bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, this represents a tiny sliver of the market. Probably smaller than people who want to drive manual sports cars like myself, for example. Look at the new Supra. Even the new 3 and 4 series bimmers don't offer a manual option, save for the upcoming M's.
that is the case, a small section of the market. But it is that section of the market that drives sales by giving the Bronco a reputation. It is the same with Jeep. If the Jeep couldn't perform off road, it would not be a popular mall crawler. It is the builders, the hard core, that gives reputations of capabilities to Jeep, or other similar vehicles, and that reputation that is earned is what drives sales and keeps a model alive.

Without appealing to that very critical segment, the Bronco will never take off.[/QUOTE]
You mean like the rotary engine in my picture? People like me spend tens of thousands of dollars, and have been for decades on rotaries. Millions of views on YouTube, racing pedigree, big horsepower, from a small part of the market, and yet Mazda ain't bringing it back no matter how many rumors come out. Why? Emissions and reliability that the majority of the market cares about. Or in the Bronco's case, 4 doors and power everything. I'm a hardcore guy too, but like Nickp says, it just doesn't make financial sense unfortunately.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
jimmy and BBos, I get the frustration. I think Ford has determined that having two stripped down manual door/lock vehicles is just not going to work and they cannot compete with Jeep. Remember that when people think badass Jeep they aren’t thinking about a Sport manual everything, steel wheels, and open diffs. You’re going straight to Rubicon. But they are going after Jeep directly for Sport S and above trims, and aim to beat them.
Just like the possibility for a limited edition or whatever version with the 5.0 or the raptor version, I would say there is a reasonable possibility for a stripped down manual everything version, but not right away.

Mainstream first to gain sales momentum.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just like the possibility for a limited edition or whatever version with the 5.0 or the raptor version, I would say there is a reasonable possibility for a stripped down manual everything version, but not right away.

Mainstream first to gain sales momentum.
Totally possible. They’ve got a lot of opportunity with the Bronco for sure!

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will the aforementioned BroncoBronco Raptor/Tremor be available right away, or are people going to wait another year or two for that, and will Ford tell us? We know the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" is coming first by at least a few months, but what about the other supposed Bronco theme ("branded") models, or the limited editions or whatever those other regional names were?
This is my biggest question. If there is going to be a Raptor Bronco, that's the one I'm going to be buying. Any idea when we are likely to get any official word on it, relative to when the regular broncobronco is revealed?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s almost impossible to build a wrangler sport into something better than a rubicon for the price. The transfer case and axle regear, Dana 44 front AND rear axle, differential air lockers, rock rails, fenders, and WAY better tires/wheels and the mild lift is easily going to cost more than the premium for a rubicon would cost from the factory.

plus rubicon takeoffs have value if you want to upgrade to one tons/etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I will buy a mid level BroncoBronco until the badass mofo Raptor version comes out. Or buy at GT500 in 2021, keep the F-150, and in 2023 or 2024 buy the Raptor Bronco and have that and a GT500. I think my decision is made.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want to talk about buying used axles and parts to build it, and build it yourself while waiting for great deals sure you could technically. But 99.9% of people are not doing an axle swap or regear themselves, they’re going to pay a shop which is going to be a shit ton of money. The expectation that Ford will build a Bronco for the .01% is unrealistic.

Especially because let’s be honest, if you’re doing all this you’re buying the vehicle used anyways so Ford does not care about you one bit.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm all for there being options, but I have to agree with Nickp. The very small amount of people that want all manual stripped out everything is not going to make it worthwhile to develop for Ford for a new vehicle. If everything has power windows they don't need to find a place on the door for a crank, etc. Targeting the equivalent of a Sport S with such crazy luxuries as Air Conditioning seems like a totally reasonable place to aim as the base, especially if they can undercut them a bit on price. Jeep has always had the base Sport so they can't get rid of it as easily as Ford can just...never have one

I feel like people building hard core trail rigs are going to want the 2.7 over the 2.3 anyways, no? You're not going to get that in the base stripper model.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BEV? Sorry for the dumb question.
Im guessing when you state the price as slightly over a new JL, I am assuming a JLU Rubicon (40-50k)
Electric. Fully Electric. no IC engine. Gotta plug it into your house during the evening.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Electric. Fully Electric. no IC engine. Gotta plug it into your house during the evening.
Aka "Battery Electric Vehicle" -> BEV

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not opposed to a BEV Raptor version. That would be unique for sure.
Sponsored