Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Evening all bronco fans,

Im getting ready to order my bronco but have been reading the nightmare stories about Adjusted Dealership markups and bronco's being marked up 20-40% in general.

I'm trying to finance an outer banks sas package 2.7L with a Lux package, i'd like to get it MSRP if possible, but what other tips and tricks are there to buying the bronco without being cheated or "surprised" with additional charges.

To add to this, I've seen some "document charges" going for $1400 which is ridiculous.

Any tips and info are helpful!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just have to get written agreement on final pricing that is signed by you and the sales representative (usually the sales manager).

Not just a sheet that lists the MSRP price... but a sheet that lists final sales price and includes documentation fees, taxes, any dealer-installed accessories, etc. Most dealerships will write this agreement using a purchase agreement or a buyer's order form, and it is tied to your specific order. If you make changes to your order, or you get bumped to 2023... you'll have to draft and sign a new agreement.

A lot of dealers will say it is impossible to draft up an agreement and agree on pricing until you get a VIN. And when those words are uttered, that's your cue to walk out and go to a different dealer.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
You just have to get written agreement on final pricing that is signed by you and the sales representative (usually the sales manager).

Not just a sheet that lists the MSRP price... but a sheet that lists final sales price and includes documentation fees, taxes, any dealer-installed accessories, etc. Most dealerships will write this agreement using a purchase agreement or a buyer's order form, and it is tied to your specific order. If you make changes to your order, or you get bumped to 2023... you'll have to draft and sign a new agreement.

A lot of dealers will say it is impossible to draft up an agreement and agree on pricing until you get a VIN. And when those words are uttered, that's your cue to walk out and go to a different dealer.
this exactly. And if they don’t agree to MSRP walk away and tell them you’ll order your bronco somewhere else…

OP
OP

Longnius

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

just curious, have you ordered a bronco, and if so, were you able to get it financed under 2%?

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your main focus is probably to get the sale price in writing, but you should go one step further and get a written agreement on the total out the door price.

If you don't, then you leave yourself open to all kinds of shenanigans.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just curious, have you ordered a bronco, and if so, were you able to get it financed under 2%?
I have ordered a Bronco, but I have not obtained financing for it yet. Approval for financing usually only last 30-90 days depending on which bank you go with... but I have no idea when my Bronco is getting built so haven't gone down the path of getting financing for it yet.

I did buy a Ford Escape last summer and got a 1.99% rate. But the Fed will probably raise the prime rate a bit in the next few months to help combat the inflation, so once my Bronco does get built and delivered... I'm guessing it'll be hard for me to find a sub-2% loan.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one is getting sub-2% unless it's being bought down by the dealer for some reason. I got 2.29@ 60mo no payments for 90 days from my credit union with 800 credit score. Ford will not get you anything close to 2%.
Sponsored