First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I deleted this comment since I was thinking outloud and found myself accidentally writing it, but I’ll keep it since it’s even more relevant now.

huh

Correct. However, the data points in this case are contrived from unknown variables since we don’t know the conditions i.e. altitude, climate, octane, elevation gain +/-, tire pressure (tpm sensor is inactive in the photo), actual avg speed, factory camber/toe, payload, tire sz, transmission, engine displacement, custom gearing etc.

How about we just wait on the EPA to push out official numbers since I’m pretty sure this is not how they analyze the data.

All this type of discussion does is freak people out and now I feel like I’m only adding fuel (pun inended?) to the fire so I’ll cool it.

Last edited:

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mpg of the 2.7l Bronco is something I've been wondering about, I don't really care, I tend to drive quickly and get poor mileage, but there's not much else to do right now about the Bronco. A 2020 F150 XLT v6 crew cab, short bed, 4wd supposedly weighs around 4900+ lbs, yes, I know it varies quite a bit with options. A 2.7l eb F150 I think is 20 city, 26 highway, which in my humble opinion is pretty good. Supposedly a new Bronco 4 door will weigh somewhere from 4700 to 5300 lbs, if I get one, it'll be closer to 4700 than 5300. The aerodynamics of the new Bronco and the F150 are probably similar; both pretty poor. The new Bronco will have a bit smaller frontal area, so I'm guessing the Bronco 2.7l mpg's will be somewhat similar to the F150 2.7l. I'm talking the smaller tired versions of the new Bronco. I'm sort of dismissing all personal experiences, driving habits, etc., just government test mpgs (yes, I know, a very flawed method, but it's still a recognized standard) from one current vehicle to a future vehicle with similar weight, aero, and an almost identical engine.

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about we just wait on the EPA to push out official numbers since I’m pretty sure this is not how they analyze the data. All this type of discussion does is freak people out and now I feel like I’m only adding fuel (pun inended?) to the fire.
Oh sure, wait for the only thing potentially less relevant than a random screenshot as far as real world driving is concerned. ?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree.....The low & proper gearing keeps The mileage up, but the extra weight of the tires doesn’t help
Yeah proper gearing will help. My 4Runner is stock gear, not tailored to the 33s. But that rotational weight is a bugger efficiency. I’m hoping for better mpg than what I’m getting. Should be hard to do that though.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread ??‍♂

There are so many unknown factors here; all this speculation is seriously pointless.
....yet here we are ....5 pages later

SCH

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mpg of the 2.7l Bronco is something I've been wondering about, I don't really care, I tend to drive quickly and get poor mileage, but there's not much else to do right now about the Bronco. A 2020 F150 XLT v6 crew cab, short bed, 4wd supposedly weighs around 4900+ lbs, yes, I know it varies quite a bit with options. A 2.7l eb F150 I think is 20 city, 26 highway, which in my humble opinion is pretty good. Supposedly a new Bronco 4 door will weigh somewhere from 4700 to 5300 lbs, if I get one, it'll be closer to 4700 than 5300. The aerodynamics of the new Bronco and the F150 are probably similar; both pretty poor. The new Bronco will have a bit smaller frontal area, so I'm guessing the Bronco 2.7l mpg's will be somewhat similar to the F150 2.7l. I'm talking the smaller tired versions of the new Bronco. I'm sort of dismissing all personal experiences, driving habits, etc., just government test mpgs (yes, I know, a very flawed method, but it's still a recognized standard) from one current vehicle to a future vehicle with similar weight, aero, and an almost identical engine.
That’s what I was thinking when I posted the pic from my dash on the F150. I’m new here and wasn’t trying to state any facts just info from something that has a 2.7, is 4x4 and isn’t incredibly aerodynamic. What I do know is that my F150 MPG display can give wildly different results based on driving habits, idling etc.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My opinion is that if you're buying a 50-60k vehicle you shouldn't be worried about gas mileage.

That's not a particularly extravagant budget. The average new car is about 40k these days

What if someone is more annoyed that low mpg and a small tank mean you're all of a sudden best buds with the guy who works at the gas station

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So it’s not a Prius...thank God!?

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apples to oranges I know but this is what my F150 2.7 4x4 3.73, says on the display. I reset it at my last oil change. Combination of city traffic, a bunch of idling, and one trip from So Cal to Utah.
1597012138945.jpeg
have u seen the hybrid model f150? 700 miles
Sponsored