Modular Hard Top question

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question in regards to the “Modular Shadow Black-painted hard top” : Is it only the paint that is different or is it in two separate pieces “Modular” I guess what I am asking, what do they mean by modular? Different then standard (other then color?) Still not sure if I plan to update that with my color selection of Area 51. Maybe change to C. Orange..
Thanks!
Sponsored

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question in regards to the “Modular Shadow Black-painted hard top” : Is it only the paint that is different or is it in two separate pieces “Modular” I guess what I am asking, what do they mean by modular? Different then standard (other then color?) Still not sure if I plan to update that with my color selection of Area 51. Maybe change to C. Orange..
Thanks!
Modular hard top is in pieces. Essentially "t tops"over front row, 1 piece over second row, and then the clamshell. From what i read, they can each/all be removed independently leaving several options.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Modular hard top is in pieces. Essentially "t tops"over front row, 1 piece over second row, and then the clamshell. From what i read, they can each/all be removed independently leaving several options.
Thanks

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks!
Any idea how much the modular hard top option would cost?

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are we sure the modular top has 2 pieces over the driver/front passenger? Similar to Jeeps Freedom tops? I like the idea of the versatility of the modular top but thought the piece over the driver/passenger was one removable piece, second row was a removable piece and then the clam shell in the back. Talking 4-door. It would be great if they were in 2 pieces over the driver/passanger

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are we sure the modular top has 2 pieces over the driver/front passenger? Similar to Jeeps Freedom tops? I like the idea of the versatility of the modular top but thought the piece over the driver/passenger was one removable piece, second row was a removable piece and then the clam shell in the back. Talking 4-door. It would be great if they were in 2 pieces over the driver/passanger
In one of the Instagram videos posted within the last 30 min in another thread it shows a 4 door with only the piece above the driver removed. The piece over the passenger side was still on.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a couple pictures of the testing Broncos (I think in Moab) where only the drivers side top is off so I think that is all but confirmed

Edit: Beaten to it ^^

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess I need to go watch some Moab vids, err, I mean do some research

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Both of these are the MIC tops. Black is 2-door, cactus grey is 4-door. You can see the split over the driver’s & front passenger seats. I’m somewhat confused by the different top characteristics. I’ll be glad to see some additional details released to eliminate the confusion.

04A8F008-3AAA-4E2E-9B65-D1F9D0EA224C.jpeg

8F4DD1E2-4661-4612-BD31-A9F8F2463A51.jpeg

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both tops, MIC and painted tops have the same basic characteristics.

- Removable panels over the driver and passenger seat
- Removable panel over the rear seat on the 4 door
- Main section that can be removed

Then there are a couple additional options available

- Removable side windows
- Removable panel on main section of 2dr painted roof.
yes this.
i would love to see a modular with the rear windows out.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Both of these are the MIC tops. Black is 2-door, cactus grey is 4-door... I’m somewhat confused by the different top characteristics.
BC...I've been following info on the MIC top pretty closely. From what I can tell there have been at least two changes - so when you look at a photo/CGI, there's no way to tell when/where in the evolutionary process that particular prototype top fits.
  • Initial prototype tops were produced in Germany
  • At some point, production equipment was moved to the US
  • ~2 or so months ago the MIC top color spec was changed slightly
@ 2 weeks ago, Ford's colorizer transitioned from showing body-colored tops to the MIC...so I assume the MIC top they're showing now is the final product

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope on the 4 door you will be able to remove the rear section, and leave the front 4 sections attached
Sponsored