Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No other option....???

Or the new norm (2023 and up)...???

tenor.gif
I know you are stirring the pot with such a supposition. But it certainly would streamline production at MAP. They could always bring back the 2.7 for MY'25.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also it’s not like Ford is trying to not build everyone’s Bronco. There’s a realistic limit of what can actually be built. They know what will keep the lines moving and what won’t. That’s why you see people with no reservations getting their Bronco. If they only focused on everyone’s specific order they wouldn’t make much progress building any Broncos. Same goes with these special editions and why they really are limited, they allocate a rough buildable amount and that’s all you get. They weren’t shy about explaining how surprised they were everyone was going for top trims. Hence why you see so many Big Bends and Outer Banks. They expected those to be the big bulk. It’s not to excuse Ford but damn I feel like people don’t understand how a business has to work.
Yes, the Big Bend is the least desirable trim, but acting as if the Base, Black Diamond, or WildTrak is anything more capable/desirable than an Outer Banks Sasquatch is ridiculous. If anything the Outer Banks Sasquatch is has the potential for more capability than anything other than the Badlands and First Edition.

There is nothing other than the washout floors and manual transmission that you can't duplicate with the Outer Banks trim in lower trims. The Outer Banks Sasquatch is equal to the WildTrak and just below the First Edition and Badlands trims. Everything else is behind the OBX.

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know you are stirring the pot with such a supposition. But it certainly would streamline production at MAP. They could always bring back the 2.7 for MY'25.
Just wait for the 2023 Ranger options update...

I mean, the 2022 only has the 2.3, right???...

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability tenor

Possible good news... Hybrid option.

I mean, I know the Bronco "just came out", but really, it was delayed... Heck, still is... 😂

I'd say they wanted to keep it in line with Ranger refreshing...

tenor.gif

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love the tan, love the wheels, like the roof rack and can live with the other features. The price for a fully loaded BD isn't bad at all.

Unfortunately I HATE that $%#@*^! Ford can't get their shit together and build two doors???????

It is beyond me that they just keep pushing 4 doors and forget all about the 2 door models. Maybe it's just me but the 2 doors are just right.

Oh yah: they can't deliver reservations but they can start pushing special editions. It is just sad.
I have a special edition... It's the Delivered Edition. :p

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That winch alone is $3500
If you believe that it's worth $3500, then I have some swamp land I would like to sell you. That set up is NOT worth $3500. On a 2.3 liter Bronco, I could have a better setup for under $900 - and before you shit on Rough Country and Harbor Freight, you might want to actually take a look look and do some research.

Reactions: jon

Sponsored

MeanGreen

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope that's not to become any kind of new normal.

Every other Bronco, except the few highest-level versions, gives us a choice between the 2.3-liter four-cylinder or the 2.7-liter V6. The Wildtrak, First Edition, Raptor, and DR don't give us a choice, but the one engine offered is a premium engine, not the bottom-of-the-line engine.
Well, until the hybrid option is announced...

Just seems like the 2.7 isn't working out as expected? And probably complicating things...

2.3 keeps it easy like Ranger.

3.0 is for Ranger Raptor and Bronco Raptor.

Hybrid option for Ranger 2023 makes it to Bronco 2023, along with new instrument cluster, squared fenders...

tenor.gif

CookinWithGas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Farm trucks
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t know about this one. Obviously I am a fan of the squared off front fenders, but I feel like the rear door messes things up because it was designed for the curved arches.

Hopefully one day they square the fenders on the 2dr.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the Big Bend is the least desirable trim, but acting as if the Base, Black Diamond, or WildTrak is anything more capable/desirable than an Outer Banks Sasquatch is ridiculous. If anything the Outer Banks Sasquatch is has the potential for more capability than anything other than the Badlands and First Edition.

There is nothing other than the washout floors and manual transmission that you can't duplicate with the Outer Banks trim in lower trims. The Outer Banks Sasquatch is equal to the WildTrak and just below the First Edition and Badlands trims. Everything else is behind the OBX.

I don’t even what you’re trying to say from what I posted. I never said anything about capability. I just said Big Bends and Outer Banks are the two generic hot ticket items Ford had predicted would be selling. Seeing how your Outer Banks was delivered November 19th I mean that seems to line up.

Besides for Badlands, every model with Sasquatch is an equal contender. That’s the point of the Sasquatch package.

Mirunner

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 or 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This appealed to me at first until I started looking more into what it offered. Ultimately, I wanted a BD with the high package. I thought this had it until I found out it was just the 12 inch screen. I have a BL on order just for the high package over the black diamond. For the black diamond having rock crawl goat mode, it seems like it should have been able to get the high package. Another reason that I wouldn't get this trim is for the engine. I know 2.3 is a proven engine. However, I have read and have heard, that if you want to lift and put 35's on it, 2.7 is the way to go. I have rode in a BL with SAS in TN with Shelby Hall, and the 2.3 seemed fine, but I still would want the 2.7. For what is put on this vehicle, I will wait for my BL, even if it may be another year or two.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the wheels and colors. Don't like the graphics on the front fenders, and I don't need a snorkel.

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A model For those who want to play in the water. Or who have the money and like the look. I think this is the first model with both front and rear lockers, but NO sway bar disconnect for the rock crawlers. And, of course, no infinitely adjustable leather electric seats. Where in the USA is water fording a thing?

Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability tenor
More common than you think. (Pissed wife is an option (not recommended))
Ford Bronco Official Debut: Everglades Bronco: Specs, Video, Photos, Pricing, Availability 81DFBDF2-2A04-4249-8FA9-B9295C97236D

CashOfLegend

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2009 Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You don't need a snorkle...until you do! I've swamped a few jeeps over the years...no fun. They do work if you install them properly...gotta make sure all is tight and silicone up any gaps. Make sure ASS is disabled before going in the washout, and if DONT TOUCH THE START BUTTON if it dies!
20200705_153340.jpg
IMG_36351.jpg
Yup. Snorkels are the winch of water. You don’t go out with the intent of using them, but when you need them they are invaluable!

orange_methodology

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I extended my breather tubes from the axels, which is what it appears ford did to make the everglade rated at deeper water fording. What i was alluding to is, I don't need an air intake snorkel (the everglades doesn't need one for fording water either, really, they're for capturing clean air up out of vehicle dust clouds) but if the new snorkel is actually water tight, since most aren't, it will really only protect it from extended bow wave action while fording long stretches of water, right? And with all the bends in it, it must sap some power... Seems a little silly, if it's really just kinda for looks... its not even that good looking of a snorkel imo. But it's cool that ford is doing fun things with the Bronco tho...
Here's a good article where Jamie Groves, Bronco engineering manager and Paul Wraith, chief designer for Bronco go into detail about the intent of the Everglade's snorkel.

The tldr is that it's for water and more importantly extremely dusty, muddy, sandy, and snowy (think blizzard) conditions.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rglades-snorkel-chicago-auto-show/6704608001/

Some excerpts from the article:

"The snorkel is where we're drawing air to feed the engine. Engines need a lot of air to breathe, basically, to combust the fuel you put into the engine," Groves said. "You draw a lot of air in, especially with these high-powered, turbo-charged engines. So normally that air comes in through the car grille openings in the front of the vehicle. On the base Bronco, the '21 model year Bronco, we've got a very high inlet through the grille that helps us get through deep water. The snorkel just takes that to the next level."

Even though the base Bronco can wade in almost 3 feet of water, navigating a riverbank can still create hazards, Groves said. The first thing that goes into the river is the nose of that truck, so even if a driver can make it across the flat part of the river, if you "nose in" and dunk the intake to the engine that's behind the grille, straight into the river, you've just sucked water into the engine.

"Engines don't like water. You can destroy an engine in two seconds by pulling a bunch of water into the air intake," Groves said. "That's a really catastrophic failure we're avoiding with the snorkel. You move that intake way up high, above the driver's head basically, even if you stick the nose of the truck right down into the river when you're driving into it, you're not going to seize the engine."
"What we've got with our snorkel is quite original," Paul Wraith, chief designer for Bronco, told the Free Press. "You think a snorkel is all about wading, like a swimming snorkel, right? But it's actually even more useful driving in dusty and snowy conditions, where you want the vehicle to ingest clean air."

How air is drawn into the vehicle depends on the direction of the snorkel. So while the intake faces forward when it emerges from production, the head can actually be adjusted to face forward or rearward.

"I've never seen anything like it myself, to be able to change the intake on the front or the back," Wraith said. "If you're driving in clean air, you'd want the front snorkel open, like when you're driving down the freeway. If you're driving in snowy conditions, like a blizzard, that intake would just fill up with snow. You want to draw the air in from the rear. And if you're driving in really dusty conditions, as you know the back of your vehicle gets covered in dust and the front of the vehicle is really clean, you want it to intake air from the front. This is something high-end, elite snorkels do."

The Bronco snorkel is best turned rearward to avoid pulling in mud that's flying above the front tires or sand for drivers "shooting rooster tails out in the dunes," Groves said.
The article contains other good info on the Everglades.

S Q U I N T S

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2022 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is a brilliant platform. I have a badlands on order but I think i would've used this as my base platform instead. My Jeep JKU was a base Sport because I wanted to replace just about everything that said MOPAR on it. This is an innovative base platform unlike anything else. It is an outstanding frame for someone trying to build a "bug out" vehicle. It is not necessarily for the mechanically inclined that can do all the work themselves but that is a small percentage of Bronco buyers. Highly capable, strong underside, Sasquatch package, rack, snorkle and winch is a solid plaftorm. It might not be yours but it is a great base for many. If its in stock, its the greatest innovation yet!

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a good article where Jamie Groves, Bronco engineering manager and Paul Wraith, chief designer for Bronco go into detail about the intent of the Everglade's snorkel.

The tldr is that it's for water and more importantly extremely dusty, muddy, sandy, and snowy (think blizzard) conditions.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rglades-snorkel-chicago-auto-show/6704608001/

Some excerpts from the article:

The article contains other good info on the Everglades.
fantastic article, thanks!
Sponsored