Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It really is different. Very easy to spot the difference in pictures as well.
Yeah, it's definitely different as @Ksjrb03 said.

Everglades fender flare won't be compatible with the "normal" Bronco fenders and vice versa.
Interesting and sucks at the same time.

No easy way to go “Heritage”, and no way at all for a two door. Heck, even a four door would have to add a snorkel or fill in the hole in the passenger front fender.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Coming to a dealer near you in 2024. But seriously, how can they be seriously be coming out with not 1, but 2 special edition trims while so many day one reservation holders still don't have their regular trim Broncos? I get the product was planned way before all this but I'm sure they coulda pushed this one back a little until production started going smoother.
You have to wonder if Ford is seeing higher cancellation rates from non-enthusiast reservation holders, those that saw the Bronco revealed or after and wanted one. When those potential customers realized Ford can't deliver, they moved on, even if they did not cancel their reservation.

Now, you've heard the saying "there's a sucker born every minute", Ford knows that and since they can't sell Broncos (not many anyway) they decided to SELL HYPE, to keep the flow of non-enthusiast suckers going.

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More than 3 feet, I presume!?
Yeah... lol... the submerged road was about 20 inches under, until the (unmarked) pump sucked all the sand and gravel away, then that section went to about 6 feet deep...

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah... lol... the submerged road was about 20 inches under, until the (unmarked) pump sucked all the sand and gravel away, then that section went to about 6 feet deep...
Is there an updated spec for water fording?

Sponsored

Chinook

First Name
Ford Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Coming to a dealer near you in 2024. But seriously, how can they be seriously be coming out with not 1, but 2 special edition trims while so many day one reservation holders still don't have their regular trim Broncos? I get the product was planned way before all this but I'm sure they coulda pushed this one back a little until production started going smoother.
Enough with the special editions and raptor, build the ones we ordered first.

• Angry
Reactions: jon

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enough with the special editions and raptor, build the ones we ordered first.
It said the Everglades is only available to reservation holders, maybe you can change your order if you aren't past the VIN blend date?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It said the Everglades is only available to reservation holders, maybe you can change your order if you aren't past the VIN blend date?
Very unlikely they would allow any changes after a VIN

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very unlikely they would allow any changes after a VIN
I said if you ARENT past your VIN blend date you can change to an everglades. At least the article mentions its only available to reservation holders...

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It seems like water fording is the riskiest of the "terrains" (can you call water a terrain) because you cant see what you're driving on! Especially if you're the first car.

However, my mother in the 1960's loved fun and multi-terrain cars. First there was the Triumph-based Amphicar, which was quite fun around town, or at the lake when I was 12 or so . . . I'd suggest this might do well as a water fording car . . . No snorkel needed! When the novelty wore off, the Amphicar was traded for a 1967 Scout, the first 4wd vehicle I drove, on the beach!

SmartSelect_20220210-183952_Google.jpg

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, basically, it's a Black Diamond at a Badlands price.

From the specs, it looks like it's not even available with the V6 engine, making it the only version of the Bronco that is stuck with no option other than the 4-cylinder 2.3.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
much better fenders than braptor disaster.....graphics needed to be gator pattern along bottom of door and green should have been reserved for this only with the tan a new color for standards broncs.... and i would have called it the gator edition....my 2 cents

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford screwed the pooch with the Everglades.

Colors - The Limited Edition Colors should have been a choice of either Florida State Seminoles' Gold and Garnet Red or Florida Gators' Blue and Orange.

Seat Covers - Alligator Hide Leather or a colorful Seminole Textile weave

Leather Covered Steering Wheel - Snakeskin! Python Snakeskin!

And a portion of Ford's profits from each Bronco Everglade sold goes to....wait for it.....Everglades Water, Plant and Wildlife Restoration. The Everglades is dying and not enough is has been done to stop destruction for the last 50 years.

Ford blew a perfect PR opportunity. Blew it.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, basically, it's a Black Diamond at a Badlands price.

From the specs, it looks like it's not even available with the V6 engine, making it the only version of the Bronco that is stuck with no option other than the 4-cylinder 2.3.
No other option....???

Or the new norm (2023 and up)...???

tenor.gif

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No other option....???

Or the new norm (2023 and up)...???

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability tenor
I hope that's not to become any kind of new normal.

Every other Bronco, except the few highest-level versions, gives us a choice between the 2.3-liter four-cylinder or the 2.7-liter V6. The Wildtrak, First Edition, Raptor, and DR don't give us a choice, but the one engine offered is a premium engine, not the bottom-of-the-line engine.
Sponsored