steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

running 37s essentially means you are 2 inches closer to hitting the fenders.

this is why badlands on 33s have more wheel travel because the wheel/tire combo is smaller
So, you're saying his 37's will rub.
OP says it is not rubbing.

37's are only ~1" greater radius than Sasquatch tires, not 2.

IF he's not rubbing, then no change to articulation.

I've seen reports of both. 37's on Sasquatch wheels reportedly rub. Spacing wheels out further reduces interference.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/post-1044640

It seems hard to make a definitive statement at this point on 37's fitting with adequate clearance when you take into account changing wheel specs.

Also need to take into account sway bar connected/disconnected. Badlands appears to use the same Sasquatch suspension as all other Bronco models, so logic follows the decrease in up-travel Ford designed into Sasquatch was designed around Badlands with sta-bar disconnect enabled, since that configuration would push the tires furthest into the wheel well.

Perhaps a fully loaded WT with the highest spring rates, sway bar connected, and different wheel offset will not rub at full articulation.

Also, peoples definition of rubbing and testing method differ. A lot of tire sizes will fit on the street for daily driving.

I'd like to see Ford introduce high clearance fenders for fitting 37x12.5 tires on Badlands Sasquatch (stock wheels, no spacers, no lift). Then I'd just need to add the upgraded steering components they teased, but have yet to release.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
He's not rubbing because he has NOT taken it off-road yet. Like I said 37s will be fine on the street assuming you don't have some crazy poke. He will def rub like a mofo when he articulate that suspension.

ask the OP to jump his truck and I bet he will rip his fenders clean off.

So, you're saying his 37's will rub.
OP says it is not rubbing.

37's are only ~1" greater radius than Sasquatch tires, not 2.

IF he's not rubbing, then no change to articulation.

I've seen reports of both. 37's on Sasquatch wheels reportedly rub. Spacing wheels out further reduces interference.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...lands-no-lift-build-thread.26479/post-1044640

It seems hard to make a definitive statement at this point on 37's fitting with adequate clearance when you take into account changing wheel specs.

Also need to take into account sway bar connected/disconnected. Badlands appears to use the same Sasquatch suspension as all other Bronco models, so logic follows the decrease in up-travel Ford designed into Sasquatch was designed around Badlands with sta-bar disconnect enabled, since that configuration would push the tires furthest into the wheel well.

Perhaps a fully loaded WT with the highest spring rates, sway bar connected, and different wheel offset will not rub at full articulation.

Also, peoples definition of rubbing and testing method differ. A lot of tire sizes will fit on the street for daily driving.

I'd like to see Ford introduce high clearance fenders for fitting 37x12.5 tires on Badlands Sasquatch (stock wheels, no spacers, no lift). Then I'd just need to add the upgraded steering components they teased, but have yet to release.

Last edited:

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does only changing wheels and tires affect articulation?
Unless you mean to imply suspension travel will be limited by the larger tire hitting the fender/body/frame?
Yes, travel takes a hit when the larger tire diameter increases and the suspension remains the same. I'm sure it would be fun to drive as long as you're not trying to soak up any bumps or pull tight turns.

The Off Roadeo here in TX has a great Baja track, and driving it at 55mph in a stock Wildtrak really made me glad for every inch of travel

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much have you driven it?? Maybe the small different in tire size and wheel makes a difference... I am running black Rhino 17x9.5 with -18 offset... I Know i am not comfortable with the clearance

Probably all offset. The lower you go, the more you increase the scrub radius so the +12 is probably just enough for getting the the inner well clearance you need, but not so much that the scrub radius becomes an issue around the tire when you turn. With that said I would bet dollars to donuts this set up rubs at least the flares at full bump with no lift. They limit up travel by about half an inch with the Sasquatch to keep the 35s out of the fenders as is so one would assume full bump might require a flare delete or some trim time.

Edit: I do not own a car that the tires do not rub at least a little on, it isn't the end of the world. You ain't living unless the tires rub just a little bit boys. Quit whinin

SIXMIL

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes C350 coupe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice Falken tires!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ActMoritz

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Niro, FJ40 and Transit 350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably all offset. The lower you go, the more you increase the scrub radius so the +12 is probably just enough for getting the the inner well clearance you need, but not so much that the scrub radius becomes an issue around the tire when you turn. With that said I would bet dollars to donuts this set up rubs at least the flares at full bump with no lift. They limit up travel by about half an inch with the Sasquatch to keep the 35s out of the fenders as is so one would assume full bump might require a flare delete or some trim time.

Edit: I do not own a car that the tires do not rub at least a little on, it isn't the end of the world. You ain't living unless the tires rub just a little bit boys. Quit whinin
Agreed đź’Ż... My daily car is the only vehicle I own you don't rub at some point.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, travel takes a hit when the larger tire diameter increases and the suspension remains the same.
If there are no clearance issues, how does tire diameter effect suspension travel?

I guess I just don't agree with your words, or perhaps lack of context.

Obviously physical constraints will affect travel, like limit straps and bump stops.
If your tire is too large and rubs, you effectively introducing a lousy bump stop, one that will damage your fender if you hit it.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there are no clearance issues, how does tire diameter effect suspension travel?

I guess I just don't agree with your words, or perhaps lack of context.

Obviously physical constraints will affect travel, like limit straps and bump stops.
If your tire is too large and rubs, you effectively introducing a lousy bump stop, one that will damage your fender if you hit it.
Larger tire in the same space eats into the range the wheel can travel along the suspension. If you have 35s and 10" of travel, swapping for 37s leaves you with 8" of vertical distance.

Difference in tire size - available travel = total vertical travel

Effectively, with larger tires, you lose the ability to bottom out at the same point on the shock. Am I missing a variable?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Larger tire in the same space eats into the range the wheel can travel along the suspension. If you have 35s and 10" of travel, swapping for 37s leaves you with 8" of vertical distance.

Effectively, with larger tires, you lose the ability to bottom out at the same point on the shock. Am I missing a variable?
It seems to me it would only effect travel if the larger tire hits something during the travel of the suspension.
Let's take a Base Bronco and Big Bend Bronco. Both share suspension components and therefore suspension travel.
If I upgrade the Base Bronco with 30" tires with 32" tires found on the Big Bend, I will not lose suspension travel, assuming Ford fitted identical suspensions between both models and the Big Bend doesn't 'rub' from the factory at full stuff.

Just want to add, my original question was serious, as I'm always trying to learn more about suspension technology and the effect of changes.
e.g. the location of the mount of the front Bronco spring/shock on the lower A arm does not provide a 1 to 1 relationship between the thickness of a spacer puck and the ultimate lift of the chassis. If the mount was at the center line of the tire, it would be 1 to 1, as you move closer to the pivot (mount near the frame) you gain more lift for less spacer thickness.

Sponsored

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some things I think that should be mentioned. 1. There is a difference between rubbin a bit and RUBBING. If it is not enough to stop the lock up the tire at speed, it is not really limiting travel. 2. A 37 is going to reduce tire clearance by one inch, not two. (I know my old geometry teacher is smiling down on me right now for that one) Besides that, if you are running a real lift with coilovers and not a spacer, you are going to have to set your bump stops to land sooner. I don't know about you, but I am not spending $5k on coilovers to not get every dang mm of travel they got. Full bump is full bump regardless of whether you are on stockers or Kings, that's why the good lord made cutting implements. I think the main limitation will be the flares, not the actual fenders themselves. So that it can turn with a 37, you need a lower offset that pushes the tire outside the flare line. Meaning under compression that tire is heading straight for the lowest hanging part of the flare. Take it off and I would bet it just barely kisses the fender at full bump if at all, but hey if I am wrong, I have a cut-off wheel or two that will solve it. Bronco people have been trimming fenders since 1966. Why the heck would we stop now?

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i would think no lift on a sas would be fine for 37’s if youre not gonna run hardcore offroad. I would go with at least a 1” level to help with articulation in the front for any sort of offroad. If theyre gonna do hardcore then a 3.5” lift is needed. If it’s just a DD and no offroad but the occasional dirt road with a little mud they will be fine. Not everybody has full rock crawl or hardcore woodland mud trail And stream accessible to them. I understand what your concerns are, but they may not be his concerns. I would be more concerned with the people lifting stock bronco with a 3.5 lift and 35’s & 37’s and no upgraded suspension. At least a SAS equipped bronco is better suited to run a 37 than a stock to run a 35.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By the way fellow Broncowners, if his goal was to make his rig look cool as shit…. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Just appreciate how it looks people and stop judging everybody. Oh wait i forgot, this is the internet, my bad…. Judge away lol. But seriously, maybe your goal is not his. 👍🏻🤷🏼‍♂️

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i would think no lift on a sas would be fine for 37’s if youre not gonna run hardcore offroad. I would go with at least a 1” level to help with articulation in the front for any sort of offroad. If theyre gonna do hardcore then a 3.5” lift is needed. If it’s just a DD and no offroad but the occasional dirt road with a little mud they will be fine. Not everybody has full rock crawl or hardcore woodland mud trail And stream accessible to them. I understand what your concerns are, but they may not be his concerns. I would be more concerned with the people lifting stock bronco with a 3.5 lift and 35’s & 37’s and no upgraded suspension. At least a SAS equipped bronco is better suited to run a 37 than a stock to run a 35.
Totally, and I agree with you! I'm still just trying to understand why someone wouldn't just do this to a cheaper model if they're not going to take it on trails. You could achieve the same look and many if not all of the same options unrelated to off road use for waaaay less money. It just seems backwards, but I'll echo what others have pointed out: it looks freaking sweet regardless.

staylormade

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice. I too wondered about the rubbing, but I see the responses. Cactus Gray is looking phenomenal.
Sponsored