Sponsored

$4,838 ADM unreasonable on a Wildtrack Hardtop?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With 7+ interest rate hikes coming over the next two years, I would advise anyone who is carrying debt (especially variable debt) to understand the potential impact of those rate hikes combined with sustained 7% inflation on your disposable income.

Fed policy changes lag in timing. It will likely take 12-18 months after the rate hikes begin to get any real downward trend inflation.
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe if it was a 2dr.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

5k extra on a 59k truck doesn’t seem so bad while so many dealers are tacking 20k onto 30k base models. I would rather pay 5k over and get something right now than place an order and wait to pay msrp, especially for the wildtrak which seems to include many of the constraints that are holding up builds. And it’s not just Broncos, the whole new and used car market is terrible right now. I’ve been hearing about Kia dealers charging 10k over on Tellurides and Mercedes dealers are tacking 30k onto those boxy looking G-class things.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like they are low balling me on my Jeep trade. I may just keep it. 2017 JKU with 6 speed manual. 6 speed may be hurting the value on it but we love it.
Carmax
Carvana
Vroom
Give me the VIN
Shift
CarZeus
Driveway
TrueCar

All will buy your car, only take a few minutes to get an offer and won't hound you with spam afterwards. Take the best offer to the dealer for them to match (don't forget to factor in the tax break). If they don't match, sell it to one of the buying services.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm not a fan of ADM, but that one is admittedly a low ADM these days and it's for a Wildtrak. If it's the vehicle you want and assuming your ordered one is not arriving any time soon, then look at it as an opportunity cost to have the Bronco you want now and get rid of all the worry and angst about a pending order. That has value for sure.

I agree with others that you should get some bids from CarMax, Carvana, Autonation, etc. on your Jeep. You might use those bids to get the dealer higher on his number for the trade in, and if not, go sell it to the highest bidder.

Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate paying over sticker. Heck, I hate even paying sticker. My dealer has a Wold track 4 door hardtop coming in I can get fro $4,838 over sticker. I am really mixed on it. Heck, the way inflation is going I should buy it and finance the whole amount…

Comments?

D.
I've got it in my head that with the uncertain wait time ahead of me for the Bronco that I ordered (ordered in October, dealer estimated at the time it'd probably arrive in June, as of now, no build date yet), about $5,000 is as much over MSRP as I'd be willing to go, if someone had the exact build that I want, and I could buy it now. You're below that threshold, so if it was me, I'd probably take it.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take is this - I would never pay ADM on a special order. That being said we paid an ADM on our Expedition that was dealer stock, i didn't really care because the trade in was MASSIVELY over what the car was worth to me and way over what it was worth the previous year (nada, KBB) so i felt like it was a wash.

Surprise ADM on a special order? Those dealers should be tarred and feathered.
This was my experience as well. Yes there was an ADM on my Bronco, but my trade in off set the ADM. sticker was $59,000, after trade in, tax title and tags, I financed $59,305. It was a wash in my case.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like they are low balling me on my Jeep trade. I may just keep it. 2017 JKU with 6 speed manual. 6 speed may be hurting the value on it but we love it.
You're currently driving a 2017 Jeep that you love, sounds like an easy decision then.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

D.
Run your Jeep through Vroom.com. They've been paying more for them than any of the other similar services. They bought my 2020 JLU Willys with 14K miles for $200 less than I paid "out the door." If nothing else, it's a good check on the dealer's offer. The whole Vroom process will take about 5 days to complete and they come pick your Jeep up from your house. If my Ice Mountain Bronco ever gets released, I'm selling them my 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I purchased it for $9K to bridge the gap between my Jeep and Bronco - I ran the Vroom numbers about two weeks ago and they came back at $10,688. Absolutely nuts.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d buy it, it’s an absolute deal! If you don’t have a reservation already, or even if you do, there is no way to know when you could buy bronco. Even with a build date, it’s still a complete gamble. The extra 5k is worth it just to have some control over the situation. I know 10 people who would buy that truck right now.

OP
OP

ddivinia

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is a SAS with hardtop. I do not have a reservation. I was going to di that the day they announced and my wife talked me out of it... Oh well, is what it is. It is Cactus Grey. I can afford it just fine - just crazy times. Hell, I had to pay over for my GT500 CFtP but a Bronco...

D.
Sponsored