First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser UE 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those who are wondering what color Cactus Gray and Area 51 really are: I pulled Ford's color PDF ( https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf ) into photoshop to check the colors. Photoshop says Cactus Gray is a very low saturation green. Area 51 looks like a blueish cyan.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 1.52.23 PM

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 11.06.48 AM

With low saturation gray colors like these it can be almost impossible to get a photo that looks like what you see in person (something I'm familiar with thanks to my Heritage Blue FJ). Default processing in digital cameras and cell phones tries to pump up the color but is easily thrown off by lighting (especially artificial lighting). Like some of the Area 51 photos I'm seeing, all the first photos of the Heritage Blue FJs made them look baby blue, probably the processing thinking that's probably sky and needs to be a lighter bluer color. We'll really have to see these in person before we know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who are wondering what color Cactus Gray and Area 51 really are: I pulled Ford's color PDF ( https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf ) into photoshop to check the colors. Photoshop says Cactus Green is a very low saturation green. Area 51 looks like a blueish cyan.

With low saturation gray colors like these it can be almost impossible to get a photo that looks like what you see in person (something I'm familiar with thanks to my Heritage Blue FJ). Default processing in digital cameras and cell phones tries to pump up the color but is easily thrown off by lighting (especially artificial lighting). Like some of the Area 51 photos I'm seeing, all the first photos of the Heritage Blue FJs made them look baby blue, probably the processing thinking that's probably sky and needs to be a lighter bluer color. We'll really have to see these in person before we know.
Exactly, no pictures are going to suffice. We're going to need to see these in person and in different lighting conditions. Hopefully this will be possible with the Sport. I'm leaning Area 51... don't know if the Sport is available in the green too. Hope it is for y'all leaning that way.

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus Gray is definitely more green than gray (even you called it Cactus Green :LOL:). It varies based on lighting but sometimes it is a scary green. That is why is tough to pick a color at this point without being able to see in person. Ending up with a vehicle with a color I regret because I based it off online pics would not be good.

Sponsored

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Until you see it with your own eyes, nothing else matters. These computer generated images give the colors a lot of life they do not have in the real world.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone notice the new Yeti color looks Cactus Gray? I’m gonna look so cool at the mall with this hanging on the back of my new CG Bronco
63D445C8-804A-492E-84B2-EFD1B2CEE55A.jpeg
Looks like I know what to ask for this Christmas. Lol

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Until you see it with your own eyes, nothing else matters. These computer generated images give the colors a lot of life they do not have in the real world.
I'm really good if it's close to this pic, which I believe it will be. Black top for me, as it's standard on the FE.
V3FWM5ZFKREATLRFQEFKF5F4NY.jpg

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes and every device screen I own, shows the colors a bit differently. Maybe if I owned a quality color corrected monitor for photo work it would help. But bottom line will be viewing in person, and under various lighting (sun/shade/evening).

Sponsored

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
to the op , can please do the same photo shop info for the cactus gray and cyber orange and i hate to say it but for the black as well thanks in advance

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm really good if it's close to this pic, which I believe it will be. Black top for me, as it's standard on the FE.
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 V3FWM5ZFKREATLRFQEFKF5F4NY
I'm hoping it's close to this color, although my guess is it will be closer to white than this color. That's what has me hesitant about it.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping it's close to this color, although my guess is it will be closer to white than this color. That's what has me hesitant about it.
Cactus Gray has looked verything from gray with a hint of green to a pale retro mint to almost white to almost sky blue. All depending on the light, camera and image processing. Luckily, I like it in pretty much every variation.

When I bought my 10th Anniversary Rubicon, the had a special Anvil color and no two pics seemed to look the same. Area 51 I’d similar to Anvil, but maybe more blue. Who knows.

Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 A5403808-6971-4247-BBF0-1BB238760E98
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 72B68625-6BAB-4C33-9686-D7CAE87C6BEE
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 748FE9E4-F976-4DFD-A86A-60FE93D0F10E
Ford Bronco Cactus Gray and Area 51 11828F6F-DAD7-45BA-8675-26416F8046E3
Sponsored