Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Many Bronco6G members have asked to see some head-to-head action between the 2021 Bronco and the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that's traveling with the Bronco prototype group as a support & tow vehicle.

Here's one particular climb at Moab where we see a 2-door Bronco, 4-door Bronco and the Wrangler Rubicon make the same climb back-to-back. Both Broncos are Badlands (without Sasquatch Package) and all three vehicles are on 33" tires. As we can see, the Jeep's solid front axle (SFA) doesn't necessarily provide an advantage in all off-road situations - i.e. where the articulation advantages of SFA are not emphasized.

Specs for the vehicles:

2-Door Bronco:
Badlands, auto transmission, 33" BFG AT tires, standard wheels, Ford Performance steel modular front bumper. The auto transmission on the Badlands has a 4.46 gear ratio. Wheelbase is 100.4"

4-Door Bronco:
Badlands, manual transmission, optional 33" Goodyear MT tires, Ford Performance beadlock wheels & rings. The manual transmission on the Badlands has a 4.70 gear ratio. Wheelbase is 116.1"

4-Door Wrangler:
Rubicon, 33" tires. Wheelbase is 118.4"

Sponsored

Last edited:

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2 Dr Auto is leading the trio...at least in this sector. ?
Very impressive to see the ease with which both Broncos go about their business.?

The shorter 100 inch wheelbase of the 2 Dr makes it look particularly agile on the rocks and should cause less rock rash/scraping.

Sponsored

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that manual just crawled right up. Can you confirm if that was using the crawl gear?

I really can’t wait to get my 2dr MT Badlands. Or to see one with that set up in action.

It would also be great to know if the sway bar is disconnected in some of these MOAB videos.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jeep guys are going to be so defensive over this video. “Propoganda I tell you! They purposely didn’t get the Jeep up there in the first try! Let’s see them crawl over some real rocks!!” Etc etc. *insert eye roll here* :rolleyes:

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door bronco had a lot less wheel spin than the 2 door. All three could of use a little less air in tires.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Charlotte here and reserved mine on the 14th at Felix Sebates. I wish there was a Hendrick Ford store since I work with them, but Felix Sebates is an AMSI store and I've done business at their sister stores. So far Blake has been super responsive, but also waiting on final details from FMCO but no ADM and accepting X-plan to his knowledge.

I'm looking forward to doing some group rides / meets once we all get our Broncos. I'm new to NC so I really don't know any of the trails or national forests here, and going with at least another rig is always best. Would be awesome to get some camping trips organized.

Cheers
The Jeep guys are going to be so defensive over this video. “Propoganda I tell you! They purposely didn’t get the Jeep up there in the first try! Let’s see them crawl over some real rocks!!” Etc etc. *insert eye roll here* :rolleyes:
It does look suspect though.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that manual just crawled right up. Can you confirm if that was using the crawl gear?
From the sound of the motor, seems like it was using crawl gear.
Looks like it makes a difference. Walked right up that.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah and they’d have good reason. Didn’t look like an honest effort to me.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah and they’d have good reason. Didn’t look like an honest effort to me.

I’m not saying they don’t have a leg to stand on. But if you go over to the JL forums you will find people who don’t have one nice thing to say about the Bronco. They are so threatened by competition that they must counterpoint even the smallest things. I know there are probably bronco homers here as well. I’m just having fun with it.

this tweet sums it up nicely...

Ford Bronco Video: 2021 Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Crawling Back-to-Back at Moab 1784E65E-AFB7-4C96-BEF1-3D325E7B44F5
Sponsored