock parts of the bronco complete the course though.
There's plenty of us here capable, but you have to get your Bronco first!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are those of you $ whiners not realizing that only a couple of yrs ago, Loren Healy actually got a 2nd mortgage on his home to build a race rig and compete. Sure it does take a few bucks people, but this isn't unachievable. If you can finacially buy a house and a bronco, you COULD build a race truck and win. You might be in debt at the end of the season, but it's still attainable for the average Joe with a decent job, fab skills, and driving skills. These winning racers are just like you or I, but they have made this race their number one priority. Their focus and determination is paramount. My hats off to all the racers that competed.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Naw next year some ā€nobodyā€ will show up with his home built bronco and just kill the whole class. This race shows the world what a nearly stock vehicle is capable of. Perfectly done ford!
Likely there will be some, but i'd also keep an eye out for Wranglers, now that have a way to throw in the 392 powertrain in this "stock" class. And since everyone guts and rebuilds the rolling chassis anyway, they could make quite a rig too. And then the next year when Bronco Raptors give people a ~500 hp powertrain for their 4600 Broncos. The 4600 class is going to be getting more and more badass, so much so that they might make a sub 4600 class for the "stock" rigs that cant compete with the new "stock" rigs lol. Just like they did for the 4800 class. A 4XXX class where your rig cant have a KBB over 10 grand lol!

I also wouldn't be opposed to a class dedicated to garage builds, but it is very difficult to define the boundary of enthusiast and professional support.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Congratulations @Ford for finding ways to exploit loopholes and beat guys in their leaf sprung Toyota Pickups and Suzuki Samurais, and by throwing more money into your 3 "factory stock" race cars with professional driving teams than the rest of the 4600 class competition, combined.
Sorry but I'm confident my stock 2dr FE SAS bronco wouldn't have much trouble beating samurai and leaf sprung toyotas either. On those race courses or on trails around here or in a drag race on pavement...not ford's fault the other stock rigs are old tech junk.

MYBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1972 F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sure these drivers are considered Pro. How does everyone think they got started? There is a podcast called "Ford Bronco Talk", they interviewed Brad Lovell and Vaughn Gittin Jr in the last year. Very interesting to hear how they got started. Home grown boys, NOT born into money and racing boys.

Question: Why has no one brought a "factory" 392 Wrangler JL to the lakebed? Sure seems like that has any advantage the bronco has.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Likely there will be some, but i'd also keep an eye out for Wranglers, now that have a way to throw in the 392 powertrain in this "stock" class. And since everyone guts and rebuilds the rolling chassis anyway, they could make quite a rig too. And then the next year when Bronco Raptors give people a ~500 hp powertrain for their 4600 Broncos. The 4600 class is going to be getting more and more badass, so much so that they might make a sub 4600 class for the "stock" rigs that cant compete with the new "stock" rigs lol. Just like they did for the 4800 class. A 4XXX class where your rig cant have a KBB over 10 grand lol!
The 392 wrangler was a joke,(watch the footage and learn) these family-sized suvs don't have a chance against the short wheelbase broncos...so funny when people think 4drs have a chance at this race. This should be a huge revelation to those idiots out there that think longer and bigger is better, those school bus wheelbases are for retards. What's next, already have a seat for the co-driver ,back-seat-mechanics, and camera man....might as well pack the whole team in the back seats. šŸ¤”
True badd-ass off roader racers like Ivan Iron man Stewart race the whole Baja 1000 ALONE.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry but I'm confident my stock 2dr FE SAS bronco wouldn't have much trouble beating samurai and leaf sprung toyotas either. On those race courses or on trails around here or in a drag race on pavement...not ford's fault the other stock rigs are old tech junk.
Hey now, we stand on the shoulders of giants! we don't want Broncos to be thought of as the entitled (even if talented) millennial talking sh*t to their old tired grandpa who fought in WW2

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 392 wrangler was a joke, these family-sized suvs don't have a chance against the short wheelbase broncos...so funny when people think 4drs have a chance at this race. This should be a huge revelation to those idiots not there that think longer and bigger is better, those school bus wheelbases are for retards. What's next, already have a seat for the co-driver ,back-seat-mechanics, and camera man....might as well pack the whole team in the back seats. šŸ¤”
If limited to 35's then yes more often than not the SWB wins here. But if you think someone cant build a winning 392 4 door based 4600 class rig (which by the way is allowed to shorten the wheelbase by 3 inches) then you might get sorely disappointed. i'm saying this as the #1 IFS fanboy on this forum too. But the same goes for the 4 door Bronco. We all love KOH because it has a little bit of everything, and the winning rigs in most classes don't have 100" wheelbases anymore. The ideal wheel base, like it or not, is probably smack dab between the 2 door and 4 door Broncos once you've put a built suspension under them.
Sponsored