Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that manual just crawled right up. Can you confirm if that was using the crawl gear?
I wonder if it was the underpowered 2.3t (If you can even call it that) that didn't produce the wheelspin like the 2.7tt?
Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So why aren't they putting a Sasquatch through all of this??

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better articulation on the non-squatch apparently. Also might be trying to do apples to apples as best they can.
Yeah I agree, although "Most capable Wrangler (33's) available vs. Most capable Bronco (35's) available" to me would be apples to apples :) But apparently a more lifted Bronco with 35's hurts you on the articulation. Still would like to see a Sasquatch doing this.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I agree, although "Most capable Wrangler (33's) available vs. Most capable Bronco (35's) available" to me would be apples to apples :) But apparently a more lifted Bronco with 35's hurts you on the articulation. Still would like to see a Sasquatch doing this.
I don’t think it’s actually more lifted. I think it’s the same height just that the 33s have more room in the wheel well to travel.

Sponsored

Fireshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma TRD | '08 VW R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it's almost like they picked these particular hills...

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator

Can we add their engine sizes to the description of each vehicle including the Jeep or is this information not known at this time?

Thanks.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My JKU rubicon in the same spot a few years back. 6 speed manual.

marcrowd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Better articulation on the non-squatch apparently. Also might be trying to do apples to apples as best they can.
I’m agreeing with the apples to apples comparison one, not the non-sas gets better articulation. I don’t believe that.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder if it was the underpowered 2.3t (If you can even call it that) that didn't produce the wheelspin like the 2.7tt?
Had nothing to do with power. The Jeep spins its wheels with a lot less power than the 2.7.

It was the manual 2.3 4DR Badlands they’ve been running, and that engine rev as they were past the initial breakover obstacle and were climbing up the rest of the rock tells you they were in crawl gear. Slow and steady = crawl. Also saves axle shafts and reduces tire wear.

Sponsored

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that manual just crawled right up. Can you confirm if that was using the crawl gear?

From the sound of the motor, seems like it was using crawl gear.
Looks like it makes a difference. Walked right up that.
I have to say I agree based on the high rev and crawling speed towards the end of the video when he flattens out and commits to the next smaller obstacle.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My JKU rubicon in the same spot a few years back. 6 speed manual.
Great video! Offroad capability comparisons are very tough. If you're looking at sports cars on a racetrack, it's very easy to look at lap times side by side and figure out which one is faster. But offroad, conditions can change from vehicle to vehicle - the lead truck could throw sand or mud on the rock it just passed and make it harder for the follower. There is no perfect, clearly defined, optimal racing line - just the line you try and pick through the obstacles. And tires make a big difference, too. So it's very hard to look at side by side comparisons of the same obstacle and decide which truck is more capable. I'm sure tens of thousands of Jeeps have made it up that rock over the years. This video doesn't prove that a Jeep can't or couldn't or even that the average Jeep would have a hard time, just that the Bronco can do it.
Sponsored