Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A number of people have mentioned the stock Jeep Wrangler Rubicon performed similarly to the Bronco, how roughed up was it upon completion?
There's this... Not an official test and I dunno if it made it thru or not. Doesn't really show it trying the difficult sections
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My

where did you get those numbers from? Because a super crew 4x4 ranger weighs 4,441 and it is mostly steel. The bronco has more aluminum. I would assume the weight to be closer to the wrangler which does weigh less at 4,439 ( 4 door jl rubicon ) That’s from googling the curb weights
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/

Click any model and scroll down to specifications.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I am guilty of always recording vertically but that's because its easier to hold the phone in one hand and a beer in the other .

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah wow that thing is heavy. Jeep for the win on that lol the base 2 door bronco weighs 200lbs more than a base 2 door wrangler that’s crazy. Oh well the bronco is still better but heavy I guess
This is true but, the 2 door Bronco is larger, has a hard top roof, AC and some other stuff. Unfortunately with all of the mandated safety ratings and crash testing the days of old lightweight scoots is pretty much over.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d love to see them here but I’m not sure Katemcy or Wolf Caves would make them look very good. Tons of traction but tight and technical. I mean there’s mild trails there but when you’re on those you’re not really wheeling these places.
Would be crazy to take a vehicle like these there without a winch. I’d assume they would get hung up ALOT and those body panels would get Thrashed.

Doubt Hidden Falls would be worth it. Trees would be a good one but don’t know how organized those guys are these days.
I mean it would be good imagery and if it could be done. Just wouldn’t be truly “Wheeling it”

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos aKxrMbW_700b

I still say something is up. You dont field test with all that crap on it ‘just cause’

theyre hiding something....
Looks to be the same cover as the one the turn assist video. May just be thinking too hard about this.
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos 8BC38818-419C-436A-95C7-DBD2326CA538

david

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3L Bronco with manual transmission goes reverse up Hummer Hill (37 degree incline) at Moab.

That’s the 35” Squatch? These videos are making it hard for me to choose between 33” ATs and going Squatch. Jeep Rubicons look fine with 33” and that’s likely all I really need and would prefer AT over MT but aesthetically the 35’s look nicer on the Bronco. I haven’t seen a good comparison yet of the 33’s even though I’ve watched these vids of the 2 door and 4 door softtop

FL Trucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s the 35” Squatch? These videos are making it hard for me to choose between 33” ATs and going Squatch. Jeep Rubicons look fine with 33” and that’s likely all I really need and would prefer AT over MT but aesthetically the 35’s look nicer on the Bronco. I haven’t seen a good comparison yet of the 33’s even though I’ve watched these vids of the 2 door and 4 door softtop
Not Sasquatch and it's 33" tires on the reversing Bronco.

You can see Sasquatch with 35" in the climbing/descending video - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...squatch-fans-steep-climb-descent-action.3623/

Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
glad to see they are testing with 33's that shows that you don't need 35's to be a very capable rig.

david

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not Sasquatch and it's 33" tires on the reversing Bronco.

You can see Sasquatch with 35" in the climbing/descending video - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...squatch-fans-steep-climb-descent-action.3623/
Ford Bronco Videos & pics: Even more Bronco prototypes converge on Moab + Rock Crawling Videos E30C3EF6-FFE2-40C6-9A48-7A58FB0260F9

ahh I had thought the 4door hardtop was Squatched but you are right this one isn’t! I feel like I will always have inferiority complex to not Squatch but 33’s are fine for me and already have most of the features with Badlands anyway and guess I could always go aftermarket fenders later. Would be a harder decision if they offered AT on Squatch stock or if I see both in person or better pics comparing.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any mention about disabling the airbags while off road or what actually causes the airbags to deploy?
I know with the FJ they had an off button as an option because the roll over sensor could trigger at extreme angles.

Last edited:

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's this... Not an official test and I dunno if it made it thru or not. Doesn't really show it trying the difficult sections
She got high centered and had to get pushed off by a bunch of guys....
Sponsored

Last edited: