Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey now, we stand on the shoulders of giants! we don't want Broncos to be thought of as the entitled (even if talented) millennial talking sh*t to their old tired grandpa who fought in WW2
I keep my M422A1 Mighty Mite around just for that reason. Look it up. They are bad ass too from 1960. Nobody even knows they existed.
Sponsored

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They use to say win on sunday, sell on monday...... not anymore..... win on sunday, reserve monday feb 2022, accept delivery 2023 if your lucky

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 392 wrangler was a joke,(watch the footage and learn) these family-sized suvs don't have a chance against the short wheelbase broncos...so funny when people think 4drs have a chance at this race. This should be a huge revelation to those idiots out there that think longer and bigger is better, those school bus wheelbases are for retards. What's next, already have a seat for the co-driver ,back-seat-mechanics, and camera man....might as well pack the whole team in the back seats. 🤔
True badd-ass off roader racers like Ivan Iron man Stewart race the whole Baja 1000 ALONE.
Ivan Stewart's truck was 120" wheelbase and the 4-door Bronco has a 116" wheelbase so....?

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Think you may want to check out the spec for the 4600 race class. 35' tires, stock chassis, tranny, and motor. Only a lift and suspension upgrades to a few stages above Badlands is all they are.

Again, they not only survived, but won.
Are those mods allowed according to the rules.
Absolutely
But, Portals are not a few stages above a Badlands.
We are talking mods in the 5 digit range and beyond the scope of most if not all, DIY driveway mechanics.

Ford has done what Mercedes had been doing in F1. They threw the most money at this and of course they are going to win.

Personally, I think that has ruined the 4600 class and completely taken away from the spirit of why this class exists.
It makes it pointless for a home grown budget limited team from competing.

OP
OP
MadMan4BamaNATL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are those mods allowed according to the rules.
Absolutely
But, Portals are not a few stages above a Badlands.
We are talking mods in the 5 digit range and beyond the scope of most if not all, DIY driveway mechanics.

Ford has done what Mercedes had been doing in F1. They threw the most money at this and of course they are going to win.

Personally, I think that has ruined the 4600 class and completely taken away from the spirit of why this class exists.
It makes it pointless for a home grown budget limited team from competing.
Everyone is entitled to your opinion and all are welcome; that‘s why we have these chats in the forum.

However, Portal axles aren’t magic; said that before. Other thing about them is that they fail like crazy with the added complexity and geometry. Look at Loren’s 4400 racer with portals right now, not sure what his issue has been, but the more complex, sometimes the more prone to failure.

The 4600 class was always going to advance; that’s tech and that’s racing, nothing will stay the same.

Ultra4 is very big now and growing, so get used to accepting change. In 10 years, portals may be almost standard just as IFS is today.

So, what are you really arguing here?

Formula 1 and what Merc has done only lasts for a while, take this year, since Red Bull won it all with Max dragging Lewis in most every race. Merc may never win again. It was advancement in technology and it has pushed everyone to be better. Sometimes advancements push others out.

How about you just keep up?

Sponsored

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever hear of Lemons racing? It sounds like this is supposed to be in a similar spirit, but w/o the rules to match. Don't want big budgets dominating? Set a budget limit, enact a claiming rule (any competitor can buy a competing vehicle for $X), &/or make it so every vehicle has to be at least 5-10 years old.

It's silly bitching about winners who won by the book.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ivan Stewart's truck was 120" wheelbase and the 4-door Bronco has a 116" wheelbase so....?
Wheelbase is relative to tire size. Ivans truck didn't run 33s or 35s. And that truck was desert only, no rock crawling. Wheelbase is one thing, 4 doors is another. 4 seats in a race truck is stupid. Put 44s on a 116” Wheelbase and it will do everything a 100” wheelbase can with 37s.

Why do you think Ford chose the 100 ” wheelbase for the stock truck class over the 116”? Common sense and geometry...they wanted to win and a low-slung 4 dr, well it would be there right along side that 392 wrangler, not at the podium.

KOH proves the 2dr Bronco is king in this class, on 35s, on this course, at this event. Period.

Last edited:

MountedBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen CTR, Triumph Trident 660
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did anyone manage to get the promotion code (for 20% off accessories) offered by Ford in celebration of the 1-2-3 win?

I briefly saw it on Instagram, got excited, fired up the computer, picked out all parts I wanted, but when I went back to the phone my Instagram had already refreshed.

I should've taken a screenshot or saved the post :(

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone is entitled to your opinion and all are welcome; that‘s why we have these chats in the forum.

However, Portal axles aren’t magic; said that before. Other thing about them is that they fail like crazy with the added complexity and geometry. Look at Loren’s 4400 racer with portals right now, not sure what his issue has been, but the more complex, sometimes the more prone to failure.

The 4600 class was always going to advance; that’s tech and that’s racing, nothing will stay the same.

Ultra4 is very big now and growing, so get used to accepting change. In 10 years, portals may be almost standard just as IFS is today.

So, what are you really arguing here?

Formula 1 and what Merc has done only lasts for a while, take this year, since Red Bull won it all with Max dragging Lewis in most every race. Merc may never win again. It was advancement in technology and it has pushed everyone to be better. Sometimes advancements push others out.

How about you just keep up?
Your Post confirms my statement.

Those Bronco's are far from Lightly Modded. Easily 5 digits worth of cost and combined with labor, probably half the cost, if not more, of a Badlands Bronco.

Also, not available to the average person.

and your last sentence is just stupid.

What am I keeping up with?
I know the rules, I was not competing.
I just don't consider this as significant as others.

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone manage to get the promotion code (for 20% off accessories) offered by Ford in celebration of the 1-2-3 win?

I briefly saw it on Instagram, got excited, fired up the computer, picked out all parts I wanted, but when I went back to the phone my Instagram had already refreshed.

I should've taken a screenshot or saved the post :(
To celebrate the 1-2-3 Bronco win at #KingOfTheHammers, Ford is offering 20% off Performance Parts up to $1,000! Go get your accessories! Discount code: FORDXKOH Today – 2/12/22 http://Accessories.ford.com

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep my M422A1 Mighty Mite around just for that reason. Look it up. They are bad ass too from 1960. Nobody even knows they existed.
They are sweet! Glad someone is keeping cool stuff like this running.

Ford Bronco 🏁 King of the Hammers BRONCOS Sweep Podium in 4600 Class Everyman Challenge Race! These are OUR Spec Broncos 1644116939859

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep raced in the stock class a few years back and won also. Ford is just late to the game is all. The jeep gladiator that raced was highly modified and driven bt erik miller. So what I am saying is this has all happened before, nothing new.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, I can drive pretty fast down my road to get to work on time. And by road, I mean unpaved ungraded with sand and holes, so off road. That's close to KOH, right? :LOL: :LOL:
Sponsored