Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the way down rear wheel lock then front wheel lock, must have been some auto pilot.
I think if it were me at the wheel it would be all weight on brake, solid panic try and hold.
Very impressive.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They should 1 up jeep and do the whole trail backwards...lol
With 360 Camera they could set a completely new standard. I think Ford is the only one with the 360 at this point.
Do the challenging trails in reverse, then do them forward and backwards with windows blacked-out. It would be a while before anyone touched that. Driver and Production Vehicle would be ready for some Hall of Fame (it might require a left-handed driver).

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish each time Ford does a test of the ilk of this one, they would do the exact same thing (or, shall we say, 'attempt to do the exact same thing') with a Jeep Rubicon. This way, we could see how these 2 vehicles stack up, head-to-head, in the infamous 'real world.'

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish each time Ford does a test of the ilk of this one, they would do the exact same thing (or, shall we say, 'attempt to do the exact same thing') with a Jeep Rubicon. This way, we could see how these 2 vehicles stack up, head-to-head, in the infamous 'real world.'
The JLUR is being driven by their mechanic. Its, a support vehicle and the only one with a winch.

Sponsored

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The JLUR is being driven by their mechanic. Its, a support vehicle and the only one with a winch.
Exactly. That's my point! The Rubicon is there, on-scene, so why not run an A/B test comparison test, head-to-head, no holds barred, each and every time Ford runs a test? Unless, of course, Ford is a'scared the Jeep will (easily) match the Bronco, maybe even beat it, in such tests? I realize such an outcome would be embarrassing to Ford, but for honesty's sake, guys, let's get this done!

We want to know: Which car should I buy? The Ford Badlands Sasquatch, or the Jeep Rubicon? The prices are pritnear the same, so we need to see these head-to-head test runoffs, unless Ford is trying to hide something?

Come on, Ford, man up and step up to the plate!

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. That's my point! The Rubicon is there, on-scene, so why not run an A/B test comparison test, head-to-head, no holds barred, each and every time Ford runs a test? Unless, of course, Ford is a'scared the Jeep will (easily) match the Bronco, maybe even beat it, in such tests? I realize such an outcome would be embarrassing to Ford, but for honesty's sake, guys, let's get this done!

We want to know: Which car should I buy? The Ford Badlands Sasquatch, or the Jeep Rubicon? The prices are pritnear the same, so we need to see these head-to-head test runoffs, unless Ford is trying to hide something?

Come on, Ford, man up and step up to the plate!
IMO i don't think Ford is trying to hide anything, if they were i doubt they would be testing out in the open like they are. But i agree with you, We will just have to wait for a 3rd party for the side by side.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With 360 Camera they could set a completely new standard. I think Ford is the only one with the 360 at this point.
Do the challenging trails in reverse, then do them forward and backwards with windows blacked-out. It would be a while before anyone touched that. Driver and Production Vehicle would be ready for some Hall of Fame (it might require a left-handed driver).
There are a lot of Instrument Rated Airline Pilots out there today with time on their hand, give the spotters remote red buttons and let the Pilots maneuver with Ford's electronics (long time Ford Stockholder here).

Toogrady

First Edition
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMO i don't think Ford is trying to hide anything, if they were i doubt they would be testing out in the open like they are. But i agree with you, We will just have to wait for a 3rd party for the side by side.
I don't think they are either. Coming from an aviation testing view point, testing is expensive and very time consuming. I can only image what their complete test plan looks like, but I am guessing they are up against a pretty tight timeline.
It looks like they are just out having fun playing with the Bronco, but Im betting that the script is written and needs to be followed. Just my guess, but I am guessing Ford is not to concerned with side by side videos, as just a quick YouTube search, Jeep Rubicon Hummer hill, and you can watch a few climb the hill. the first that populated on my search looked pretty stock.

Sponsored

Toogrady

First Edition
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are a lot of Instrument Rated Airline Pilots out there today with time on their hand, give the spotters remote red buttons and let the Pilots maneuver with Ford's electronics (long time Ford Stockholder here).
I'm one of those, and would gladly volunteer my time, for free!

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's increasingly looking to me like Ford is running very scared, and trying to hide the fact that their new car, at best, may possible equal the capabilities of the Jeep Rubicon. Otherwise, why the heck would Ford not do such head-to-head testing, especially given the fact the Rubi is already there, on-scene?

I am currently sitting on the fence, wanting to buy either the Rubicon Wrangler, or the Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, to supplement my G63.

I can't afford to wreck my $205k G63 on some rocks, but with a $65k Rubi or a Bronco Badlands, if I wreck it up on a bunch of rocks, no biggie,. Take the plates, and abandon the sucker, way out in the boondocks. Can't afford to happily do that with my G63.

OTOH, both the Jeep Rubicon Wrangler and the Ford Bronco are essentially cheap toys,, that I can afford to wreck to heck. Not so with my Merc. Don't get me wrong, though, the Rubi or the Bronco would be fun toys to abuse, and wreck the helloutof, or sure!

JetRanger

Badlands
First Name
Gwagonman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 G-63
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just get them both then, doesnt sound like money is an issue. I'm still leaning towards keeping my Jeep, i cant have both on my Army salary.. haha. Big fan of the G-Wagon!
Nope, I ain't no Bill Gates, or better yet, Jeff Bezos. Can't afford to buy both of em. That's my point: I need to know which one is 'better' off-road fun toy machine, so I can make a good decision, and buy the best rock crawler/off-road vehicle, and not some mall crawler, like my G63. Already have that, but now I need a true off-road car, made to use and abuse. No one does this sort of off-road stuff with their expensive G-wagons, cuz they simply can't afford to wreck a car that is approaching a quarter of a million bucks.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I see a new “Bronco Recovery Vehicle” decal opportunity...